Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

So glad the caps didnt manage to draw out round 1 much longer. Was done watching those bozos play their poo poo hockey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I thought I could reverse curse the series by betting on the Rangers in Game 4, but I just made money instead.

Cartoon Man posted:

TJ Oshie lingered on the ice and waved at the crowd for a bit before as the last skater off after the loss. Taking it all in, probably a sign hes going to retire hopefully. He was playing with a broken hand.

We'll always have that time he crushed bud lights through his shirt during the parade. Oh and the 2014 olympics.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'd believe that, they might have at least pretended to care

Is this a bit? The team that poo poo themselves down the stretch against Buffalo, Chicago, Columbus, Montreal would have cared more?

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 29, 2024

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oshie is a game changer at times, even this year, but his health has gone to poo poo these past two seasons. Its time. Think he knows it too.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Carver posted:

NHL Youtube really trying to pop off

Delulu

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Leafs' playoff woes have been elevated to a pathological problem.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Carver posted:

NHL Youtube really trying to pop off

Annnnnnnnnnnnddddd whyshouldIcare?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

I need the Beavis and Butthead laugh over this.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Oh, did something happen between them once?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIRE IN ME

Cartoon Man posted:

Oshie is a game changer at times, even this year, but his health has gone to poo poo these past two seasons. Its time. Think he knows it too.

Hes hes still shockingly good considering his age and injury history buthes always had a bad injury history as I recall and it doesnt get easier as you get older

wtf was with Wilson going after Fox after the Trochek goal, did the caps think Fox faked getting hurt to draw a penalty or something?

Typical Wilson going after someone whos not going to punch him in the face in return

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Levitate posted:

Hes hes still shockingly good considering his age and injury history buthes always had a bad injury history as I recall and it doesnt get easier as you get older

wtf was with Wilson going after Fox after the Trochek goal, did the caps think Fox faked getting hurt to draw a penalty or something?

Typical Wilson going after someone whos not going to punch him in the face in return

I think he skated into Lingren and clipped his leg a bit going over to celebrate and Wilson saw it. Or it could just be Tom Wilson brain worms

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://x.com/johnnyr1111/status/1784752707963613606

Lmao at Maloney here.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

https://twitter.com/jonassiegel/status/1784964179461365769?t=sCkuZMvGxophg3s_ZLzC6Q&s=19

Ok

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://x.com/PR_NHL/status/1784961143024288035

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://x.com/jonassiegel/status/1784960540185378896

https://x.com/renlavoietva/status/1784960643478495242

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

This will solve everything.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIRE IN ME

drat look at those ears

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Once the Oilers figure out how to give up fewer than four goals a night its over for you bitches

The prophecy has been written

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

Bolstering national faith

Overwhelming millions every day

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Taking Lilly out for Broadie was a stupid move at the time, called a stupid move by the entire fan base, and done away with after one game.

Another Sheldon Masterclass

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Maybe the Leaf's problem is they're playing Lybushkin on the top pair? That guy sucked rear end before Rempe lobotomized him with his elbow.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
That Caps/Rangers series immediately ended any discussions of expanding the playoff format that they throw out every GM meeting, appreciate the Caps for sending the message

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

This is going to make a great Adam Sandler - Kevin James romcom.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

So every time he's throwing or on the receiving end of a hit, he's making GBS threads himself... that's how my brain interprets that last sentence.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Two of them will get to see the second round, and 1 will even get to play in it.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Winning the first three games of a playoff series with three different goaltenders has only been done twice in NHL history.

And it was the Canucks both times. The first time was in 2004 against the Flames

What a weird loving season this is.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

1D Ilya Lyubushkin seems less than ideal

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Misanthrope posted:

So every time he's throwing or on the receiving end of a hit, he's making GBS threads himself... that's how my brain interprets that last sentence.

If that was disqualifying then it'd mean the whole team getting held out

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Edmonton and Vancouver winning and Winnipeg losing is basically the worst case ontario here. I don't care about the leafs one way or another.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

DildenAnders posted:

Maybe the Leaf's problem is they're playing Lybushkin on the top pair? That guy sucked rear end before Rempe lobotomized him with his elbow.

Lyubushkin, weirdly, has crushed his 5v5 minutes in xG. His two assists are also as much as the rest of the D corps combined. Obviously a lot of that is off the back of who's on the ice with him and there's some noise, but relative to how the rest of the group has been he's not some boat anchor dragging down results.

Arabian Jesus posted:

Taking Lilly out for Broadie was a stupid move at the time, called a stupid move by the entire fan base, and done away with after one game.

Another Sheldon Masterclass

The issue was very much that Brodie didn't benefit from his time off at all and was back to his sucky self. The way people talk about Liljegren and how important his puck moving is you'd think he had, you know, a single assist or a lot of positive on-ice impacts instead of being part of their worst pair by a large margin. Brodie got annihilated in G4 and he still ended up with a better xG% than Liljegren managed over 3 games where the team played better.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

mennoknight posted:

the worst case ontario

:hmmyes:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

mennoknight posted:

Edmonton and Vancouver winning and Winnipeg losing is basically the worst case ontario here. I don't care about the leafs one way or another.

come on bro flames n nucks are barely enemies anymore

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

mennoknight posted:

the worst case ontario

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Pete DeBoer has revealed that Mason Marchment and Radek Faksa both skated today and are "game time decisions"

Great.. the guys who have both been non-presences in the first two games of the series might come back for game 4, replacing skaters that actually looked good in the one game the Stars ran over the Golden Knights.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

heehee posted:

come on bro flames n nucks are barely enemies anymore

a corpse has no enemies

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I still think Winnipeg can pull something out their rear end.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

I still think Winnipeg can pull something out their rear end.

Can they eat whatever Austin Matthews did? Should increase the chances.

Id expect them to pull off one more win maybe. Its going to be easier at home with a good crowd, but I dont know they have a way to slow down the Avs scoring right now. Theyll need to figure out how to outscore the issues.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
:busts into thread kramer style:

Guys GUYS

https://twitter.com/SeattleKraken/status/1785011340781777310?t=Z16BMjclAgDUBlxdC1FiVw&s=19

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Bylsma time

mennoknight posted:

Oh just you wait.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

That's literally half the league making a coaching change since the end of last season. Hakstol (SEA), Woodcroft (EDM), Evason (MIN), Berube (STL), Smith (OTT), Lambert (NYI), McLellan (LA), Ruff (NJ), Granato (BUF), and Quinn (SJ) all got fired in season or shortly after. Cronin (ANA), Carberry (WSH), Laviolette (NYR), Huska (CGY), Vincent (CBJ), Brunette (NSH) are all new coaches who did not coach for their teams in 2022-23. So sixteen teams.

And all 10 of those fired guys are probably just going to trade jobs with each other, like Ruff going back to Buffalo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Eep.. :lol:

https://twitter.com/avsstats/status/1784706864405713321