Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I'm betting on Micucci

Husband can just claim Kate Micucci is part of his family in that case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Mx. posted:

Ugh, loving redditors

That's the og Pete poster as well

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I also have a last name that has a sex organ word but was also the last name of someone who signed the constitution so it works out. Although sometimes I can't put my real name in video games because it'll get caught by the prohibited words censor.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Thomas JeffPERSE hahhahhaa.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Actually it's George Washyourass. That's why it's so controversial.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I also have a last name that has a sex organ word but was also the last name of someone who signed the constitution so it works out. Although sometimes I can't put my real name in video games because it'll get caught by the prohibited words censor.

Hancock is a pretty cool name, wear it proudly

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Cock is such a punchy word.

Hello, I am Ted Cockburn, OBE.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

All the cock names are better than dick names

Like Dickinson. Man, that's hosed.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

drat what the gently caress

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
John Pussygalore.

It was a beautiful Bohemian name, butchered by some immigration officer at Ellis Island.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Brawnfire posted:

Are you saying Cockinson is better?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Cock is such a punchy word.

Hello, I am Ted Cockburn, OBE.

Its funny when people insist that that one is pronounced "Coburn". No dude, there's a CK in there.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I always thought Sexsmith was a great last name

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Farg posted:

That's the og Pete poster as well

I think that reveal happened toward the end of the last thread but it was a hard pill to swallow :negative:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
AITA for not paying hospital bills after my friend tripped over my dog?

quote:

Yesterday my friends and I were hanging out in the park: me + my dog, my friend Cathy + her dog, and another friend Jenny.

Jenny was walking Cathy’s dog, and they were walking ahead of us. Cathy was walking a bit behind me and my dog. Cathy decided that she wanted to catch up with Jenny, so she started running from behind me.

As Cathy ran past me and my dog, she fell and tripped. We thought it was a minor injury but it turns out she dislocated her shoulder and needs surgery. Cathy says that while she was running past us, my dog suddenly ran toward her and she tripped over my dog. Honestly I didn’t see clearly how exactly she tripped. I couldn’t tell if my dog actually ran into her or if she tripped over my dog on her own. My dog didn’t make a sound and didn’t seem bothered. Jenny also said she couldn’t tell.

Cathy wants me to pay her hospital bills because she says it’s my dog’s fault that she tripped. But I feel like it’s unfair of her to ask this. If my dog had bit her or attacked her, obviously that’d be a different story and I would 100% pay all the medical bills. But in this instance, Jenny and I are both unsure of whether my dog ran into Cathy, whether Cathy tripped over my dog, or whether Cathy tripped by herself near my dog. Cathy started running from behind me so I didn’t have a clear view of what happened.

The money isn’t a big deal, but out of principle, I don’t want to pay the bills because I feel like this isn’t my fault. AITA?[
Well this could go either way b

quote:

EDIT: Btw my dog is a corgi, so pretty small. Not big enough to knock anyone over, but you could definitely trip if he ran into you while you were running.
lmao nevermind

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
AITA for not wanting my fiance to have his dead dogs ashes in his wedding band

quote:

Ok so some context here, I (32F) will be marrying a really great guy (32M) very soon. When discussing what kind of wedding band he would want he said he would like one that includes ashes of his dead dog. I am very put off by this request but don’t really know how to respond or if I’m just being awful for not wanting this.

This dog died last year at the age of 16. My fiance and I have been together for 3 years, so he had this dog long before we were together. When he died my fiance was inconsolable for quite a while. I comforted him through this and tried to be as empathetic as I could be. However, I was not allowed to have pets as a child and so, while I do love my dog I have now, I have never lost a pet and couldn’t directly sympathize with his grief.

Now when it comes to the wedding band I know he loved his dog, but I really wanted his wedding band to be a symbol of our love. Not the love he had/has for his dog. He also says things like what he loves most in the world is this dog. He’s said even more than he loves me. I’m all for loving your pet and animals, but this feels a bit over the top and obsessive. Also, a bit creepy. But maybe I just don’t understand because I don’t have experience with the death of a pet. I even tried suggesting we get the ashes in something else that he has every day like a necklace or a keychain and save the wedding band as something between us. He said “ok” to that suggestion but had a sad tone and drawn facial expression. It killed me to see him disappointed so I just gave in and ordered the ring with the ashes in it. It recently arrived and I hate it. It creeps me out every time I look at it. To me it doesn’t symbolize our love or marriage at all. It’s about his dog. AITA for feeling this way? What should I do?

Surprising number of poster are like "who says love for a pet isn't real love!!???" or "why do people think humans are more important than animals???!!!" :rolleyes: Like no one's saying it you weirdos, but it would still be weird to put meemaw's (a human) ashes in the wedding ring.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shanghaied posted:

Surprising number of poster are like "who says love for a pet isn't real love!!???" or "why do people think humans are more important than animals???!!!" :rolleyes: Like no one's saying it you weirdos, but it would still be weird to put meemaw's (a human) ashes in the wedding ring.
yeah. you think that love for pets is just as significant as love for humans? great, then imagine it's OP's fiance's deceased spouse's ashes

But OP hosed up by going ahead and buying it despite reservations. The original plan to get him some other jewelry with the ashes was a good compromise.

mystes fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 29, 2024

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
What kind of loser gets their rear end kicked by a Corgi?!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I love my dog so much that I will carry what's left of his corpse with me at all times, and not only that I will carry it in the symbol of our marriage. This is normal.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I can never judge ones like that because I'm just weirded out by the concept of memorializing ashes in general. I know it's not uncommon even for people, I just can't understand it. And for pets, I still miss my cat who's been gone over 15 years, but the thought of carrying her ashes around with me is just ick.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lmao if you dont infuse the bones of your loved ones into your weapons so that when the day comes and your vengeance is at hand you know you strike with the blessings of all those who came before.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

What kind of loser gets their rear end kicked by a Corgi?!

I can't imagine tripping over a dog that I am actively on a walk with and then blaming the dog owner for a perfectly predictable situation

mystes
May 31, 2006

Harold Fjord posted:

I can't imagine tripping over a dog that I am actively on a walk with and then blaming the dog owner for a perfectly predictable situation
Maybe if they weren't together and the person who tripped was in front of the dog and the dog somehow tripped them as a result of being off leash and out of control or something, but yeah definitely not in this situation

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Shanghaied posted:

flipping through my dungeon masters' handbook to look up what kind of cursed ring is powered by a dead dog

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Kurieg posted:

AITA for not paying hospital bills after my friend tripped over my dog?

Well this could go either way b

lmao nevermind

op your friend is trying to scam you. she had that dislocated shoulder already and had to psyche herself up to drop onto it to scam you thats why she was hanging back with you

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I always thought Sexsmith was a great last name

In a similar vein, Sexstone.

The dude was a 6'4" muscular military zaddy too. I bet he could slam like a jackhammer.

Shanghaied posted:

Man being a jeweler must be a wild ride. Hi, I'd like three soul gems infused with my dead ferrets, please. Also, could you make this cock ring with my parents' cremains?

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 29, 2024

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Last year I hired an intern whose last name was Fock. I thought it was kind of a cool name. She liked her own name too.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

I think that reveal happened toward the end of the last thread but it was a hard pill to swallow :negative:

WHAT

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

snergle posted:

op your friend is trying to scam you. she had that dislocated shoulder already and had to psyche herself up to drop onto it to scam you thats why she was hanging back with you

This is an insane thing to believe

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Obviously she thought of this scam and dislocated her own shoulder while lying on the ground

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
She never had a shoulder to begin with and the doctor is in on it

mystes
May 31, 2006

snergle posted:

This but the dog was actually in on it and they're planning on splitting the money

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Hmm, ok, the original objection raised by the redditor was that there was a serial fake poster who used different throwaway accounts to post a very templated kind of story, with a few common telltales.
The Pete story is not one of those....

it's instead from a named redditor who posts stories as all different ages and genders...
https://www.reddit.com/user/filo4000/submitted/
i don't know how to tell if that's not a copy-paste of an actual story, given the plausible MO there.

Anyways, some people last thread said it was important to honor the spirit of Pete even if the religion is founded on falsehoods.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Shanghaied posted:

If the guy wants to infuse his dog’s ashes into something more power to him, but a wedding band is not a good place for it. Weird to make a symbol of his marriage a totem to his childhood dog? What are you going to do with the ring if you get divorced?

Actually lmao at the idea of him still wearing the dog ring post-divorce like a widower.

Also in sexual name chat: I must bring up one of Portland, OR’s founders Captain Couch. Pronounced cooch.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for calling my bf back to cuddle?

quote:

I had a flight to catch today at 8am (spoiler, I missed it).

Last night we got everything ready for the morning and decided to set our alarms.

It takes roughly an hour to get to the airport, and I wanted to be there 1.5h before the flight there (no checked in luggage so it usually only takes me ~30/40 min) so we decided to wake up at 5am to leave at 5.30am.

Now, we both knew and agreed tho this.

Morning comes, the alarms ring, and we wake up. My bf gets up very quickly and goes out of the room without saying anything. I hear him go to the study to continue setting up a laptop.he started doing last night before we went to sleep. Now, normally we wake up, cuddle, then get ready and leave. So I call to him "hey, don't you want to cuddle?" He shouts back yes and comes to bed. We snuggle, all is good. 5.22, I'm slowly starting to get ready (took a shower the night before so I wouldn't have to in the morning) so I just needed to get dressed in my pre-planned outfit, takes me only around 2 minutes Again, 5.22 he asks me again, what time do we want to leave? And I respond, 5.30, like we said.

He goes to take a shower. I'm.thinking oh this will be close, I remind him what the time is at 5.28 and 5.30, starting to stress out a bit. He keeps saying yes I'm.comkng out, gets out at 5.32 and then gets ready. We got in the car around 5.40, so 10 minutes after we agreed.

Now, 10 minutes is not a lot and usually would be okay, it's the fact that on our way there was a crash and we were stuck in traffic for forever, not sure exactly how long. I get to the airport with 26 minutes till my flight takes off, run through the airport to get to my gate and be told it just closed, less than 5 minutes before I got there. Its 7.51am.

Now, his point of view is that even if he didn't get ready late we mightve still been stuck in the traffic even longer. That's true, but I think we would've been at the front of it so I'd still have the extra 10.minutes.

Another thing is, he's upset im blaming him for driving late. He says, that he did get up at 5 but I called him back to bed to cuddle. I said to him that that's true, but he knows the time we want to leave by so if he wanted to take a shower (which I didn't know about) it's up to him to get up and cut the cuddling short if he knows he needs more time getting ready. I don't think it's my fault just because I asked if he wanted to cuddle, I feel like if I knew I still needed to shower I'd cuddle for a bit and get up in time to shower and get ready by the time we agreed on, however he doesn't see it that way.

I know this whole situation would've been completely irrelevant if not for the traffic jam, but the 10 extra minutes would've been the make or break in this situation for me.

Maybe im just stubborn and can't see that it is partially my fault for us leaving late, like he says. I just think it's not up to me to make sure he gets up and ready on time.

AITA for calling my bf back to bed to cuddle?

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

kimbo305 posted:

The Pete story is not one of those....

it's instead from a named redditor who posts stories as all different ages and genders...
https://www.reddit.com/user/filo4000/submitted/
i don't know how to tell if that's not a copy-paste of an actual story, given the plausible MO there.

Anyways, some people last thread said it was important to honor the spirit of Pete even if the religion is founded on falsehoods.

I'm confused, that guys clearly just reposting stories on his own barely visited subreddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BOrelationships/
At no point is he claiming to be the original Pete.

mystes
May 31, 2006

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for calling my bf back to cuddle?
YTA for OP blaming the boyfriend for leaving 10 minutes late partly due to the cuddle when the actual problem is that the drive took an hour longer than usual

If OP's boyfriend tends to be slightly late even when OP doesn't demand cuddles then leave 30 minutes earlier next time, use an airport taxi service, or just chalk this up to bad luck

mystes fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 29, 2024

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Maybe you didnt need to cuddle(is this code for loving?) for 20 minutes in such an important morning

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Re: surnames. Yesterday was Ed Balls Day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Lmao @ "slowly starting to get ready" at 5:22 when you have to leave at 5:30.