Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Beet posted:

About 15 years ago I beat Bahamut on the moon in FFIVDS while blackout drunk on Four Loko-adjacent malt liquor

I'm surprised they let you take all that poo poo up there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Lol

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The cutscene in FF 8 that sort of just implies all the monsters are waiting in grids on the moon to fall to earth rules.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Fluffdaddy posted:

This is the indicator if you are an old millennial or a not as old millennial.

im in the middle and played both at release

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i just think ffx and x-2 have the best combat systems they ever did. and the sphere grid is god like. and the characters are the best. and the storyu is the best. and the setting. and blitzball.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

X-2 is godlike. Being in a girl pop band that beats rear end and wears clothes ftw.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plus the antagonist is smoking hot.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think a lot of people like FF4, its just that FF5 is the common FF nerd's choice for the best of the SNES/SFC games, and FF6 is the common normie's choice

the normies are right

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

aye

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Wormskull posted:

X-2 is godlike. Being in a girl pop band that beats rear end and wears clothes ftw.

☝️

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I like 8 the best BC it has great music and a weird system you can relentlessly abuse by playing cards a lot but they're all pretty great. I am struggling to connect with X trying to play it for the first time in 2024 on switch with no real modern qol updates but that's on me for being a messy dickhead with a drinking problem when it came out.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I like 8 the best BC it has great music and a weird system you can relentlessly abuse by playing cards a lot but they're all pretty great. I am struggling to connect with X trying to play it for the first time in 2024 on switch with no real modern qol updates but that's on me for being a messy dickhead with a drinking problem when it came out.

Lord Seymour’s sissy hypno dungeon is worth the price of admission, Arisen.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

getting all the boys together to play crystal chronicles with our gbas and the link cables for 10 straight hours ftw

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Kefka is still my favorite FF villain.

Tactics is my second favorite ff.
Ff tactics on the gba freaking broke me. The battery in my cart died, a couple weeks of heavy play into it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Getting my 8 most jacked masculine homies together for a full marathon play through of FFX2 no leaving during cutscenes allowed.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

yup

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

it doesnt need any updates. gently caress you.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
[looking at mona lisa + lilies + starreyu night all next to each other] i am struggling to connect with this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

800 pound-deadlift homeboy, breathless as Paine twirls around in her transformed 40 ft lingerie: Wow. This is so loving sick.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Stux posted:

it doesnt need any updates. gently caress you.

there's approx two pre boss cutscenes I'd like to skip because we both know I'm dying multiple times lol. otherwise agreed it's already perfect

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I think XIII-2 is better gameplay wise and therefore the better game, but X-2 is unfathomably Based.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The truth is that almost every FF game kicks rear end.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
unfortunately whenever lightning returns comes up now i start thinking about fire alarms and not the game

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I think XIII-2 is better gameplay wise and therefore the better game, but X-2 is unfathomably Based.

XIII-2 is one of my favorites. Sera is a better main character than lightning and the music whips

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Forget Final Fantasy, when am I finally getting a fast rear end?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
That was a bit laboured and I also spelled it wrong. My apologies.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

its ok man

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Forget Final Fantasy, when am I finally getting a fast rear end?
Hyper donkey simulator isn't due until next year.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

rise of the ronin is such a big dang game. There are so many dudes you can be friends with, being a gun samurai rocks

shout out to my man Gonzo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Babe Magnet posted:

rise of the ronin is such a big dang game. There are so many dudes you can be friends with, being a gun samurai rocks

shout out to my man Gonzo

Josh of the Groban.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The first FF is the only good one because any other game belies the word "Final" in the title

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I also have a long standing bias against ff14 due to ff14 posters, and people insisting that it isn't actually an MMO.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I also have a long standing bias against ff14 due to ff14 posters, and people insisting that it isn't actually an MMO.

it isnt an mmo. its mmo tier quest and story design but with all the mmo parts cut out for some reason

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I rather enjoy it, even if the community online is extremely :sam: tier. But just for the story and raids...I play a real game if I want good moment to moment gameplay.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
guy who looks like a walking panic attack: no no no its not like OTHER mmos. you actually dont have to interact with anyone at all, they even put npcs in the dungeons now so you dont have to group. its basically a single player rpg to level :) and you can make your lalafell so cute!! want to join my linkshell?

me: [inaudible over sound of empty pistol rapidly clicking in my mouth]

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Stux posted:

guy who looks like a walking panic attack: no no no its not like OTHER mmos. you actually dont have to interact with anyone at all, they even put npcs in the dungeons now so you dont have to group. its basically a single player rpg to level :) and you can make your lalafell so cute!! want to join my linkshell?

me: [inaudible over sound of empty pistol rapidly clicking in my mouth]

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Someone post the lalafell airport pic please

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

If you want a single player MMO you should play Xenoblade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They need to re-release Xenoblade X on the switch asap.