Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Mordiceius posted:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3:
UPDATE 2 AITAH for throwing out my SIL and her family.

Ok SIL was pretty gross for apparently making a mess on purpose just so the OP would have to clean it. But OP sounds a little unhinged talking about throwing away the bathroom trash bin because it touched a biohazard. And then stealing and selling multiple pieces of jewelry and a Switch to fund ... a replacement bathroom bin, that you can literally get at the dollar store?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

artsy fartsy posted:

Unless he wants to, which it sounds like he doesn't, so that's fine; but some people are acting like she committed a heinous crime. And you probably weren't any smarter or more experienced at that age.

Man you were a real poo poo at 22 if you could see someone who's been in the hospital for pain and still say "You are over-exaggerating."

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
LOL and LMAO

I (24M) am pretty sure my girlfriend (20F) Found out i cheated. How should i approach this?

quote:

Okay so my girlfriend(20F) and I (24M) have been dating for a year and we just recently moved in together. Its my apartment but when i found out i qualified for it I asked her to move in with me and she did. We built our home together and I love it but we argue over little things mainly about house chores, shes more of a clean person who cant stand the slightest bit of messiness while i really don’t care. One night we had the loudest argument because I didn’t clean the tub out, she continued to go on and on about how she was the only one who put in any effort for the house and she was right about that im always busy because im a student and a worker but i didnt want to admit it so i just left to wait for things to cool down but i wound up meeting a girl ill call Kay (22F) at this bar and we hooked up, i got her number and it became consistent, this was 2 months ago. Yesterday I came home to a literally empty house. Everything that my girlfriend had bought was gone, down to our little patio garden and bed. I wasn’t blocked though, Ive been calling her over and over just to get an explanation to no avail and I know shes okay because shes still posting on Instagram like nothings happened. Idk what to do and idk where she is, i talked to all our friends and none of them know, i tried her mom but she told me not to call her phone again and cursed at me she didnt even tell me WHY i was ghosted, i dont even wanna try her dad. I asked her best friend to give her a message for me but i got blocked. I dont even know how she would find out because there were no situations where i left my phone in the room with her, and there was no coldness literally the day before she left we were fine. I dont even have a bed to sleep on because she loving took it with no explanation, and she knows that i cannot afford to buy any of the things she took, i can barely afford all the bills without 2 incomes. I know i was wrong but shes even worse because who tf ghosts someone like this? leaving them without a bed to sleep on is insane. and then the nerve to actively post while I’m trying to reach her is driving me, like i said I KNOW im wrong if i never cheated she wouldnt have left and thats why im asking how can i logically approach this? I need to get in contact because i cant survive without her mentally AND physically i know it probably sounds like i hate her but i dont im just venting she really was my peace of mind despite the arguing and she provided so much for our home and i never acknowledged it until she left i suck for that and i really just need to talk this out so how should i talk to her? what do i do????
From r/OhNoConsequences, naturally.

I really like her continuing to post on Instagram as if nothing in her life has changed.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
I want closure from the person I cheated on. Also who is going to pay all these bills.

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe

Shanghaied posted:

Okay this has to be a joke:

WIBTAH For Throwing out my Boyfriend’s “Poop Spear''?

First poop knives, now a poop spear? How far will the poop arms race go?

AITA for hiding the codes so my boyfriend won't set off his tactical poop nuke?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

torgo posted:

AITA for hiding the codes so my boyfriend won't set off his tactical poop nuke?

They really do give you everything in Helldivers 2.

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

torgo posted:

First poop knives, now a poop spear? How far will the poop arms race go?

Global Thermopooplear War

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
The only way to win is not to poop.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FMguru posted:

LOL and LMAO

I (24M) am pretty sure my girlfriend (20F) Found out i cheated. How should i approach this?

I really like her continuing to post on Instagram as if nothing in her life has changed.

I like to imagine she doesn't even know about the cheating and he just left the tub that fuckin dirty

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Midnight Voyager posted:

Man you were a real poo poo at 22 if you could see someone who's been in the hospital for pain and still say "You are over-exaggerating."

I never did that tho?

Look we've moved onto poop implements, try to keep up

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Shanghaied posted:

Bubble, bubble,
Toilet trouble

JackSplater posted:

Bikini Assholl

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Title only:

A male friend came onto me and then insulted me when I rejected him. My boyfriend attempted to beat him up and peed on his belongings. Am I wrong to NOT be flattered by his reaction?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I told my girlfriend I needed to go to the hospital because I stabbed my balls with my poop spear but she thought I was joking

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

FMguru posted:

Title only:

A male friend came onto me and then insulted me when I rejected him. My boyfriend attempted to beat him up and peed on his belongings. Am I wrong to NOT be flattered by his reaction?

First it's "no bottles", now it's "not on strangers' belongings", I'm starting to feel overly controlled here

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Shanghaied posted:

the hunter approaches his unsuspecting prey stealthily, readying his poop spear to strike

big black turnout posted:

I told my girlfriend I needed to go to the hospital because I stabbed my balls with my poop spear but she thought I was joking

serves you right for playing trigger discipline tiktok games with your poop spear

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 28, 2024

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Shanghaied posted:

What actually IS that thing, and what is its original intended purpose? It looks like a conductor's baton, but I've never seen one of those made of brass and I can't think of a reason why it would be.

Onionetta
Aug 16, 2009

Scathach posted:

Like the kid isn't related to the OP, why the gently caress would she deal with all the drama to hang out with a baby?

Shanghaied posted:

Yep, gently caress Jane too. The OP, who otherwise has done no wrong, is spineless for not dumping Jane.

Hughlander posted:

Gotta repost this one...

I heard my sister and best friend "Jane" (31f) calling out to me

Also

Captain Hygiene posted:

Reddit stories involving apartment locks always weird me out with how open everyone leaves their places. I remember multiple unrelated stories involving people randomly entering someone's apartment, and the discussion goes "well have you tried locking the door?" "no, I don't want to do that"

People who boast about their neighbourhood being so safe they don't need to lock the door always weird me out. I don't care how safe you think it is, it's literally a twist of the wrist to take your house from "highly unlikely anyone will come in and steal my poo poo in the middle of the night" to "literally impossible for anyone to do that". No matter how safe you feel, why not just... make 100% sure that you are?

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
I would love to hear the son’s side of the story.

My son [19M] filed harrassment charges against me and my husband because we were making him go to college

quote:

Me and my son moved to US last year. I was a single mom for 16 yrs before I met and then married my husband. I saved up money so he can go to college. Where I came from, college is very important. We moved to a small town and my son found new friends. These friends in my opinion were not a good influence. I am used to polite and academically oriented kids back home. These new friends of his make fun of his books and his plans of going to college.

Before his HS graduation, me and my husband took him to several unis in the state so he could get a feel for which one he would like to go to. Then after he graduated from HS, I told him I have about $20k saved up for college. He said it is not going to fit because tuition is pretty expensive nowadays. I suggested he can just go to a community college 20 mins away and live at home to save money. He agreed and I gave him access to the fund (joint account).

Long story short, he did not enroll himself and instead started partying a lot and used the money on expensive dates with his gf. He moved out and stopped talking to me. I worked hard to save that up for more than a decade and I am upset that he wasted it in less than a year. Me and my husband went to his place and asked that he pay me back since it is specifically for college and not "fun money".

He called the police and filed harrassment charges. I told the police to review the cctv footage because the whole time I was talking to him through his ring cam, I was calm and reasonable and my husband was just standing behind me not saying anything. I was outside the door talking, he never even opened the door to talk to me face to face. The police said there's nothing he can do if my son and his gf felt "harrassed", he can file a restraining order if he wants to.

Back home, this is unforgivable to treat your parent like this. But here in US, I was treated almost like a criminal. My sister in law said it is my fault for confronting him and that the money is his to spend since I made him a joint account owner. Am I wrong?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

FMguru posted:

Living well is the best revenge.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

FMguru posted:

LOL and LMAO

She was my peace of mind (because she did all the cleaning and paid half the bills)! All I did was gently caress around on her for several months with no intention of stopping, how dare she ghost me??

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

I. M. Gei posted:

What actually IS that thing, and what is its original intended purpose? It looks like a conductor's baton, but I've never seen one of those made of brass and I can't think of a reason why it would be.

Looks like a pointer (like the thing a teacher would use), but with the tip missing. But yeah, the ones I've seen while teaching have all been aluminium or plastic coated steel. A brass one would be both heavy and expensive.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Shanghaied posted:

Looks like a pointer (like the thing a teacher would use), but with the tip missing. But yeah, the ones I've seen while teaching have all been aluminium or plastic coated steel. A brass one would be both heavy and expensive.
My guess is that it is a fireplace poker that is missing a tip.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
AITA for accepting money from my parents for my wedding then eloping.

quote:

My parents gave each of my brothers $50,000 when they graduated from university as a downpayment on their home. When I graduated they did not do the same for me. I asked about it and they said my husband should provide. I wasn't married. I still lived at home.

Three years later I met my husband. We dated for a year and then we got engaged. My parents were overjoyed. When we set a date they gave me a check for $50,000 to pay for the wedding. WTF?

I took the check and we eloped. We then used the check for a downpayment on a house. My husband had a similar amount saved up so we are in a good spot with equity.

My parents are furious that they didn't get a big wedding for all their friends and family to attend.

They said that they gave me the money for a wedding. My argument is that I got married and had leftover money. Accurate in my books.

My brothers are on their side so I am here to ask if I'm in the wrong.
LOL, LMAO.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Shanghaied posted:

Umbilical Pilonidal Sinus
(:nms: WARNING for gross medical and surgical photos :nms:)

Before I forget, I just want to say thank you THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting this!

I dealt with that poo poo for probably 10 or 11 years, from seventh grade until well into college, and I never knew what it was or what it was called. It has been bugging me so much for so long not knowing the name of it, looking on google and wikipedia and turning up nothing. Even the doctor who treated me didn't tell me what it was; he just did a culture swab in my navel and gave me a prescription for some medicated cream.

Now I finally know what the gently caress it is that was wrong with me after all these years! Thank you!

EDIT: lol no wonder I never figured out what it was called. Apparently it's extremely rare!

quote:

The disease generally occurs in the sacrococcygeal region but has also been reported in other locations in which an anatomical cleft facilitates an accumulation of hair, including the axilla, between the breasts, the perineum, and the penile shaft, or in spaces between the fingers (in particular, in the case of barbers). A negative pressure is created during body movements at the above-mentioned sites, leading to penetration of the hair shafts into the skin with a resultant foreign body reaction and development of a sinus lined by granulation tissue. An umbilical pilonidal sinus is the rarest variant accounting for only up to 0.6% of cases. (4) The first case of an umbilical pilonidal sinus was reported in 1956 by Patey and Williams, (3) and since then, only a few hundred cases have been reported in medical literature.

Yaaaaay, I'm special! :buddy:

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 28, 2024

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

DreamingofRoses posted:

I would love to hear the son’s side of the story.

My son [19M] filed harrassment charges against me and my husband because we were making him go to college

Why would you give him access to the $20k as a lump sum? He was supposed to live at home, so just send the money to the community college each semester for tuition?

I. M. Gei posted:

Before I forget, I just want to say thank you THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting this!

I dealt with that poo poo for probably 10 or 11 years, from seventh grade until well into college, and I never knew what it was or what it was called. It has been bugging me so much for so long not knowing the name of it, looking on google and wikipedia and turning up nothing. Even the doctor who treated me didn't tell me what it was; he just did a culture swab in my navel and gave me a prescription for some medicated cream.

Now I finally know what the gently caress it is that was wrong with me after all these years! Thank you!

Glad to be of service! :tipshat:

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

FMguru posted:

I dont even have a bed to sleep on because she loving took it with no explanation, and she knows that i cannot afford to buy any of the things she took, i can barely afford all the bills without 2 incomes. I know i was wrong but shes even worse because who tf ghosts someone like this?

I really like the GF's response here. None of the weird stuff in other stories where someone does something bad and tries to get their partner to break up with them or brings in a group chat to hold relationship court, she just takes her poo poo, leaves, and moves on with her life.

And the 'no explanation' is hilarious - he knows exactly what the explanation is, he doesn't actually need her to tell him that he just isn't as smart at covering his tracks as he thinks he is.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Reddit stories involving apartment locks always weird me out with how open everyone leaves their places. I remember multiple unrelated stories involving people randomly entering someone's apartment, and the discussion goes "well have you tried locking the door?" "no, I don't want to do that"

I also don't understand deliberately not locking doors to a house, car, or especially apartments. It's just such an easy way to stop something bad from happening, including mistakes like 'drunk person goes down the wrong identical hall in an apartment building', and is just a basic part of life.

FMguru posted:

AITA for accepting money from my parents for my wedding then eloping.
My brothers are on their side so I am here to ask if I'm in the wrong.

My favorite part in this is that the brothers also think the parents are being assholes, with the way these usually go I expected to hear that her brothers were blowing up her phone complaining about her being disrespectful.

Pantaloon Pontiff fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 28, 2024

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Shanghaied posted:

Wouldn't a brass pointer also scratch or damage most chalkboards and whiteboards if you tap them with it?

poo poo, a conductor's baton costs less than $5 and does the exact same thing without damaging your board. And if you need people to see it better you can spraypaint it neon safety orange or something.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

My favorite part in this is that the brothers also think the parents are being assholes, with the way these usually go I expected to hear that her brothers were blowing up her phone complaining about her being disrespectful.
no, it's "their side" not "my side"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Mama's boy receives a rude awakening

My pregnant wife is mad and won’t speak to me.

quote:

I need some advice. My wife’s family owns a nice cabin in a mountain area. 2 hrs. From our city. This past summer my wife has allowed my family to come to the cabin with her a couple of times. My mom loves the area. My family always has a good time.

3 days ago my wife told me she wanted to go to the cabin for a romantic get away. While talking to my mom I did tell her we would be gone this weekend. My mom wanted to have my family come making it one more trip before my brother leaves to collage. My mom called our family before I got a chance to talk to my wife.

When I told my wife. She didn’t even let me finish. She cut me off and said no. She planned a Romantic getaway. Then said she needed a break from my mom.

I told my wife that we can do have a romantic get away anytime. She stopped me again and said no.

This afternoon when we arrived to the cabin. My family was waiting for us. I have never seen my wife so mad. When I tried to explain again We would do our get away another time. My wife got out of the car and started to walk down the driveway.

She called her brother who lives 30 mins away. To come pick her up.

My wife just kept walking down the road. I tried and tried to get her to get back into our car. She just kept walking. I asked her for the keys so my family can at least go into the cabin. Nothing she just kept walking.

Soon my brother in-law showed up. I could tell he was angry. My wife got into the car and told him to leave. Without talking to me.

My family angry eventually left and went back to our city. When I went to my brother in laws. He was waiting for me. He handed me a ultrasound photo and said my wife needed time to think about “all” of her options. That my wife is staying with other family members but wouldn’t tell me who. He finished by saying my mom is interfering in our relationship too much and my wife wanted a man not a boy. Then he asked me to leave his home.

All of this over I didn’t tell my mom no. I feel like my wife should have told me that she was pregnant and given me a chance by re-doing our romantic get away.

I have tried calling my wife she hasn’t answered any ideas how to work through this. I love my wife and I am excited about the baby. I want the baby.
Don't you understand? My mom wants to use your family's cabin this weekend! We can do whatever silly, stupid wife things you want to do some other time.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

I really like the GF's response here. None of the weird stuff in other stories where someone does something bad and tries to get their partner to break up with them or brings in a group chat to hold relationship court, she just takes her poo poo, leaves, and moves on with her life.
We call this The Spirit Of Pete.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for letting my husband’s family name die out by insisting our daughter takes mine?

quote:

So I (F31) have been with my husband (M30) for 10 years, married for 3. I kept my last name when we got married, and he has no plans to change his. We have a baby girl due in August, but we’ve recently run into a problem with his parents about the naming of our child.

Now my husband’s family name is quite unfortunate. I won’t say what it is for privacy reasons, but it’s a very slightly different spelling of a sexual word. You also should know it’s a sexual word that mostly be used for or relate to a female rather than a male. Because of this, we agreed together that our children will take my family name to prevent bullying in school and throughout their youth. I felt even stronger about this when I found out we were having a girl – growing up a girl is a pretty rough experience anyway, and myself and so many of my friends experienced harassment and sexual comments from young men growing up even without an unfortunate surname. It sucks but it’s reality, and I want to minimise my daughter’s experience of this as much as possible.

We have recently broken this news to my husband’s parents and they are very upset about it. For context, he is their only child and they had to try for over 10 years to have him. They are a small family and his parents only have sisters who took their husbands’ names. This means that my husband is the only chance to carry on their family name and they’re upset that we’re taking that chance away and effectively ending the family name. Although it was a mutual decision between my husband and I, they are particularly upset with me because I have three younger brothers who could have kids and carry on my family name, and yet I “feel the need” to “take” theirs away.

We’ve tried explaining the reasons but they think I’m being overdramatic. They were insulted that I could compare their last name to a dirty word and they say my husband “never had any issues” when he was young. It’s true he didn’t experience that much harassment in school (aside from occasional mild bullying) but he is a male and like I said the word relates a lot more to a female, and also girls are so much more likely to be sexually harassed by boys than vice versa.

I know that teenage boys can be cruel, so I just want to give my daughter and any future kids the best chance at minimising harassment. AITA?

But won’t you think of the long and proud history of the Cocksucka name?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hughlander posted:

AITA for letting my husband’s family name die out by insisting our daughter takes mine?

But won’t you think of the long and proud history of the Cocksucka name?
From the description I'm guessing the last name is Kunt or something like that

I think the obsession with preserving the family name is pretty dumb

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

mystes posted:

no, it's "their side" not "my side"

I even went back to read it but somehow misread it twice, I guess it follows the usual pattern then.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

mystes posted:

From the description I'm guessing the last name is Kunt or something like that

Depussay

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FMguru posted:

Don't you understand? My mom wants to use your family's cabin this weekend! We can do whatever silly, stupid wife things you want to do some other time.

hahaha his wife calls his mom Marie from Everybody Loves Raymond apparently. Yeah that's not a compliment, buddy!

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
A last name so terrible that babies are choosing to not be conceived in order to avoid getting burdened with it.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

JackSplater posted:

I say we take off and poop the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Finally found a partner for all the men who don't wipe their asses!!

I (M37) can often smell my girlfriend's (F35) butt during sex in doggy. It's been raised, but the situation remains the same. What am I to make of this?

quote:

My girlfriend and I have been together for over a decade, but this has always been a problem. If we have sex and I'm behind her, then I can smell her rear end. It basically smells like she's been to the toilet at some point and hasn't cleaned herself very well. There's nothing to see, it's just the smell. But it's unmissable and present without my face being anywhere near there. It's rare that this isn't the case. When it happens it takes me completely out of the moment. It actively upsets me to be honest, but I play it down generally. Because I love her, I don't want to upset her, and I do want a sexual connection with her.

That much said, the matter has been raised. On some of these occasions she's noticed something's up, or I've simply managed to sensitively raise it. Her response has always been good - a little embarrassment (naturally) but acceptance and willingness to go and clean herself to some degree there and then. But in the long term the issue just doesn't change. It's like she doesn't gather that, even though this has come up multiple times, there's a trend here.

She doesn't have generally bad personal hygiene. Other parts of her body don't smell and she's not generally stinky or anything. However, she's not a daily shower person and I'm sure that has at least something to do with the issue. She showers every 2/3 days. I can only imagine that she's not cleaning herself well in between. I shower daily and I'm quite conscious of my own personal hygiene.

At this stage I'm really just unsure what to either make of it or what to do about it. We've both had numerous previous partners, presumably none of her prior sexual partners have ever raised it? Is this my problem? I've never experienced this with any other women, but is it actually quite normal? If not, then how do I even approach this now, at this stage? When we first got together I expressed some discomfort at her "only" showering every few days, and that didn't go down well. I have no idea how to speak to her about how she needs to do better job of cleaning her butt as part of her everyday hygiene routine.

Top comment:

quote:

If someone told me ONE time my rear end stank … it would absolutely never happen again

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

FMguru posted:

"All of this over I didn’t tell my mom no. I feel like my wife should have told me that she was pregnant and given me a chance by re-doing our romantic get away."

Dude I think the romantic get-away had a fairly important, time sensitive purpose!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
promising "we can do [important thing] anytime" always screams "i have no notion or intention of actually following through with my promise" to me