Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

Can't wait for the insanely fail political commentary in GTA 6. It's going to be so bad and I'm going to love every minute of it

there will be a character you do missions for who wears the qanon shaman outfit, i don't know if that was in the trailer but i will guarantee it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

did you just say vice city was the least fun gta because if so gtfo

It was by miles and idc if that offends your nostalgia

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Bethesda buys an in-development immersive sim set in modern-day Youngstown Ohio and slaps the Fallout name on it without changing anything.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

there will be a character you do missions for who wears the qanon shaman outfit, i don't know if that was in the trailer but i will guarantee it

Yep. It'll rule

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

HashtagGirlboss posted:

shut the gently caress up you stupid bitch

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

HashtagGirlboss posted:

no evidence offered. case dismissed with extreme prejudice

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

The next Fallout game should take place in Arizona and it should be navigating the collapse of the Legion after Caesar's death.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Son of Sorrow posted:

shut the gently caress up you stupid bitch

You can hate me for my message, but you can’t change the truth

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

docbeard posted:

Bethesda buys an in-development immersive sim set in modern-day Youngstown Ohio and slaps the Fallout name on it without changing anything.

City renamed to Oldstown after the bombs, very clever

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

it's not

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Also Bethesda should make the Mexican Fallouts canon

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gta started getting bad when they wanted to tell serious crime stories. they should have stuck to cartoonish action movies for inspiration

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the immigrant struggle, as portrayed by two british retards

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Son of Sorrow posted:

Also Bethesda should make the Mexican Fallouts canon

Sonora and Dayglow? Yes absolutely, the Russian freak made some of the best Fallout stuff out there

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Fallout Chungking and its nice

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

gta started getting bad when they wanted to tell serious crime stories. they should have stuck to cartoonish action movies for inspiration

Yeah I agree with this but not the sheer pleasure of driving around loving around where the LA ones are the funnest and then the NYC and then Miami by a mile, I make absolutely no argument about the missions/plot, just the sandbox

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

Saints Row II took up the mantle the same year GTA IV let it fall

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

fallout is about making fun of the psychopathy of america. so los angeles or nyc make the most sense for that but la is basically just a series of strip malls around a big famous gutter as seen in terminator 2: judgement day.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

GTA and Fallout share the same root problem of taking themselves too seriously for what is primarily a satire of popculture.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
have Rockstar give Bethesda the Red Dead Redemption 2 map and then have them make a fallout game with that

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Thinking from a sheer terrain sandbox perspective I bet Seattle or San Diego or Denver would rock but culturally at least Seattle and Denver would be boring as gently caress and SD is too niche pop culture wise

I bet you could have fun with San Antonio or El Paso but same issue as SD or Seattle or Denver with being second tier cities in the pop cultural imagination

Idk the more i think about about it I’ll just play whatever they end up making g Miami or not so I guess the jokes on me

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

have Rockstar give Bethesda the Red Dead Redemption 2 map and then have them make a fallout game with that

Rushing the Gusano quest line for heaps of caps.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
they should license the terrain tech from microsoft flight simulator and then release a Fallout where the map is actually the whole dang earth

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Son of Sorrow posted:

Rushing the Gusano quest line for heaps of caps.

completely forgot about this section of the game til rn lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Chicago would be co. Take another crack at the industrial wasteland they tried with The Pitt. Whatever it is I will play it on Gamepass or steal it once it comes out in 2037

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Lpzie posted:

another day another ZERO EVIDENCE of a video game where two named important characters have the same name. miss me with that goomba poo poo.

Tatsuya Suou and Tatsuya Sudou in Persona 2.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al! posted:

yep, they should all be like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYkXEsLMNEY&t=134s

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Fallout Canada would be cool to see the aftermath of American Occupation.

Les Grands Cannes would be the Québécois version of the Great Khans.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the milk machine posted:

they should license the terrain tech from microsoft flight simulator and then release a Fallout where the map is actually the whole dang earth

i always thought it would be neat if they made an uplink style movie hacking game that took place on a google earth map

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

there's a part in lethal weapon where a house blows up and afterwards danny glover is brushing off mel gibson's back so he says "hey, get off me! what're you, a fag?"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ojetor posted:

i would say like 95% of my time with ff14 the most i've needed to chat is "hello" and "gg" at the start and end of a roulette, which you could just macro

that game's playerbase has an almost disturbing terminator-like efficiency for demolishing any and all content in perfect silence

The problem is that my first few runs with controller might be prone to gently caress-ups that I want to apologize for, especially if I'm playing healer/tank.

drat...wonder if they make these for current controllers

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

that's right

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the performance is great once you go through all the steps, the load screens take like 2-3 seconds now

big lol at the anti stuttering mod that every guide tells you to install was the one causing the crashes

yeah the loading screens just zip by, haven't had any stuttering, it's all pretty good, still been completely stable. been way too gunshy on further mods but the other day I got one to add a flashlight that doesn't suck total rear end, probably it'll work fine. also wb

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Hatebag posted:

there's a part in lethal weapon where a house blows up and afterwards danny glover is brushing off mel gibson's back so he says "hey, get off me! what're you, a fag?"

that sounds like an ad lib

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

MonsieurChoc posted:

Fallout Canada would be cool to see the aftermath of American Occupation.

Les Grands Cannes would be the Québécois version of the Great Khans.

You enter the ruins of a town. Several raiders and low women are hanging around a dilapidated building, it's faded sign missing several letters, "Cl..b S..up..r S..x"

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

loquacius posted:

Chortling a little bit that in the beta branch of Orb of Creation my wizard is doing all of his usual stuff while simultaneously chopping wood pretty much all the time

Lumberjacking to charge your orb

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You enter the ruins of a town. Several raiders and low women are hanging around a dilapidated building, it's faded sign missing several letters, "Cl..b S..up..r S..x"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TncdhLGjFTE

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al! posted:

that sounds like an ad lib

yeah, that was my assumption. at least he kept it down to one slur

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DaysBefore posted:

Can't wait for the insanely fail political commentary in GTA 6. It's going to be so bad and I'm going to love every minute of it

Is laslow still a thing in GTA. I exited the ecosystem before a trump impression could be a thing. Is there a GTA Trump?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DaysBefore posted:

Yep. It'll rule

Rampage missions are gonna start in a pharmacy where you get vaxxed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

Is laslow still a thing in GTA. I exited the ecosystem before a trump impression could be a thing.

yeah i think trevor rapes him or something in gta5