Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Srice posted:

Even more depressing that this is his first movie in 6 years.

He did Underground Railroad in the interim, which was fairly considerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

What's more perverted? The Knuckles show or Harvey Weinstein?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
tried to watch the knuckles show because of all the excellent cast and i liked the little hilltop zone he had set up at the beginning, but the dialogue was way too lovely within the first 10 minutes to endure

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I watched New Tale of Zatoichi and smokey and the bandit this weekend. Both are excellent movies.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

whats the TTSTH (time to "so THAT happened") in the knuckles show

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
BTW smokey and the bandit 2 is very bad and I'm not going to watch smokey 3.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I watched New Tale of Zatoichi and smokey and the bandit this weekend. Both are excellent movies.

is that the beat takeshi version of zatoichi? love the musical number at the end

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/thedailybeast/status/1784999992676999399

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

:qq:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
oh for sure man

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
he's been saying this poo poo for 20 years now, who cares

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
jerry is just mad teenage girls won't date him anymore

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
go ahead jerry... do something funny

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

go ahead jerry... do something funny

i watched his netflix special that came out like last year and it was pretty dire

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Old comedian has lost touch with the cultural moment and no longer knows how to cross the line without completely blowing past it

Many such cases

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Michael richards did something funny

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Julia Louis-Dreyfus topped her own Seinfeld work with Veep and other things. It is quite curious why Jerry cannot do this. Hmm????

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Michael richards did something funny

he had a rough set, one time

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jason alexander carried seinfeld on his shoulders

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

say the word, Jerry

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

Julia Louis-Dreyfus topped her own Seinfeld work with Veep and other things. It is quite curious why Jerry cannot do this. Hmm????

Yeah, she and Jason Alexander have had fantastic diverse careers post-Seinfeld (as has Michael Richards in a way)

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

It’s weird when I watched it on tv during the initial run I basically thought Jerry was the straight man surrounded by a bunch of clowns. Rewatching a couple years ago and it’s clear he’s the least likable of the bunch

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jerry was always the least funny one even in his own show

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
hell, kramer got even funnier after the laugh factory incident because now he's not only kramer he's the n word guy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

thats weird because i seem to remember it was Jerry who said that kramer screaming the n word wasnt funny

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKM4JHnKMO8

lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i remember a lot of commercials on NBC for Bee Movie like long before it actually came out, with spots where Jerry would be wearing a Bee costume and it seemed like it was a movie about making a lovely "B-Movie"?? idk if that was just an advertising thing that confused me as a kid or what but I always assumed Bee Movie was one of those things that sat in production hell for a decade before someone was finally like gently caress it let's just make an animated movie for as cheap as possible and move on from this loving project.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Al! posted:

thats weird because i seem to remember it was Jerry who said that kramer screaming the n word wasnt funny

remembering when kramer was on a talk show apologizing for the n word but the audience started laughing and jerry got mad and said it wasnt funny... it was funny jerry

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
kramer from seinfeld started screaming the n word at a bunch of hecklers during a meltdown and you think that wasnt funny? ...sounds like a skill issue jerry

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

remembering when kramer was on a talk show apologizing for the n word but the audience started laughing and jerry got mad and said it wasnt funny... it was funny jerry

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

By a mile. Not even close. George and Elaine ftw. Kramer could be a bit much a lot of the time but when he worked it was great

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

early on it's pretty clear that the joke was that jerry isn't funny and sucks at standup but they get away from that after the first couple of seasons

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my dad's biggest claim to fame is heckling jerry about the teenager and jerry answering something like "you cant control who you love" lol

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

He did Underground Railroad in the interim, which was fairly considerable.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Mostly think of him as a movie guy so that slipped my mind.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

proud of my dad in this one partocular instance

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Al! posted:

my dad's biggest claim to fame is heckling jerry about the teenager and jerry answering something like "you cant control who you love" lol

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Al! posted:

Lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Al! posted:

Lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
hearing about jeffrey complaining no one makes jokes that offend people anymore so i start making jokes about jerry's underaged child bride and he gets angry and tells me "not like that!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Your Honor,

Al! posted:

"you cant control who you love"