Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

sasuke is too pure to live in the sengoku period

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Really enjoying this teamup of cartoony gremlin and photorealistic middle-aged clown with depression

Ahh, the two halves of any artist

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

was really bracing for the superslam on the easy lay-up; wasn't prepared to get hit with the realness lol :smith:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
It was a great setup, yeah

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Bro Dad posted:

sasuke is too pure to live in the sengoku period

He's a big old sweetie at heart, yeah. Light fingers though, count your spoons after you have him over for tea.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: i think we can all agree: this fish is an rear end in a top hat, a normal fish would have swam away a long time ago, this fish has a vendetta, he is absolutely out of pocket

quote:

“In his fundamental nature, man fears what he cannot destroy. He allows this fear to burrow into his heart and in defense he obsesses over control. Abandoning this notion is the most important principal of kingship. A man can set a sail but can never get the breeze to blow on its own. If he tries, it shall surely drive him mad.”

-Au Vam

Full Size
Alt: The primal strike

quote:

“Sirs, and if you will hear me, I have a certain ken,
a way of moving, and if a man intend do violence to me, I shall simply lay my hand upon his shoulder
gentle as all, sir, and though the touch is light he will feel
that terrible weight
and in that moment I have killed him without killing him, and all the knowing of that will drag him down, meek as a lamb,
attest I, sirs, and witness you I have never had to kill a man yet this way, nor do I fetter them,
aye, tis’ merely in my interest to go on my way, as all men should – a merry way of living,
wouldn’t you say?”

– Intra, God of Swords

Intra rules

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

Adding in the previous four tallies for ???? Must Be Destroyed, since we know for a fact that they're part of Souboutei now...
Souboutei Must Be Destroyed: 51 (+17)

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Apr 28, 2024

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Destroy!!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 47: Packed

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Gotta say, Dolmistaska is just rocketing up the rankings of comics now. It's great.

Snackmar posted:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Girlsz 'N' Games!

This works really well, but I wish it didn't.

Anywho, here's (probably) the second-last batch of GREEN'S BIRDS

Cockatiels are beautiful little animals. I'm okay with people having them roam about their houses, as they are sociable and inquisitive and seem to enjoy having a lot of toys to investigate. Caging cockatiels is a crime, imo: despite being fat and cheerful little derps, cockatiels have the most perfect silhouette in flight of any bird. Photos don't capture it and neither do words.
Anyway if you're wondering about panel 3, cockatoos are the ones famous for methodically ripping anti-pigeon spikes off buildings or kicking potted plants off balconies or learning to open and ransack garbage bins for funsies.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The only criticism I have of this comic is that it doesnt convey how GODDAMN NOISY THESE BASTARDS ARE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xau8eVbNoDc

Turn that up to maximum volume. They drown out all other noise

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Man, that wish is just cold. He invited those guys to his birthday party at his house!
But maybe he's talking about the scumbags he's not personally friends with. Still seems like a bit of a vicious wish.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

when's big corella

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

Man, that wish is just cold. He invited those guys to his birthday party at his house!
But maybe he's talking about the scumbags he's not personally friends with. Still seems like a bit of a vicious wish.

That's got to be Ootsuki's wish - fleecing underground gambling addicts is how he makes the money to afford to go on these outings.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Emzedoh posted:

That's got to be Ootsuki's wish - fleecing underground gambling addicts is how he makes the money to afford to go on these outings.

Yeah, that makes sense, actually. The guard probably just has that wish that his work goes well. Ootsuki would sell out his gang in a heartbeat if he calculates a personal advantage.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

MS Paint Masterpieces
#593: Value Of Life - Both Sucks And Blows

#594: Value Of Life - Telprot Krakow

#595: Value Of Life - The Return Of Met Man

The vacuum arm on Roll is from the not-very-good ruby spears tv show, since she was built as a cleaning robot. I think the powered-up games give her a broom instead, and treat it like Zero's saber?

MS Paint Masterpieces
#596: Value Of Life - Ganging Up

#597: Value Of Life - Mega Man Falls

#598: Value Of Life - Being Stubborn

I figured I'd mockup what this would look like using the original sprites and a normal sprite comic panel size

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Yeah, that makes sense, actually. The guard probably just has that wish that his work goes well. Ootsuki would sell out his gang in a heartbeat if he calculates a personal advantage.

I'd like to think he'd take several heartbeats at least, and that the personal advantage gained would have to be fairly large.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

when's big corella

we don't talk about big corella

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tree Bucket posted:

we don't talk about big corella

sydney had it coming

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah, that makes sense, actually. The guard probably just has that wish that his work goes well.

I think that's Numakawa. Wishing to be super-rich is obviously Isawa's so I think Miyamoto actually just wished for eternal good times with his only friends :unsmith:

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

See, I actually pegged that last one as Isawa - he's a sweet simple soul. I figured work was Miyamoto and wealth was Numakawa.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they're all isawa because he's the only one that believes in shrine wishes

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Yeah, or that.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Different Country Diary

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

It's small but by jacket/pants colours and heights relative to each other you can tell that from left to right it's Numakawa, Isawa, Miyamoto, Ootsuki. I doubt the thought bubbles would not be in the same order.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

:golfclap:

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

KennyMan666 posted:

It's small but by jacket/pants colours and heights relative to each other you can tell that from left to right it's Numakawa, Isawa, Miyamoto, Ootsuki. I doubt the thought bubbles would not be in the same order.

Huh, I hadn't even realised they were in frame! I guess Numakawa's the sweetie, then.

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 76: Smells Like Child Spirit

Pottery to help you forget life's troubles.

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 38: The Knight, the Squire and the Job Offers

I don't know what you were expecting Yoshi, after giving answers like that.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Emzedoh posted:

Look at that chubbie

LOOK AT IT

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Dolmistaska

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why was there cat hair and footprints in the trunk. pm sat in the front

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

why was there cat hair and footprints in the trunk. pm sat in the front

you misread "truck" as "trunk"

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

crazy, i also read trunk on my first go through.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh right, that's less weird

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Emzedoh posted:

Huh, I hadn't even realised they were in frame! I guess Numakawa's the sweetie, then.

.....so all the weird abstract shapes that adorn a lot of painted japanese ceramics were actually invented by a child to be used as a marketing gimmick

this loving manga

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

x

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

I been playing a lot of guilty gear strive lately, and its lore is a goldmine for making comics. I sketched out a two pager that I might finish that covers sin's birth and what his dad did to lower the super strong babby's power level. It's one of those things where it's hard to improve on just the raw facts of the incident because of how absurd it is. Any comic hoping to play it up really doesn't need much embellishments so you end up with 'it is what it is' which I guess will be funny for people who don't know (probably a good amount of people in this thread) but fans will just be like 'yep that's what happened all right.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lmaooooo a god is going to wreck that man

GOOD