Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

She did not. She got the binary thing while hanging out with the X-Men after Rogue stole her powers, and left the team after they agreed to take Rogue in, cause she felt she was losing herself.

Wait, previous to her space stuff and Binary, Carol only had super strength/durability/ flight and not the energy absorption/beams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Is Storm's theme an invention of this version of the show? Because it's amazing. Both in the first episode but especially so when she got her powers back. That's like something that should carry over to future films.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Soonmot posted:

Wait, previous to her space stuff and Binary, Carol only had super strength/durability/ flight and not the energy absorption/beams?

Yeah.

She gained her new powerset after the Brood modified her still remaining hybrid DNA which resulted in her gaining the power of a Star.

She came with the X-Men initially but refused to accept Rogue seven issues after this, and went off to have space adventures.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 29, 2024

gregday
May 23, 2003

Gonz posted:

Tina Guo is amazing; she’s the electric cellist in Hans Zimmer’s orchestra and her career has blown up since her work on Man of Steel and Wonder Woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZJBBE4TeYk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DecsH9oJeU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp3A2zGKIo8

She was also in Bear McCreary’s BSG orchestra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9w04bORgHc

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah.

She gained her new powerset after the Brood modified her still remaining hybrid DNA which resulted in her gaining the power of a Star.

She came with the X-Men initially but refused to accept Rogue seven issues after this, and went off to have space adventures.

She also punched Rogue into Orbit. They've made up since then. She was able to convince Rogue that the Phoenix Five weren't good guys. Also Logan and Carol are bffs.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah.

wow, I did not know that, I thought Carol always had her current suite of powers and that Binary was just an amped up version of those. I never stopped to think that, if that were true, then Rogue should also have energy absorption/blasts. Thank you!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Similar to that, was Emma Frosts diamond form also something they added in the 90s or did she always have it, and her just awakening it is a X-Men ‘97 invention

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

GateOfD posted:

Similar to that, was Emma Frosts diamond form also something they added in the 90s or did she always have it, and her just awakening it is a X-Men ‘97 invention

Nope she got those when Genosha was destroyed in the comics as well.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

GateOfD posted:

The diamond lady exists in the X-men movies, which are not technically MCU but it's A Thing.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

GateOfD posted:

IIRC all started with Grant Morrison's New X-Men run in 2001, she was found in the rubble of Genosha similarly to how it was done in X-Men '97

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's the start of Secondary Mutations

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Rappaport posted:

The diamond lady exists in the X-men movies, which are not technically MCU but it's A Thing.

Yea asked about that cause her in the movies just always had it

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

X-O posted:

Nope she got those when Genosha was destroyed in the comics as well.

The same issue where Negasonic Teenage Warhead made her one-page appearance.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Rappaport posted:

They are sort of "back door" canonized by Deadpool

If you see what I mean

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

GateOfD posted:

never watched the X-Men: Dark Phoenix or Apocalypse movies, maybe I should get on it just to complete the viewing circuit

Apocalypse had its fun moments. Dark Phoenix, on the other hand, might be worse than X3. Sophie Turner just isn't very convincing, the tone just makes the whole thing a slog, and it stinks of panicked reshoots contributing everything feeling disjointed and empty.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/status/1784679154098507906?t=KCCilpb-nhKBl8imn1uKiA&s=19

Gonna check these out today

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Rubber Chicken posted:

They are sort of "back door" canonized by Deadpool

If you see what I mean

Oh, I see what you mean, friend. But I wonder how much of the lore the MCU would want to be saddled with from those films? They sort of made Magneto and Mystique into major historical figures in addition to being super heroes, and my vague memories of all the actual MCU films seemed to suggest the worlds start to diverge from our real world only around modern-ish times when Tony started flying about and Bruce turned into the Green guy, etc.

Of course the joke in She-hulk was that since everything in the MCU has turned the dial up to 11, it's all normalized now and people go to court with Asgardians for fraud, so they could play it either way at this point.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I can't remember, did Rogue ever get decarolfied in the main continuity? What's her current powerset?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

I can't remember, did Rogue ever get decarolfied in the main continuity? What's her current powerset?

Nah, still got the flying brick stuff. She did have better control of her base power where she could turn it on or off and even not need contact to do it, but not sure if that's still the case?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Just watched Loki season 1. Pretty good series, although I liked the initial 'fake premise' more than the very obvious plot beat of the TVA being evil. I'm honestly kindof confused by it even being presented as a twist in the final episode - wasn't Miss Minute's explanation in the second episode (that the TVA pre-emptively wipes out other timelines because they think multiversal war is inevitable otherwise) basically the same as He Who Remains' explanation? The only difference is that instead of the TVA being run by three large space guys it was run by one regular-sized Earth guy.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

But the hottest X-Man appears to be staying dead!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Just watched Loki season 1. Pretty good series, although I liked the initial 'fake premise' more than the very obvious plot beat of the TVA being evil. I'm honestly kindof confused by it even being presented as a twist in the final episode - wasn't Miss Minute's explanation in the second episode (that the TVA pre-emptively wipes out other timelines because they think multiversal war is inevitable otherwise) basically the same as He Who Remains' explanation? The only difference is that instead of the TVA being run by three large space guys it was run by one regular-sized Earth guy.

The TVA existing has a lot of cosmic implications, so that's explored a little bit with the contrast of the initial Miss Minutes explanation and what He Who Remains tells them at the end of the season. But of course it's also a journey for Loki himself, he gets to bond with Owen Wilson. Highly recommend season 2, it ends perfectly.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

thrawn527 posted:

But the hottest X-Man appears to be staying dead!

What are you talking about, Nightcrawler is alive and well.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

A 'Final Trailer' just went up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp1Pax-QHlA

It's pretty light on actual detail regarding the final 3 eps, but there are a few shots scattered throughout.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
What did you expect, black leather :aaa:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Adrianics posted:

Oh bra-loving-vo for that line.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it

Adrianics posted:

so cheeky. super hype for this 3 part finale. looks like we'll get some wolverine action slicing up zombie sentinel robot people.

not sure why cyclops threw his getup to cable though??

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Xavier wasn't gone THAT long, why is his hoverchair absolutely covered in grime

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

It got dirty when Madelyne Pryor briefly sent it to hell and nobody bothered to clean it up.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

FlamingLiberal posted:

Most dust is human skin and pet dander. I blame the guy with rapidly regenerating cells and Beast.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

Nah, still got the flying brick stuff. She did have better control of her base power where she could turn it on or off and even not need contact to do it, but not sure if that's still the case?

I thought she lost it at some point, as during Uncanny Avengers, some thing was being attacked by Grim Reaper, and Rogue goes to Wonderman and says "I'm sorry Simon, i need your power" and kills Grim Reaper in one hit, and she's "Oh no, I had no idea how strong you were" to Wonderman. I think that was the same month that in Superior Spider-man, Spider-Otto literally knocked Scorpions jaw off, and went "holy poo poo, Parker is really strong, he's been pulling his punches his entire life, he could of killed any of us any time he wanted. Jesus christ he was a good person".

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Zoobtro posted:

not sure why cyclops threw his getup to cable though??

Maybe this?

https://marvelvscapcom.fandom.com/wiki/Cable

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My favortite one of those is Peter no-selling a one-two combo to the face from the Punisher

Spidey's got quite a few of those "holy poo poo this guy is amazing and way holding back" moments now that I think about it. "Amazing....Spectacular"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

KPC_Mammon posted:

Most dust is human skin and pet dander. I blame the guy with rapidly regenerating cells and Beast.

God, I never considered the dust situation in Wolverine's room.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Each skin cell trying to regenerate an entire Wolverine...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Adrianics posted:

:vince:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Bastion's VA is so good, holy poo poo. What an unsettling motherfucker.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

zoux posted:

My favortite one of those is Peter no-selling a one-two combo to the face from the Punisher

Spidey's got quite a few of those "holy poo poo this guy is amazing and way holding back" moments now that I think about it. "Amazing....Spectacular"

Reminds me of his first fight with Tombstone before Tombstone got powers. After Tombstone beats him down in an initial ambush.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i think Spider-man did that with Blade too, took a free punch to the face to gauge Blade's power, laughed it off and threw him thru a wall or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

zoux posted:

I'm a fan of this one, myself: