Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Trying posted:

guessing as to the content of the twitter thing as I do not have twitter

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1784643078302888178

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m kind of curious at least how much the Knuckles series will be acknowledged in Sonic 3 (I’m assuming Knuckles will be living with Wade now and we might possibly see the former GUN agents pop up again).

Wade’s mom was cool though so I wouldn’t mind seeing her come back at least (maybe Christopher Lloyd as Pachacamac too if you can find some way to work him in)

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Larryb posted:

I’m kind of curious at least how much the Knuckles series will be acknowledged in Sonic 3 (I’m assuming Knuckles will be living with Wade now and we might possibly see the former GUN agents pop up again).

Wade’s mom was cool though so I wouldn’t mind seeing her come back at least (maybe Christopher Lloyd as Pachacamac too if you can find some way to work him in)

Former GUN agents: Didn’t they get stuck between two rings going to the same place that collided and exploded? Or, whatever was going on there?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Former GUN agents: Didn’t they get stuck between two rings going to the same place that collided and exploded? Or, whatever was going on there?

I thought they got bounced between rings a bit before finally both getting sucked into one of them (the rings only exploded afterwards) but I could be wrong

I’ll also give this show credit for introducing me to the song The Warrior by Scandal (which is awesome and has kind of been stuck in my head for a bit)

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/ht_kaito/status/1785174513019183169?t=ZKPTtUjs1UldvF_BSO-Ung&s=19

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tried out Robotnik's Ring Racers. It's pretty fun but could probably use a few updates to smooth things out. The AI rubberbanding feels way too aggressive, traps can be very hard to see and getting hit by items is stupidly punishing sometimes. I've had moments where my character just went flying backwards through half the stage because of a bumper trap, instantly losing any chance of winning the race.

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 1, 2024

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'll openly admit to using the passwords for everything that the Grand Prix and Emeralds unlock because I knew if I tried to do anything even remotely in the wheel house of vs-SRB2K for unlocks in a game I'd be down a Steamdeck pretty quickly.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 2, 2024

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
The Knuckles show was powerfully dumb. In a fun way. I did enjoy watching it but holy cow. I'm glad I was drinking.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Augus posted:

Tried out Robotnik's Ring Racers. It's pretty fun but could probably use a few updates to smooth things out. The AI rubberbanding feels way too aggressive, traps can be very hard to see and getting hit by items is stupidly punishing sometimes. I've had moments where my character just went flying backwards through half the stage because of a bumper trap, instantly losing any chance of winning the race.

Yeah, I've been having a pretty rocky (but fun!) time with it myself, but I'm really appreciating the love that went into it on every level.

On that note, though, they dropped version 2.2 last night, which promises a good deal of adjustments for balance, from easing on rubberbanding in general to adjusting the drop target knockback formula.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

drat that's a huge patch that nerfs a ton of stuff I already completed lol. But I don't want anyone to have to go through getting the SPB cup super emerald in that cup's previous state

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

AweStriker posted:

Yeah, I've been having a pretty rocky (but fun!) time with it myself, but I'm really appreciating the love that went into it on every level.

On that note, though, they dropped version 2.2 last night, which promises a good deal of adjustments for balance, from easing on rubberbanding in general to adjusting the drop target knockback formula.

Yoooo thanks for this I literally just closed 2.1 after yet another attempt at the S.P.B. cup.

It sucks how the combination of the unlock system in general and the placement of the "Get an Emerald on the S.P.B. cup" challenge on my board means I've probably played the most on the tracks I like the least. Glad to see it addressed, I don't know how anyone thought Balloon Park was okay on release.

--edit:
Huh. In addition to kinda sorta fixing the S.P.B. Cup, they also added a new unlock condition for all the cups you need Emeralds for to just unlock them after a certain number of Bronze or higher finishes. Got the Flash cup as soon as I started the game back up, went for the Emerald in S.P.B. again just because and it first try. Almost ran out of lives because I didn't hit the new trick inputs until the Emerald stage, but still.

Also did Flash Cup and I gotta say, man, they should probably swap that and S.P.B., it is so much easier.

Also lemme just say that I love the music in this game, especially the Sealed Star theme.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 7, 2024

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Another way to play Mania on the go:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1787891368658092479?t=w-SDMnP93cBM04AYMkhsLg&s=19

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Netflix has games?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
This runs really well on my Galaxy but oh my God the touch screen controls are a really really bad fit for the blue sphere levels.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

This runs really well on my Galaxy but oh my God the touch screen controls are a really really bad fit for the blue sphere levels.

I personally hate touch screen controls, can't see what you're doing with your thumbs in the way and they're inaccurate

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wonder if anyone's been working on a Sonic Mania demake for Genesis.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New mobile racing game announced (though I think the trailer already got leaked a little while ago):

https://twitter.com/Sonic_Rumble/status/1788237642330443926

Looks interesting enough and I enjoyed Dream Team for the most part, still waiting for them to give us more info on the Generations remake though

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 8, 2024

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I almost don't see what the point would be. It already plays/feels so close to the genesis games it just seems like it'd be an exercise in technical flexing to see if all the same level gimmicks could be achieved, but it seems like it'd just be a lot of downgrading of visuals and such.

I feel like a demake of a 3D game might make for a lot more interesting of a demake, but maybe that's just like a selfish desire for "new" levels.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Gotta love those mobile frame rates

Dream Team ran better, which I guess is the Apple money at work (also, ya know, not having to render 30+ separate interpolations I guess)

DavidCameronsPig
Jun 23, 2023

Detective No. 27 posted:

We have a demake of 2/3rds of Mania already. It’s the Genesis games.

Now, a Game Gear demake, that’d be interesting.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Try out sonic triple trouble 16bit.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Kazvall posted:

Try out sonic triple trouble 16bit.

acetcx
Jul 21, 2011
They added some new symphony tour dates:

https://www.sonicsymphonytour.com/

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We still don’t have an exact release date for the game yet as far as I can tell (or any new information for that matter) but much like the last few titles they’ll be making an animated short to promote the upcoming Generations remake:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1790411753286688804

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I’m so glad they finally realized Shadow is the coolest

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Can't believe I'm going to buy Generations for a third time.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Can't believe I'm going to buy Generations for a third time.

Was one of those the vastly inferior 3DS port that also gave classic Sonic a homing attack?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Can't believe I'm going to buy Generations for the first time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Generations was good(ish) and I’m hoping the remake irons out some of the jankier parts like the entire final battle.

The Shadow portion is an entirely new story written by Ian Flynn (meaning there will be a massive disconnect in regards to the writing quality of the two parts) and features the return of Black Doom for some reason (I’m hoping they can get Sean Schemmel back to voice him)

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Twerk from Home posted:

Was one of those the vastly inferior 3DS port that also gave classic Sonic a homing attack?

Fourth time then, lol.

I got it on PS3 then later PC originally.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Can't believe I'm going to buy Generations for a fourth time.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Twerk from Home posted:

that's not a port, it has different levels

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/_austo/status/1790385326961402236?s=46&t=uiUehxbkNdNcN0PmfZ4Vaw

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Larryb posted:

Generations was good(ish) and I’m hoping the remake irons out some of the jankier parts like the entire final battle.

The Shadow portion is an entirely new story written by Ian Flynn (meaning there will be a massive disconnect in regards to the writing quality of the two parts) and features the return of Black Doom for some reason (I’m hoping they can get Scout Young from real time fandub to voice him)

Anybody can do that dumb Shockmaster voice. Scout Young's performance is special

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

flavor.flv posted:

Anybody can do that dumb Shockmaster voice. Scout Young's performance is special

The Shockmaster you say?

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

sonic 06 deserves a remake

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yaoi Gagarin posted:

sonic 06 deserves a remake

I don’t think you can even get the game digitally anywhere anymore. But yeah, something akin to an official version of Project 06 could unironically be decent

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Yaoi Gagarin posted:

Shadow the Hedgehog deserves a remake

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

Larryb posted:

I don’t think you can even get the game digitally anywhere anymore. But yeah, something akin to an official version of Project 06 could unironically be decent
It's back on the Xbox 360 Marketplace for some reason (it reappeared at the same time Origins got listed, IIRC), but I don't think it's on the backwards compatibility list for any of the newer Xboxes, unfortunately.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-ca/Product/SONIC-THE-HEDGEHOG/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802534507d6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently in the announcement of the upcoming short promoting the Generations remake it was also revealed that Maria will have a role and will now be played by Stephanie Sheh (Zeena from Lost World)