Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Happy Landfill posted:

I sneezed and threw my neck out

On two separate occasions

I hosed my neck up for a good six months by turning to look at something. Not like it was a sudden movement either, just turned my head towards whatever it was.

ledge has a new favorite as of 03:12 on Apr 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Sometimes my left calf likes to cramp up for no reason while I'm laying down.
Then after it calms down it still hurts for a couple of days.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I threw my arms up in a dream and pulled a muscle in my shoulder in real life :shepface: which sucked because it was an otherwise pretty good dream too, from what I remember of it.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Hippocrass posted:

I was getting this for a while and my doctor suggested a multivitamin and that cleared the issue up for me. You probably have either a potassium or magnesium deficiency.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Pinched 2 nerves in my bag moving a garbage bag that wasn't even heavy 2 feet to the left. Had to go to physical therapy for that and my back still isn't the same.

Getting old sucks.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Pinched 2 nerves in my bag

:ohdear:

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Jesus Murphy goons are truly old, what a parade of misery happening itt

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lmao. Remember when we used to post about pooping.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Now, you're gonna get people posting about how they hurt themselves pooping.

I, myself, will live forever and poop without issue.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

Then out of shame, now out of pride. I don't mean to toot my own horn but I got a 3 on like three different days last week :smuggo:

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
PYF Schadenfreude: what a parade of misery happening itt

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

lol @ all the middle aged goons.

Pulled mine while getting out of the car on the way to pick up something heavy.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
pulled mine reading this thread

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sally posted:

pulled mine reading this thread

Keep your kinks to yourself

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Scratch Monkey posted:

I no joke once hurt my back bending down to spit out toothpaste while brushing my teeth

Bending? You're playing with fire buddy.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Hippocrass posted:

That wakes me up every so often and it's the worst. One time, both my calfs cramped at the same time, and I thought that was going to be my life forever from then on

Edit: my roommate once hosed up his back real good by picking up a rather light tote full of Warhammer terrain

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm traveling through Central Europe at the moment and two days into my trip through the Swiss alps someone posted something about a person on my mobile service returning from a Swiss vacation to find a $100k phone bill due to internation roaming data charges. 5GB of data for that absurd amount.

And obviously that stuck with me since I picked this provider for their international service. I had been using thr low speed service which was goos enough for navigation and posting photos but that was $10 per MB so even small things would add up fast. I tried to check the plan and data usage but their website didn't have helpful information that I could easily find. I also got a different international roaming notification when I crossed into Austria and Germany than I did when I entered Switzerland and that one specified how much data I could use and what the fees for calls was.

Well, I got notified of my bill through yesterday this morning and it was bumped up by $3.25 for some calls I had to take for work. I really worked myself up into a panic over this, too...

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Shageletic posted:

I sharted blood for 12 hours after hemorrhoid surgery

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Dillbag posted:

I sharted blood for 12 hours after hemorrhoid surgery

I guess that's technically better than sharting blood for 12 hours before hemorrhoid surgery?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

8one6 posted:

I was getting this for a while and my doctor suggested a multivitamin and that cleared the issue up for me. You probably have either a potassium or magnesium deficiency.
Seconding this. I'm on a medication that lowers potassium and if I don't occasionally take a potassium pill I get horrible cramps. I only need it about once a week or so.

This thread is turning into a middle age support group.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Hippocrass posted:

eat something besides french fries and potato chips

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Potatoes are a good source of potassium.

:eng101:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I threw my arms up in a dream and pulled a muscle in my shoulder in real life :shepface: which sucked because it was an otherwise pretty good dream too, from what I remember of it.

I once fell asleep on my arm and when I rolled over I punched myself in the face with my dead arm as it flopped over.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

the aches and pains go away and you stop throwing your back out when you start to exercise with deadlifts or squats once or so a week. even your bones appreciate the loads

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Bottom Liner posted:

eat something besides french fries and potato chips

no

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

KoRMaK posted:

appreciate the loads

God bless

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Platystemon posted:

Potatoes are a good source of potassium.

:eng101:

NOT IF YOU FRY IT ALL OUT drat IT! :bahgawd:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

madmatt112 posted:

Jesus Murphy goons are truly old, what a parade of misery happening itt

People are all like "once you turn 30, your body is a broken husk and life is pain" but actually I don't think you can blame age for that. Try improving your health and fitness maybe? I dunno. All I can tell you is that I'm 39 next month and I don't injure myself doing everyday activities. I can also stay up past midnight and drink a bottle of wine and still feel fine the next day.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Something very bad happened to my little toe a couple of months ago and it still hasn't recovered. After an intensive post-incident analysis our team believes the root cause was I *checks notes* slept on it funny.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Tiggum posted:

People are all like "once you turn 30, your body is a broken husk and life is pain" but actually I don't think you can blame age for that. Try improving your health and fitness maybe? I dunno. All I can tell you is that I'm 39 next month and I don't injure myself doing everyday activities. I can also stay up past midnight and drink a bottle of wine and still feel fine the next day.

liar

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, my health and body have actually been doing better since I turned 30 because I started taking more care of it than I did when I was an idiot teenager who thought pizza for all of the day's meals was a varied and healthy diet that would certainly never catch up to me, and got a job that keeps me active and on my feet about eight hours a day.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

I pretty much agree, use it or lose it as you get older.

Although the other day I coughed at the wrong time while on my rowing machine and strained my ribs, hurts to cough rn.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

EoinCannon posted:

I pretty much agree, use it or lose it as you get older.

Although the other day I coughed at the wrong time while on my rowing machine and strained my ribs, hurts to cough rn.

and it's never too late to improve.

we got my 75 year old father to start exercising again as a new year's resolution and the improvement in his quality of life in just 4 months is obvious.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah, I'm 52 and I swim and cycle and take long walks and I feel fine.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I'm nearly 40. I once hurt my neck/shoulder by having the temerity to wake up in the morning.

(Actually, the physio said it was likely because I took sleeping tablets that night. Apparently they relax your muscles too, but your body naturally adjusts overnight to shift the weight around and deal with bits becoming uncomfortable, and the tablets prevented that).

Also, not old man related, but I'm currently recovering from my first ever covid infection. Had a fever of 38.6°C that I was trying to just ride out, which apparently made me feel dogshit in other ways. Took some paracetamol for the fever and felt muuuuuch better. I'm sure it'd all be a lot worse if I wasn't vaccinated, too. Still, frustrating to be cooped up while I ride it out.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Bringing it together, a friend of mine was in the process of sitting down to take a poo poo when his hamstring tore so badly it needed surgery to reattach it properly. He fell down the side of the toilet screaming, his flatmate had to call the ambulance, he poo poo himself from the pain. Huge drama.

It's something that comes back into my head every time I go to the toilet after legs day.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Man, this thread has me stressing about the Something Awful forums experience in twenty years time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Pyf colonoscopy