Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
curious how millie ends up looking at the end of this. I sorta think some of that is hallusanations but drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Page has gotta be playing Satan considering he was the original Hades in Hadestown. It's perfect, and c'mon, he's totally got the baritone to do a sinister Satan song

seriously check this fucker out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2pxbyf_tgE

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 28, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Technowolf posted:

Rate Blitz's OC/humansona:

10 out of 10

Whose ID did he steal?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Last Call posted:

10 out of 10

Whose ID did he steal?

Blitzo's artistic talent comes in the clutch once again.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Flopsy posted:

Blitzo's artistic talent comes in the clutch once again.

Blitz to be Hell's own grand master in due time.

Mark my words.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Okay I just finished going through all of Hazbin.

We're all agreed that Sir Pentious is the best character right?

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Okay I just finished going through all of Hazbin.

We're all agreed that Sir Pentious is the best character right?

Finally, someone else gets it!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Ironslave posted:

Finally, someone else gets it!

Top Snek. My favorite gag is when Angel Dust tells Cherry he has two dicks and she like, "Heyyyyyy".

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The slithering one becoming a full time hotel member and a fan favorite is not something I would have ever predicted before the show launched.

Even got redeemed which based on how he acted made the most sense. Out of them all he was the less "evil".

The Helluva Boss trailer that showed the upcoming episodes looks to have shown who kept Blitz from meeting Fizz after the accident, going to put it in a spoiler box.

Dear ol dad blocked him from seeing Fizz

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

The Last Call posted:

Even got redeemed which based on how he acted made the most sense. Out of them all he was the less "evil".
Is there a canonical backstory for why he wound up in hell like there is for the others? (I assume anything not on screen is actually still subject to change, but still)

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Cugel the Clever posted:

Is there a canonical backstory for why he wound up in hell like there is for the others? (I assume anything not on screen is actually still subject to change, but still)

Nothing yet.

We might see some stuff come season two. He probably went to hell for accidentally doing something or getting connected to something someone else caused. He strikes me as the type to have that be the case.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Last Call posted:

The Helluva Boss trailer that showed the upcoming episodes looks to have shown who kept Blitz from meeting Fizz after the accident, going to put it in a spoiler box.

Dear ol dad blocked him from seeing Fizz

I think most of us figured it had to be since Mammon had no clue who Blitzo was till they met and Asmodeus only heard about him through Fizz long after the fact.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Last Call posted:

Nothing yet.

We might see some stuff come season two. He probably went to hell for accidentally doing something or getting connected to something someone else caused. He strikes me as the type to have that be the case.

He was apparently an officer in the British Empire, that's probably enough.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Flopsy posted:

I think most of us figured it had to be since Mammon had no clue who Blitzo was till they met and Asmodeus only heard about him through Fizz long after the fact.

No way was it ever Mammon, way too early for that. Most of us figured who it had to be, one of the images shown in the trailer gives us a POV shot of him being blocked from entering the room by said person.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

He was apparently an officer in the British Empire, that's probably enough.

That confirmed? Or is it something people are speculating. Doesn't help all the fanon stuff is clogging up things these days making what's true or not a pain.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Would not be surprising that Blitzo's dad would be the type to be controlling over his kids, even though he neglects and exploits them, because he knows that if they get the opportunity to get out from under his thumb they're likely to take it (and eventually do) and deprive him of their usefulness.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
That same fire also killed Blitz's mother so I'm wondering if the father blocking Blitz from seeing Fizz wasn't intentional. Like he's a lovely guy, I could see him seeing Blitz in the hospital and dragging him out on sight regardless of why he's there, and then just spitefully telling him that nobody wants to see him. And Blitz, understandably, believed that included Fizz.

I dunno, I just prefer the idea of the root of Fizz and Blitz's miscommunication arc not being deliberate sabotage specifically to keep them apart, and more a lovely rear end in a top hat's throwaway comment having unforeseen consequences.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

As shown in the trailer.

And is this......the one......the only.......

MR. SATAN

Afro and jet packs not included.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And with Lucifer in Hazbin I believe that only leaves Leviathan and Belphegor unaccounted for now. Curious which show will introduce them first (probably HB given that 95% of the other Sins made their debut there)

Speaking of, I still want to see Bee again eventually assuming they can get Kesha back (maybe even let her sing her own song next time)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 30, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

And with Lucifer in Hazbin I believe that only leaves Leviathan and Belphegor unaccounted for now. Curious which show will introduce them first (probably HB given that 95% of the other Sins made their debut there)

Speaking of, I still want to see Bee again eventually assuming they can get Kesha back (maybe even let her sing her own song next time)

Things like the Sins appear to be a HB thing while Overlords are a Hazbin thing. Each show dealing with it's own different sides of Hell.

A Hell that still looks a lot less destructive in Helluva Boss may I add. Same universe, different time frames perhaps? Get the feeling Hazbin might occur before Helluva when things are worse. Thanks to Charlie
and co it gets fixed up some by the time Helluva is going on. Still Hell so you know, crazy poo poo but less of a shithouse.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, my personal headcanon is that at the very least HB takes place after the first season of Hazbin where the yearly extermination threat is no longer an issue (the closest IMP’s come to dealing with Angels/Heaven in general so far were the Cherubs)

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
My bet is a number of years later. If not a generation.

Possessed Blitz having to fight his own inner demons and what he has done, along with what he has lost?

It explains why he's fighting Millie in a scene or two.

Slime him!

He'll like it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Last Call posted:

My bet is a number of years later. If not a generation.

Possessed Blitz having to fight his own inner demons and what he has done, along with what he has lost?

It explains why he's fighting Millie in a scene or two.

Slime him!

He'll like it.

I find it a tragedy that Ghostbusters 2 didn't inspire a slew of knock off feel good slime weapons.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Flopsy posted:

I find it a tragedy that Ghostbusters 2 didn't inspire a slew of knock off feel good slime weapons.

I blame it on the puritan nature of America.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yeah the ghostbusters episode is going to have like all the trauma in it I bet. That shot from the trailer of the claws grabbing the door frame, I'm pretty sure that's a vision or ghost or whatever of Chaz that's traumatizing Millie in the same fashion as Blitzo's stuff

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Macaluso posted:

Yeah the ghostbusters episode is going to have like all the trauma in it I bet. That shot from the trailer of the claws grabbing the door frame, I'm pretty sure that's a vision or ghost or whatever of Chaz that's traumatizing Millie in the same fashion as Blitzo's stuff

Based on the trailer the demon behind it is is an aquatic. You see the human changing and his hair turns like a fin.

See Glitz and Glam.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The Last Call posted:

Things like the Sins appear to be a HB thing while Overlords are a Hazbin thing. Each show dealing with it's own different sides of Hell.

A Hell that still looks a lot less destructive in Helluva Boss may I add. Same universe, different time frames perhaps? Get the feeling Hazbin might occur before Helluva when things are worse. Thanks to Charlie
and co it gets fixed up some by the time Helluva is going on. Still Hell so you know, crazy poo poo but less of a shithouse.

Pentagram City is in Pride and Sinners are only in Pride.

Hell looks like less of a shithole everywhere else because it doesn't have Sinners and Overlords making things worse.

No time difference needed.

Even with the context that IMP have an office in Pride, it's in Imp City, which given the name presumably has a much larger population of native demons than Pentagram City relative to the Sinner Population.

Basically Pentagram City is the worst place in Hell, because it is where all the Sinners and Overlords primarily live if not exclusively so.

Larryb posted:

Yeah, my personal headcanon is that at the very least HB takes place after the first season of Hazbin where the yearly extermination threat is no longer an issue (the closest IMP’s come to dealing with Angels/Heaven in general so far were the Cherubs)

All Hellborn Demons are protected from the Exterminations, both by location (not living near Sinners) and by agreement (Lute mentions Lucifer demanded protection for Hellborn when agreeing to the extermination of Sinners). IMP would never have had to deal with the extermination in the first place, they're Hellborn and only recently started their business in season 1 so if Helluva Boss takes place between the pilot and the finale of Hazbin there wouldn't be any extermination to show anyway.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 1, 2024

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Last Call posted:

Based on the trailer the demon behind it is is an aquatic. You see the human changing and his hair turns like a fin.

See Glitz and Glam.

I know the human turns into a fish demon, but I think that particular shot of the hand isn't him, I think it's Chaz

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Pentagram City is in Pride and Sinners are only in Pride.

Hell looks like less of a shithole everywhere else because it doesn't have Sinners and Overlords making things worse.

No time difference needed.

Even with the context that IMP have an office in Pride, it's in Imp City, which given the name presumably has a much larger population of native demons than Pentagram City relative to the Sinner Population.

Basically Pentagram City is the worst place in Hell, because it is where all the Sinners and Overlords primarily live if not exclusively so.

All Hellborn Demons are protected from the Exterminations, both by location (not living near Sinners) and by agreement (Lute mentions Lucifer demanded protection for Hellborn when agreeing to the extermination of Sinners). IMP would never have had to deal with the extermination in the first place, they're Hellborn and only recently started their business in season 1 so if Helluva Boss takes place between the pilot and the finale of Hazbin there wouldn't be any extermination to show anyway.

It's obvious this is the case and people arguing sinners should be allowed into the other rings of hell don't seem to grasp that would be like letting an invasive species into an isolated ecosystem. It would be complete chaos.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Flopsy posted:

It's obvious this is the case and people arguing sinners should be allowed into the other rings of hell don't seem to grasp that would be like letting an invasive species into an isolated ecosystem. It would be complete chaos.
So the IMP office is in the pride ring but they all live in Imp City?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lammasu posted:

So the IMP office is in the pride ring but they all live in Imp City?

Pretty much. Hellborn are free to go or live wherever they want since they were there first. They're also mortal and die easily just like humans do. Sinners can only be killed by angelic weaponry and will regenerate back from everything else. Just imagine the kind of power imbalance that would ensue if overlords were allowed access to the rest of hell.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also I believe it was mentioned somewhere that anyone that dies in Hell becomes part of the landscape (hence why a lot of buildings have eyes and stuff on them), Pentious was the only exception so far.

I’m still kind of hoping Adam reincarnates as a Sinner though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Larryb posted:

Also I believe it was mentioned somewhere that anyone that dies in Hell becomes part of the landscape (hence why a lot of buildings have eyes and stuff on them), Pentious was the only exception so far.

I saw this thread that speculated the eyes might actually be related to this Roo character Viv apparently mentioned.

https://x.com/satorrotas/status/1778384664647852483?s=46&t=D43mFJSHH0rxuIO9HRRQrQ

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Flopsy posted:

I get the vibe that Hell is heavily influenced culturally by sinners anyway, especially since so much entertainment and technology is clearly patterned on human equivalents. Something similar probably applies to Heaven. We outright see that newly dead sinners can immediately get hired if they have useful and exceptional skills, like those two evil scientists.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

When demons die their energy gets absorbed by hell. It's why things got eyes for days.

No double hells.

Something's got to happen to them and that's it. In other words............hell is forever.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Last Call posted:

When demons die their energy gets absorbed by hell. It's why things got eyes for days.

No double hells.

Something's got to happen to them and that's it. In other words............hell is forever.

Did the same thing happen to (most) sinners killed by Angels?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

Did the same thing happen to (most) sinners killed by Angels?

Appears that way. Getting killed by angelic weapons is the only way a sinner can truly die. Otherwise they regene no matter how bad the damage.

Somethings got to happen to them, getting absorbed by hell itself solves that.

If there's more to it or not, that we have to wait and see.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

The question then happens what happened to all the Angels killed?

I know the popular theory is Adam et all are going to reincarnate as demons so he can get some comeuppance/learn not to be a douche, which would be good because it'd mean more Alex Brightman, but I wonder if they'd go a similar route and say angels killed become a part of heaven.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Flopsy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4yOtuqMplU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

The question then happens what happened to all the Angels killed?

I know the popular theory is Adam et all are going to reincarnate as demons so he can get some comeuppance/learn not to be a douche, which would be good because it'd mean more Alex Brightman, but I wonder if they'd go a similar route and say angels killed become a part of heaven.

That's a good question, unfortunately we don't have a real answer to that right now. Until the word of God happens or we see it in show, anything is possible. They might get absorbed by Hell as well, or they might go to Heaven to make new angels. Can Hell get a tummy ache by absorbing angels?

The fan base wants Adam to return as a demon and it's definitely such a great opportunity to do more with the character. If it happens I, can see it happening because it's his first official death. For all we know he never really died until now. He merely went to Heaven before at some point when they decided his time on Earth was good enough. First man and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

People want Adam to return because everyone loves the character and would like to see him ham it up but as a demon this time, with some kick rear end demon version of his angel outfit. There's been some great fan designs already. And if Adam comes back I definitely don't want him to learn to not be a douche. I want him to double down and be even more lovely.