Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

killer crane posted:

Lol, more trumps showed up to watch Joe make jokes than Donald in court

Holy poo poo that's a lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol Donny hate watching Colin Jost all night.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

People that won't vote Biden or will protest and vote Trump are maybe the dumbest marks alive next to RFK voting anti vax idiots and chuds. Like I assume these people have a stack of collectible Trump bucks and a tube of horse paste tucked away just in case.

Biden is not secretly Israel's true leader. Unless you're already a conspiratorial nutjob that thinks the US government and the CIA control the entire world, then all that is available is the usual levers of foreign policy. Israel makes their own decisions. Allies are not subordinates.

And Trump has said repeatedly he supports what Bibi is doing.

Dipshits should really stop going whole hog at gulping down the fascist right wing spin.

:lol:

HolidayDrunk
Dec 31, 2023

redshirt posted:

I honestly don't understand why what's going on in Israel/Palestine is a domestic issue, at all. Are the protests over 70 years of American support of Israel? Something that will not change regardless of Administration.

People were mad about politics for years and they weren't sure what to do to help, short of actually taking up arms - then suddenly, there's this horrible thing happening that the US is supporting. My theory is, resentment towards modern politics in general needed a flashpoint, and October 7th gave people a focus for it. We all should be horrified by what Netenyahu is up to, of course.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

It’s hard for me to imagine that young voters would sit out because they’re unhappy with Bidens decorum-slowed work while also knowing that they’d be giving up all the things the Biden administration has done for student voters. I mean the admin has worked on making student loans more affordable, has released title nine guidance that helps protect trans and gay students, and has, if nothing else, has shown itself to be a relatively stable and safe place for dissent.

Would most college students prefer, as someone else said, rubber bullets and tear gas from the national guard? I don’t think so, but then most voters do have the brains of goldfish…

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

HolidayDrunk posted:

People were mad about politics for years and they weren't sure what to do to help, short of actually taking up arms - then suddenly, there's this horrible thing happening that the US is supporting. My theory is, resentment towards modern politics in general needed a flashpoint, and October 7th gave people a focus for it. We all should be horrified by what Netenyahu is up to, of course.

Is the US supporting it? Or in fact doing everything possible to keep it contained/in check???

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

redshirt posted:

For 70 years, all of Israel's existence. Has nothing to do with Biden, whatsoever. And yet....

Well I can't remember Israel ever being this mask off genocidal in decades, so Biden not doing anything about it and just shipping more bombs to Israel daily means that he deserves to be called out on it.

redshirt posted:

Is the US supporting it? Or in fact doing everything possible to keep it contained/in check???

Yes, the second US withdraw their support, Israels current defence policy becomes impossible.

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
Its the age old problem. Someone serious about governing talks about the difficult compromises that must be made, getting people in the room to work through issues, all sorts of boring poo poo.

Someone who just wants to get elected says they will solve all the problems, it will be common sense and so easy, but they just can't tell you how until you elect them.

The second person is attractive to vote for because they actually say they will fix the issues you as a citizen are facing, while the first person will just explain to you why its proper that you pay 35% income tax while a billionaire pays 15% and there just isn't the political will to change that.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lilljonas posted:

Well I can't remember Israel ever being this mask off genocidal in decades, so Biden not doing anything about it and just shipping more bombs to Israel daily means that he deserves to be called out on it.

Yep, just a big bomb pipeline going right from America to Israel. Not as if Israel can arm itself, nope. It's all Big Daddy America's bombs.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

kazil posted:

lmao this CNN poll has Trump winning the women vote 46%-45%

There seems to be a correlation between people who approve of Biden and those who plan to vote for him. But that could of course just be a coincidence.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Biden is allowing and encouraging police and universities to brutalize protestors by putting out statements condemning them as dangerous and antisemitic.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Donald Trump

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
It's actually quite insane that since October 7th I have to see BREAKING NEWS updates every 20 minutes for 2 countries on the other side of the planet.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum is on a long list of VP contenders, but Trump’s rising interest in the North Dakota governor has been clear in recent weeks — and reveals his latest thinking about how he thinks his running mate could help him with undecided voters.

Trump and his wife, Melania, hosted Burgum and his wife, Kathryn, at Mar-a-Lago for Easter Brunch, two people familiar with the matter told Axios. In recent weeks, the sources said, Trump frequently has brought up Burgum’s name in discussions with allies.

Two sources familiar with the Trump’s thinking said he likes Burgum’s measured demeanor and his gubernatorial experience — and sees Burgum as reliable and low-drama. Those are similar to the traits Trump cited in 2016, when he tapped Mike Pence to be his running mate. At the time, Pence was Indiana’s governor.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

redshirt posted:

Yep, just a big bomb pipeline going right from America to Israel. Not as if Israel can arm itself, nope. It's all Big Daddy America's bombs.

Israel could not fart out the billions of dollars of military aid that US supplies yearly, domestically, no. Israel is an has for decades been reliant on US military materiel.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

kazil posted:

Donald Trump

No way lol wtf

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Trump just saw his name on a list and it looks like Burger

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Steadiman posted:

Yikes, this thread is probably gonna suck for the next few pages

The hell it is let's dial this back

HolidayDrunk
Dec 31, 2023

redshirt posted:

lilljonas posted:

Yes, the second US withdraw their support, Israels current defence policy becomes impossible.

I'll admit I'm not super up to speed on the topic. While I do think Biden is making an effort to contain the situation, I think he is still allowing US arms sales and such. Maybe those arms just a drop in the bucket, but I'd still say it isn't a good look. But this is the LOL thread, not the "help me suss out international politics thread," so I'll drop it. Maybe there's an SA thread on the topic that'll catch me up.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

kazil posted:

Trump just got drafted at fullback for the New York Jets

Breaking: Donald didn't pass the physical

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

John Wick of Dogs posted:

its so sad that this is barely a joke :(

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Did Trump poo poo talk the NFL draft at all?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mistle posted:

A lot of the excessive responses are at a local level, because NIMBY and pearl clutching. The bad news is because the excess response and the political spin as a result, and that's doomering you. Biden's not ignoring the issue, but it's every loving nuance applicable to make it difficult to navigate, and the appearance of inaction are fomenting peaceful protests.

Kent State won't happen again, there's too many eyes on assholes for poo poo to happen unseen.

Safer than responding to the elementary schools, and it's :homebrew: "hazardous" overtime pay :homebrew:

Are a lot of college administrators getting big donations from Israel?

Like it certainly seems there is a huge overreaction by a lot of these campus/ state governments if there is not more hidden incentive.

Is it just residual stupid Evangelical influence permeating our culture?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

redshirt posted:

Did Trump poo poo talk the NFL draft at all?

I believe his exact quote was “Brrrreaaappppppppppppphtphtphtsqueeeek”

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
How many puppies has he killed?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BURGUMENTUM!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TulliusCicero posted:

Like it certainly seems there is a huge overreaction by a lot of these campus/ state governments if there is not more hidden incentive.

Every college whose administration went to testify before Congress and say their students have the right of free speech, got fired in a witch hunt by right wing activists and the New York Times going after them within weeks. So now every college administrator when there is a protest calls the police in to crack skulls

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

I don't have answers, but Republicans like Elise Stefanik have been pulling in Ivy League presidents to testify in front of Congress and accusing them of allowing antisemitism to flourish on campus.

Got a few of them to resign too.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
that depends one how much dog meat is allowe in burgers.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Goddamnit I was just about to post this

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

greatBigJerk posted:

How many puppies has he killed?

That was my first thought. Potential Trump VP pick Doug Burgum? What kind of heinous poo poo this dude is involved in? I'd be surprised if any potential Trump VP picks don't have some super creepy poo poo to hide (or put in their written and published memoir). If not a puppy killer he's probably married to a literal Barbie doll or something.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Serious_Cyclone posted:

It’s not just kids. My elder-Millennial in-laws are hyping each other up to not vote this time because “Biden is the same as Trump so why bother”. These are extremely politically motivated lifetime Dem voters, not once-in-a-while voters. It’s bewildering the mental gymnastics they are going through to get where they want to go on this. The arguments are scatterbrained but orbit around I/P.

have your in-laws heard literally nothing about project 2025

if they really think that someone that's the focal point of that poo poo is exactly the same as the current guy then they're really loving clueless

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

I wonder if Tiktok is being flooded with divisive and inflammatory content the way Facebook and Twitter were for previous elections? Probably not.

I'm not pretending this poo poo isn't bad. I'm also not going to perpetuate the narrative that our administration isn't doing anything to help. And I'm going to fight like hell against the idea that protest voting is going to help anyone that's being victimized now.

Immersing yourself in the worst of the world's problems is only harming your ability to make the world better. You're going to accomplish more by volunteering an hour of your time at a local charity than you will in a lifetime of watching and liking videos.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Light can’t exist with darkness, joy can only be defined relative to sadness, and Trump lols need to be counterbalanced by a bit of doom. Otherwise, we’re just watching a fat, balding bronzed man slowly slur and fart his way off this mortal coil. I mean, it’s kind of funny, but the lols really kick in when you realize this caliber of person was elected president and might be the undoing of “the greatest nation on earth.”

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Tricky Ed posted:

I wonder if Tiktok is being flooded with divisive and inflammatory content the way Facebook and Twitter were for previous elections? Probably not.

I'm not pretending this poo poo isn't bad. I'm also not going to perpetuate the narrative that our administration isn't doing anything to help. And I'm going to fight like hell against the idea that protest voting is going to help anyone that's being victimized now.

Immersing yourself in the worst of the world's problems is only harming your ability to make the world better. You're going to accomplish more by volunteering an hour of your time at a local charity than you will in a lifetime of watching and liking videos.

If only this simple truth filtered out to terminally online weirdos who turned doomscrolling, purity testing, and disdain for anyone that didn't follow their exact viewpoints or worldviews into their whole lives :rolleyes:

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
I could go for a vice president Burger right about now honestly

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

zone posted:

If only this simple truth filtered out to terminally online weirdos who turned doomscrolling, purity testing, and disdain for anyone that didn't follow their exact viewpoints or worldviews into their whole lives :rolleyes:

The people you are infantilizing and looking down on are already doing the exact work you are saying they should be doing, far more then their critics. You sound like a gen X columnist talking about avocado toast

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Biden is allowing and encouraging police and universities to brutalize protestors by putting out statements condemning them as dangerous and antisemitic.

I don't believe any of that happened

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

zone posted:

hell even a 5 min venture out into the real world and going to your local (succ)Dems org or some other non regressive org does more good than several universe timelines of tiptapping at a phone screen.

since we're in counter doomering, sometimes I wonder if people's modern (social media poisoned)attention span thinks that real world problems are solvable in the same time span as a streamingservice binge session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Has anyone ever been at a large college protest before? Movements like this can never articulate their end goals and are NEVER happy. Biden shouldn't say one drat thing about them.

The fact that the left and this board are perpetuating the outage of the moment is embarrassing. The right is focusing on this on purpose. They want this kind of discussion. They have ZERO policy proposals and are resorting to dangling their keys in the next room to distract and peel apart the Democratic coalition. No one should be surprised that the media is playing along but this board and the youth vote should be smarter.

The Republicans have literally succeeded in framing the protests as against Biden and yet another culture war thing. Local overreaction by police should be a local outage, many people are allowing the right to make it an outage against Biden.