Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Kennel posted:

Tiger, Tiger

We're having quite the page today :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Tiger, Tiger whips rear end and I'm ready for Rakkatak to get his poo poo kicked in

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: I'm not sure either of them actually know how to cook

quote:

“Cut down all pre-present illusions. Cut away everything that is behind you and continue only to step in the right direction. This is the essence of the sublime art of Division.”

– Dhukkan ten Dhul, Blade Illusionist

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

rodbeard posted:

Chapter 81

I fell behind so here's 82 and 83

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Dolmistaka is dealing with some poo poo right now :<

Bro Dad posted:

.....so all the weird abstract shapes that adorn a lot of painted japanese ceramics were actually invented by a child to be used as a marketing gimmick

this loving manga

It's a legitimate aesthetic choice!

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 47: Packed

They had a blacksuit minding the blacksuit? Quis custodiet ipsos custodes, indeed.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Kit Walker posted:

Different Country Diary

"Fighting is fundamentally something sociable people do" is one of those things that makes you put the comic down for a bit and think real hard, isn't it?

This bit is so good imo, the warm bath as a practical solution, shocking Asa out of her funk with lack of care, the extremely on point "this isn't a fight between us two"...

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

left behind, waiting for noah's ark. a classic.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Emzedoh posted:

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 47: Packed

This whole section reminds me of a certain quote from Kaiji:

"Normally, those people would never wake up from their fantasy worlds. They live meaningless lives. They waste their precious days over nothing. No matter how old they get, they’ll continue to say, “My real life hasn’t started yet. The real me is still asleep, so that’s why my life is such garbage.” They continue to tell themselves that. And they age. Then die. And on their deathbeds, they will finally realize: the life they lived was the real thing. People don’t live provisional lives, nor do they die provisional deaths. That’s a simple fact! The problem… is whether they realize that simple fact."

It's stayed with me for a long time and I don't think I've done as a great job of taking that lesson to heart as I should

Osmosisch posted:

"Fighting is fundamentally something sociable people do" is one of those things that makes you put the comic down for a bit and think real hard, isn't it?

This bit is so good imo, the warm bath as a practical solution, shocking Asa out of her funk with lack of care, the extremely on point "this isn't a fight between us two"...

Makio's got more social intelligence than most neurotypical people I know, haha

And yeah, this bit is like a really neat crash course on grounding someone and deescalating. Handy!

Different Country Diary

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 14:32 on Apr 29, 2024

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

If nothing else I want to buy dad's coffee mug.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (April 14, 1946)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Me & You

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Kill Six Billion Demons
We're caught up again!

Alt: this whole sequence was really just an excuse to draw gog in funny little outfits

quote:

Anathema

Alt: man catastrophically owns himself even further by adding more complicated character design than the previous two complicated character designs, sending him straight to Hell

quote:

a small and quiet place

Much like Ciocie Cioelle is the letters of COCA COLA read out loud, Nukoku is just New Coke
Also, it's interesting that she's an Ivory Devil. That's not really a thing in the hierarchy of devils. They go from Pale to Ebon and Ivory isn't one of the categories. I wonder if, like White Chain has transcended the definition of an Angel, Cio has now become something new and unprecedented as well

Also also, I'm wondering if this page is a vague allusion to Dark Souls 3. In particular the Painter, who has a few lines that end with some variation of the phrase, "I will assuredly finish the painting. Of a cold, dark, and very gentle place. One day, it will make someone a goodly home."

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

Souboutei Must Be Destroyed: 53 (+2), if we're counting "destroying the gate" since it's implied it's the same thing

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Kit Walker posted:

This whole section reminds me of a certain quote from Kaiji:

"Normally, those people would never wake up from their fantasy worlds. They live meaningless lives. They waste their precious days over nothing. No matter how old they get, they’ll continue to say, “My real life hasn’t started yet. The real me is still asleep, so that’s why my life is such garbage.” They continue to tell themselves that. And they age. Then die. And on their deathbeds, they will finally realize: the life they lived was the real thing. People don’t live provisional lives, nor do they die provisional deaths. That’s a simple fact! The problem… is whether they realize that simple fact."

It's stayed with me for a long time and I don't think I've done as a great job of taking that lesson to heart as I should

Yeah, I've heard that quote as well. Ootsuki at least seems to be enjoying life to the fullest.

Incidentally, did you know the character that said those lines got his own spinoff? Middle Manager Tonegawa.

https://mangadex.org/title/825978a4-d445-4c91-84a2-d51476100fcb/middle-manager-tonegawa

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 76: Smells Like Child Spirit

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 38: The Knight, the Squire and the Job Offers

Aw, that's kind of sweet.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

edit: disregard, turns out I did count correctly, it was just that the day's update was late

Digamma-F-Wau has a new favorite as of 05:54 on Apr 30, 2024

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

For us physical media enjoyers, The Guy She Was Interested In Wasn't A Guy At All's physical volumes have been picked up for english release by YenPress, who do pretty good jobs with the translations of things but their print quality can vary wildly between different runs.

https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/1783939112073892031

Rainbow in the Dark

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Emzedoh posted:

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 76: Smells Like Child Spirit

important to note that the mori clan at the time were hegemons of basically all of western japan. rikyu isnt hinting at some internal palace coup but a civil war

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

That would certainly explain why Lord Mori is so willing to speak out against the Toyotomi. That's usually not a... Life extending move.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Emzedoh posted:

That would certainly explain why Lord Mori is so willing to speak out against the Toyotomi. That's usually not a... Life extending move.

yeah terumoto's grandad mori motonari was basically the littlefinger of japanese history who set up the family as hegemons of everything west of the oda/toyotomi. they're like the tokugawas in that hideyoshi doesnt have direct control over their forces

Bro Dad has a new favorite as of 22:20 on Apr 29, 2024

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bro Dad posted:

important to note that the mori clan at the time were hegemons of basically all of western japan. rikyu isnt hinting at some internal palace coup but a civil war

Allegedly, this is from about 1580

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Kit Walker posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons

Also also, I'm wondering if this page is a vague allusion to Dark Souls 3. In particular the Painter, who has a few lines that end with some variation of the phrase, "I will assuredly finish the painting. Of a cold, dark, and very gentle place. One day, it will make someone a goodly home."

It wouldn't be too surprising, there's also a reference to the painted world of Ariamis of Dark Souls 1 in the arc where they break into the vault: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-9-111/ "Thou must returneth whence thou came. This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind, but thou dost not belong."

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

For us physical media enjoyers, The Guy She Was Interested In Wasn't A Guy At All's physical volumes have been picked up for english release by YenPress, who do pretty good jobs with the translations of things but their print quality can vary wildly between different runs.

That's cool. I saw a Japanese copy at bookstore near me but I figured a book I couldn't read was too frivolous of a purchase.

In other news Haus of Decline is trans

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
There is an absurd amount of good stuff on this page

e: a troubling username/post combo from Liquid Chicken

Tree Bucket has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Apr 30, 2024

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
B.Kliban....

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Holy poo poo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's a bizarre and good comic

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Wait, what do they need to do to Souboutei? Sorry I wasn't paying attention.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I believe Souboutei must be deployed? I guess it could be pretty useful.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Souboutei Must Be Enjoyed :unsmith:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Dolmistaska

end of book 4

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

mmm, webcomics good

I'm practicing NOT marathoning every project i undertake in one go by just finishing one of the two pages i been working on tonight. probably finish the last page tomorrow and post it at some point.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Webcomics is blood.

Volume 7 already!

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 48: Beauty Sweat

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Kit Walker posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons
We're caught up again!

im the

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wanna say that if you're not following the newsprint thread for Mexikid Stories you're missing out.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (April 21, 1946)