Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lol left vets still have the same troop brain that gets all worked up when they are disrespected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

lol left vets still have the same troop brain that gets all worked up when they are disrespected

Not a vet, lol. Was heavily recruited at (including by my parents) in high school though.

I agree that this discussion is off topic, though.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

UCI is getting big, was surprised it hasn’t popped sooner given that there are some well established Muslim student groups there

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ace Transmuter posted:

Not a vet, lol. Was heavily recruited at (including by my parents) in high school though.

I agree that this discussion is off topic, though.

Yeah I feel like troop chat is very :burger: and should move to the Marxism thread or perhaps its own.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lmao your av

Also wb

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

Lmao your av

Also wb

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

anyways uncritical support to the kids

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

really queer Christmas posted:

Lmao your av

Also wb

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

HallelujahLee posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

HallelujahLee posted:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

PSU library blockade getting swept rn

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Cal Poly Humboldt police raid is apparently on the docket for tonight.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

HallelujahLee posted:

They are our future.:hai:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

HallelujahLee posted:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah I feel like troop chat is very :burger: and should move to the Marxism thread or perhaps its own.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1784993170566021398

Also lol

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1785055118276300944

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Wassbix posted:

Apparently someone already punched the poo poo out of him 4 years ago

https://twitter.com/TshweuMoleme/status/1784740405092700604

Sweet jebus they foreal stole the plan the bad guys used in the Roadhouse reboot.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Al! posted:

IK EDIT: TUBGIRL HAS BEEN REMOVED.....AGAIN

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008
Still in awe of the UCLA students making that influencer cry.

Really hope her video gets more students groups to have a media liaison and so that these agitators get told to gently caress off every single time

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

:perfect:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

:thurman:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also who gives a gently caress about "historical debate" there's a genocide on you dweeb

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

quiggy posted:

also who gives a gently caress about "historical debate" there's a genocide on you dweeb

Explaining that peoplenhave a right to secure their ancestral homelands and that's why the Rus should invade Scandinavia

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

crispyseaweed posted:

Really hope her video gets more students groups to have a media liaison and so that these agitators get told to gently caress off every single time

yeah seeing a bunch of dumbass kids practice message discipline is incredibly endearing

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quiggy posted:

I have a friend who was marshalling at an encampment, and he told me about an elderly woman who came to it and demanded he read a New York Times editorial to find out why the encampment was antisemitic.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

crispyseaweed posted:

It makes my heart soar seeing natural born and professionally honed posters be put in positions where they can protect their peers from malicious trolls.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

KirbyKhan posted:

It makes my heart soar seeing natural born and professionally honed posters be put in positions where they can protect their peers from malicious trolls.

i only learned how to be a poster. these kids swim in it

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I visited the Northwestern camp yesterday w/ my kid, looks like I timed it well since they've just reached an agreement

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2024/04/29/campus/breaking-administrators-student-demonstrators-reach-agreement-to-end-encampment/

I can't tell if some paragraphs are mis written or inaccurate, but here's the gist. The University agreed to fundraise for and give out 5 scholarships to Palestinian undergrads, disclose its investments with Israel within 30 days, and immediately establish a temporary middle eastern/north african/muslim House with a permanent one to follow.

quote:

As negotiations finished, the University agreed to permit protests and gatherings in support of Palestine at the Meadow through June 1, the final day of spring quarter classes. The permit will require that only NU students, faculty and staff be allowed in the demonstration area, unless otherwise authorized by the University, and may require a Wildcard ID.

In exchange, the Northwestern Divestment Coalition, who organized the encampment effort, will commit to leaving only one aid tent on the lawn. Though students will still be able to organize under a permit granted by NU, they will use only approved devices to project or amplify sound. Previously scheduled events must be able to proceed on the lawn, the University said.
While the agreement does not stipulate that the University will cut ties with Israeli-affiliated companies — a longtime demand of pro-Palestinian activists on campus — the University did commit to including students in “a process dedicated to implementing broad input on University dining services, including residential and retail vendors on campus.”

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2024/04/25/campus/live-pro-palestinian-student-activists-set-up-encampment-on-deering-meadow/
play by play

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

UCI camp is alright. We got some supplies they requested, Police have backed off for now.

We were using the Union hall of a local organization that has a physical space for a class I was teaching, and one of these type of guys who saw a Palestinian solidarity sticker of some kind on the building stormed in to epically own us in the marketplace of ideas. I was kinda taken aback didn’t really know what to do but just kept talking over him. One of the people in the class just responded “uh I’m Jewish too” and we could visibly see him try to process a response, start to say something, then storm out.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Atrocious Joe posted:

I have a friend who was marshalling at an encampment, and he told me about an elderly woman who came to it and demanded he read a New York Times editorial to find out why the encampment was antisemitic.

This is violence

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/prem_thakker/status/1785061082924495111

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

I visited the Northwestern camp yesterday w/ my kid, looks like I timed it well since they've just reached an agreement

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2024/04/29/campus/breaking-administrators-student-demonstrators-reach-agreement-to-end-encampment/

I can't tell if some paragraphs are mis written or inaccurate, but here's the gist. The University agreed to fundraise for and give out 5 scholarships to Palestinian undergrads, disclose its investments with Israel within 30 days, and immediately establish a temporary middle eastern/north african/muslim House with a permanent one to follow.

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2024/04/25/campus/live-pro-palestinian-student-activists-set-up-encampment-on-deering-meadow/
play by play

kinda seems like they accepted this way too quickly and easily but i guess we will see especially since they wont divest

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

is that the woman who was like 16 when she started dating Jerry Seinfeld who was in his thirties or whatever?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

spechtie posted:

is that the woman who was like 16 when she started dating Jerry Seinfeld who was in his thirties or whatever?

nah i don't think he ended up marrying that 16 year old he was dating.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

HallelujahLee posted:

kinda seems like they accepted this way too quickly and easily but i guess we will see especially since they wont divest

Really funny how you can calm people down with an anodyne "okay well be nice to Arab students and look into the matter (while you're all on vacation)" but no gotta send in the cops

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

HallelujahLee posted:

it's not particularly difficult to fulfill those conditions so...

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

trying to outdo Michael Richards, I see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

StashAugustine posted:

Really funny how you can calm people down with an anodyne "okay well be nice to Arab students and look into the matter (while you're all on vacation)" but no gotta send in the cops

Yeah but they really really really hate Muslims and can’t bear to see them alive and happy, be reasonable, find a compromise!