Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Alder posted:

I think my WAR journey might just end right now since I hit lvl 50 and now I can do the old dungeons and woo boy do I not want to replay them again.

It was good...I now experienced all 4 tanks and 3 healers.

You haven’t really experienced WAR yet at 50. Trust me - keep leveling it. WAR becomes almost ungodly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
You also gotta experience the 50-60 and 60-70 WAR class quests.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
50's a weird spot to spot. And now you can do the old dungeons? The ARR dungeons are still by and large the oldest.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

You haven’t really experienced WAR yet at 50. Trust me - keep leveling it. WAR becomes almost ungodly.

I usually main war when I play the game every couple years and I can't imagine it'll be as busted in Dawntrail as it was/is in Endwalker MSQ content. Being unkillable and even patch healing the dps before the healer can is very funny

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Hello, I am dumb. Applied to EMC on Discord and got an FC invite in-game, but I haven't played in 3 years and couldn't remember how to bring up the on-screen keyboard on the PS4 version.

Anyway, I'm back in the game after three years away. Main is a level 80 WAR but I'm trying to knock out the grindy PS4 trophies before moving on to the PS5 version before Dawntrail. So I'm running around as a Lvl 22 Botanist while I remember how to actually play.

I'm Static Rook in game (also my old SA account name) or Static_Rook on PSN. I joined the Returner's Bounty thing, too. Hopefully I'll be less lost by the weekend and will actually participate in stuff.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Flavahbeast posted:

I usually main war when I play the game every couple years and I can't imagine it'll be as busted in Dawntrail as it was/is in Endwalker MSQ content. Being unkillable and even patch healing the dps before the healer can is very funny

They don't balance around trash packs, never have. Why would they start now?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
i wish they balanced around any of the content the game forces you to do 1000s of times to be honest. the only interesting stuff is extremes and up

Cheeseman
Apr 1, 2001

Alder posted:

I think my WAR journey might just end right now since I hit lvl 50 and now I can do the old dungeons and woo boy do I not want to replay them again.

It was good...I now experienced all 4 tanks and 3 healers.

WAR starts at 54, really shines at 56-60, and gets really great by 70. Don't give up on it yet!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Bruceski posted:

They don't balance around trash packs, never have. Why would they start now?

I mean on dungeon bosses, after a healer death at 80% I could still kill the boss of smileton and probably keep a dps alive too

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Impermanent posted:

i wish they balanced around any of the content the game forces you to do 1000s of times to be honest. the only interesting stuff is extremes and up

I think they are, but the balance point they're looking for is "mediocre casual players can still clear normal-difficulty content and advance the story," which means you're not going to get a lot of challenge for anyone any better at the game. Which is fine IMHO!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

I mean on dungeon bosses, after a healer death at 80% I could still kill the boss of smileton and probably keep a dps alive too

Pallies can do the same thing, why aren't you calling for them to be nerfed?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I'm not calling for anything to be nerfed I just think they probably will be

edit: also it looks like paladins were buffed a lot since I played last, when I played warrior was tops

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 30, 2024

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Antivehicular posted:

I think they are, but the balance point they're looking for is "mediocre casual players can still clear normal-difficulty content and advance the story," which means you're not going to get a lot of challenge for anyone any better at the game. Which is fine IMHO!

Yeah dungeons and the more commonly played content is based around getting as many players as possible through the content and there are many many very bad players who enjoy the game and story anyway.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Like just last week I was in a Dead Ends with a healer who just couldn't get us past the first boss and they were so apologetic, I felt so bad that I couldn't make it happen for them

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh that is so sad. I hope they get better at the game, or at least learn to recognize mechanics.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Yeah I also think that by and large the balance for dungeons is fine and probably where CBU3 wants it to be in terms of allowing anyone to clear MSQ content.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oxyclean posted:

Really enjoying how easy it is to get relics this expansion. I got RDM, WAR and SGE done so far.

That said, it can be a bit of a pain if you exhaust all of your roulettes and still want to work towards one, the options for farming causality feel a little ehh, but I suppose that's how it's been for a lot of relic doohickeys.

Still wish comedy past the weekly cap would convert to causality though.

Yeah, I can get an upgrade every other day if I actually do all of my roulettes.
As far as farming more, I'm probably wrong, but I'd wager the best bet would be CC matches. You get like 20 a run, and they don't last very long, so without actually doing the math, I'd bet it's probably the most efficient in terms of Tomes per Minute. Still gonna take you awhile, sure, but, like you said, after roulettes there's not much to do for casual farming.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

50's a weird spot to spot. And now you can do the old dungeons? The ARR dungeons are still by and large the oldest.

I had been doing the <50 dungeons up to today and I kinda realized I haven't played a tank for below EXDR since the release of GNB back in ShB and I feel bad :shobon:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Arist posted:

Like just last week I was in a Dead Ends with a healer who just couldn't get us past the first boss and they were so apologetic, I felt so bad that I couldn't make it happen for them

I feel for this person. The first two bosses of that dungeon are shockingly hard for story dungeons, and the first one is particularly bad for healers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
PLD and WAR can both solo content above 74 trivially, and both can keep 1-2 dps alive by themselves.

GNB can pretty much solo stuff, but it’s a bit harder to keep an extra dps up.

DRK might be able to keep a dps alive with some really good dps play and lots of TBN. I haven’t been in a position to have to try, thankfully.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

I feel for this person. The first two bosses of that dungeon are shockingly hard for story dungeons, and the first one is particularly bad for healers.

I remember the first time we were running it as fresh 90s, we got completely cheesed* on those bosses.

*it's like getting creamed but it goes on for longer.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

the_steve posted:

Yeah, I can get an upgrade every other day if I actually do all of my roulettes.
As far as farming more, I'm probably wrong, but I'd wager the best bet would be CC matches. You get like 20 a run, and they don't last very long, so without actually doing the math, I'd bet it's probably the most efficient in terms of Tomes per Minute. Still gonna take you awhile, sure, but, like you said, after roulettes there's not much to do for casual farming.

What's gonna happen to Causality and Comedy Tomestones when Dawntrail launches? Will they be converted to Poetics? If so, that'll make Manderville Relics VERY easy.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
They will 100% convert to poetics and then we'll have 2 brand new types of tomestones to collect that will gradually phase in and out as the patch content keeps on trucking.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

What's gonna happen to Causality and Comedy Tomestones when Dawntrail launches? Will they be converted to Poetics? If so, that'll make Manderville Relics VERY easy.

Yes, they will be poetics. Many previous relic steps are already spam poetics as is so it's not that weird.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Black mages, what is your trick for targetting a party member for Aetherial Manipulation? I am rather tired of getting wrecked by mechanics because I am bad at using Aetherial Manipulation.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

orange juche posted:

Black mages, what is your trick for targetting a party member for Aetherial Manipulation? I am rather tired of getting wrecked by mechanics because I am bad at using Aetherial Manipulation.

Same as for Icarus wing. F5, mouse numpad 7, tab to target boss because Carol is usually in the correct spot.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

orange juche posted:

I use a mouseover macro, bound to one of my extra mouse buttons. Point cursor at party ball and zoop.
code:
/micon "Aetherial Manipulation"
/merror off
/ac "Aetherial Manipulation" <mo>
/ac "Aetherial Manipulation" <t>

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

PLD and WAR can both solo content above 74 trivially, and both can keep 1-2 dps alive by themselves.

GNB can pretty much solo stuff, but it’s a bit harder to keep an extra dps up.

DRK might be able to keep a dps alive with some really good dps play and lots of TBN. I haven’t been in a position to have to try, thankfully.

Don't underestimate how much survivability you get out of a stack of Hyper-potions. It's enough to tip the scales in the DRK war of attrition.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

orange juche posted:

I have a macro for each party member lined up next to their name on the party list

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Show and tell, everyone. I made a NIN portrait so drat chuuni that I'm almost too embarrassed to use in game. It was hubris. I knew how far I could push the chuuni levels, but never asked myself if I should. Anyway, it is made and it can't be unmade:

You're welcome!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
finally, fancier dan

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Crackerjack posted:

Show and tell, everyone. I made a NIN portrait so drat chuuni that I'm almost too embarrassed to use in game. It was hubris. I knew how far I could push the chuuni levels, but never asked myself if I should. Anyway, it is made and it can't be unmade:

You're welcome!

This is how you summon Karasu to engage you in a trash-talk battle. I hope you're prepared.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Thundarr posted:

This is how you summon Karasu to engage you in a trash-talk battle. I hope you're prepared.

Aww. I'm only trained in Insult Knife Fighting. The Stray trained me.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Crackerjack posted:

You're welcome!

Here's mine

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ColinRyan/status/1785055045915984006?t=2lRXXyBQkE7jVtBzgXY9rg&s=19

Current Alphinaud finally meets ARR Alphinaud

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm seeing double, SIX Alphinauds?!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'm probably gonna still play around with glams (not enough to make ones for the jobs I never play on purpose) but I got the important part of Dawntrail prep done: unique portraits for everyone!

BRD, DRG, WAR, GNB, DRK
RDM, MCH, MNK, DNC, SAM
WHM, SMN, SCH, NIN, SGE
BLM, RPR, PLD, AST, BLU

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 30, 2024

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Thanks for the synastry macro talk the last page or so. I've been meaning to ask the same question for ages, but kept forgetting the skill even exists to bring it up.

I suppose paladins' cover ability can be macro'd in a similar way, yeah? Like, I'm thinking I could make three buttons using "/ac Cover <X>". With X being 2, 3, or 4. In a light party that'd have the all members covered (eh heh heh heh) and in a full party, the other tank and both healers. I'm gonna give this a try.

Cheap Shot posted:

Here's mine

Magnificent!

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Ive been playing a lot of astro recently in UWU and I too often forget synastry exists, it's pretty niche. I won't say it feels useless but it's close...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i honesty dunno if i've ever intentionally hit synastry outside a couple "oh god why is this tank wearing $PREV_EXPANSION gear" incidents