Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

now there's basically a full-scale faculty walkout today.

Awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

"I came to see what you guys were protesting"

"stfu narc"

Yeah, that's right

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Just on my way from one leftist cafe to another one, I happened to walk into all this commotion and wanted to see what it was about. Never mind that its been all internet has talked about for the past few days. What do you mean you suspect my intentions are dishonest :qq:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ATTENTION BAJORAN STUDENT WORKERS

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wow! the students are even better organised than i thought!

spechtie has issued a correction as of 16:29 on Apr 29, 2024

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

tired antifa super soldier
wired iranian hamas super soldier

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Netanyahu growing more isolated and angry, my close sources say

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/mairaka/status/1784963808479322448

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat even UChicago has fallen?? The IMF is toast

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Hoping the protesters stay strong. But I feel like they will.

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

I was going to ask how columbia can weather this as an institution, but it's really more of a hedge fund than anything at this point so I don't think they care

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

VoicesCanBe posted:

Hoping the protesters stay strong. But I feel like they will.

This is where additional alliances come in handy so that not everyone at the protests are students.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pink Mist posted:

I didn't attend. I went home after exams, relaxed with my family, and got the diploma in the mail a week later, which seems like a better experience than waiting 4 hours for everyone else's name to be called. Seriously do not understand what ~tradition~ needs to be protected.

I went to mine. Went with a couple of friends of mine and we drank beer and smoked a bowl in our caps and gowns before walking down the big hill on campus and through the football field. I can't remember who spoke at the ceremony though. Met up with a couple of friends and we figured which parties we were gonna go to. It was p fun

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

In Training posted:

drat even UChicago has fallen?? The IMF is toast

lol, chicago gets its dept of economics tarnishing all the rest of the courses

depends on how many econ students have joined, which given the track record of the beast, might be zero

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

spechtie posted:

lmao

cmon at least make the lies slightly believable

I give it 24 hours before Biden repeats this lol

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

“We are engaged in constructive discussions! For some reason we couldn’t reach common ground!” I shout over the sound of the police I called in beating my students and between breathes of me screaming how they’re all anti-semites

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

:laffo: the Dems are 100% gonna sign on to some bipartisan bill with republicans that make’ll it a law that any student who protest Israel legally need to be expelled and all universities, to be accredited, need to make applying students sign a loyalty pledge to Israel or something psychotic because they’re getting angrier and angrier about saying they’re all anti-Semitic isn’t working

Dr. VooDoo has issued a correction as of 17:03 on Apr 29, 2024

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

spacemang_spliff posted:

I went to mine. Went with a couple of friends of mine and we drank beer and smoked a bowl in our caps and gowns before walking down the big hill on campus and through the football field. I can't remember who spoke at the ceremony though. Met up with a couple of friends and we figured which parties we were gonna go to. It was p fun

it was important to my family and friends to attend my graduation so they did. i graduated in radio city music hall and chuck schumer paid a surprise visit and talked for an hour straight, much to the chagrin of the college president

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

spechtie posted:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Al! posted:

it was important to my family and friends to attend my graduation so they did. i graduated in radio city music hall and chuck schumer paid a surprise visit and talked for an hour straight, much to the chagrin of the college president

My big speaker was the guy who started Vitamin Water :lol: it was outside, humid, and there was a constant drizzle. It sucked

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

there is literally nothing that american universities can provide that is substantially different than any other university around the world anymore, the only thing that was romanticized about american universities (the freedom of thought) is dead and buried.
the kent state and jackson state shootings happened in 1970

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_State_killings

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

I went to mine as family wanted to go and so did my girlfriend it was alright did hang out with friends the actual event itself was a 4 hour bore fest but the afterwards wasent

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

spechtie posted:

oh jeez how did the cia let this happen

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Not from the US, but:

https://twitter.com/AkimotoThn/status/1784818664551940197?t=COcKrudZYQtgrd0pZoug3A&s=19

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

hell yesssss the 1960 helmeted students are back baby

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
https://x.com/pslnational/status/1784949294572707863?s=46

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

dead gay comedy forums posted:

lol, chicago gets its dept of economics tarnishing all the rest of the courses

depends on how many econ students have joined, which given the track record of the beast, might be zero

Lol I do wonder what the based students are actually students of. Something (reality) tells me not a lot of MBA types in these groups. Maybe some NGO consultantcy hopeful freaks who haven't been fully libbed up yet

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/brianmmunoz/status/1784389104827871638

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

hmmm I wonder why this egyptian college president hates palestine so much

Oooooooohhh she's a gusaaannoooo

yup. very gross person.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

So much this!!!

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

The originator of that post was a joke post that people keep repeating

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

spechtie posted:

E: whoops nvm

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Are local DSA groups participating in the college protests, does anyone know?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/NationalSJP/status/1784966602590405068

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Animal-Mother posted:

I work with college kids. Can confirm, the kids are alright.

Yeah, I work at Cal Poly Humboldt, and I couldn't be prouder of our students, especially the Juggernaut

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

Are local DSA groups participating in the college protests, does anyone know?

Pretty likely if they have a YDSA chapter on the campus

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someone dropped their backpack full of mice
https://twitter.com/SabihaKhan/status/1784893915793097140

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again
We had Bill Cosby giving it my freshman year, and in 05 HRC with Paul Voekler in tow for mine. Amazing times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

PSU kids have (symbolically) barricaded themselves in the library, its a (theoretical) step in the right direction