Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Nichael posted:

LOTR show was watched but I really doubt it'll have retention. Fallout inexplicably is a good TV show.

i think they had some new ideas about what an adaptation could look like and im excited to see them really nail it down for season 2 (executives, smelling money, get overly involved and turn it into mushy prestige tv garbage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Also, it's kind of rude of Jerry to say there's nothing funny out there, when again, Veep and Curb exist, and were his co-worker's projects. Admittedly, he has a history of being kind of rude, what with statutory raping and genociding.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the major difference being that people watched episode 2 of fallout

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

i think they had some new ideas about what an adaptation could look like and im excited to see them really nail it down for season 2 (executives, smelling money, get overly involved and turn it into mushy prestige tv garbage)

There's nothing inherently wrong with IP slop. It's just most of it goes no where, and doesn't progress the setting. I think Better Call Saul and Strange New Worlds are examples of prequels not having to be garbage for example. Star Trek: Prodigy also explores (explored? I guess since it's been Zasloved) the setting from an entirely new perspective.

This is all in stark contrast to the Star Wars sequels or the new Captain America with the superhero Zionist.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

still can't imagine how furious Microsoft is at Bethesda for not having anything to offer ravenous fans but a performance patch for a 9 year old game and a free weekend of a very dead 6 year old live service game

I want to believe that they took the assets and shipped them off to Obsidian as soon as the first episode aired but alas

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

still can't imagine how furious Microsoft is at Bethesda for not having anything to offer ravenous fans but a performance patch for a 9 year old game and a free weekend of a very dead 6 year old live service game

I want to believe that they took the assets and shipped them off to Obsidian as soon as the first episode aired but alas

Don't forget, the performance patch apparently broke a ton of the game for people. If an Obsidian revisit to the franchise wasn't happening prior, I'd say the chances have shot up significantly. Starfield probably doesn't help Bethesda either.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nichael posted:

There's nothing inherently wrong with IP slop. It's just most of it goes no where, and doesn't progress the setting. I think Better Call Saul and Strange New Worlds are examples of prequels not having to be garbage for example. Star Trek: Prodigy also explores (explored? I guess since it's been Zasloved) the setting from an entirely new perspective.

This is all in stark contrast to the Star Wars sequels or the new Captain America with the superhero Zionist.

its really funny that marvel decided to sneak their weird zionist character into their next movie, then all this happened and theyre desperately trying to rework it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nichael posted:

Don't forget, the performance patch apparently broke a ton of the game for people. If an Obsidian revisit to the franchise wasn't happening prior, I'd say the chances have shot up significantly. Starfield probably doesn't help Bethesda either.

lets be real obsidian is just a microsoft imprint at this point but if they dont use that mark on fallout 5 theyre straight up stupid

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Nichael posted:

Also, it's kind of rude of Jerry to say there's nothing funny out there, when again, Veep and Curb exist, and were his co-worker's projects. Admittedly, he has a history of being kind of rude, what with statutory raping and genociding.

any interview I see with him he comes across as an actual low-key sociopath. his emotions are muted out in a way that is unsettling and there's never any genuine warmth. sometimes he pantomimes it but he's got the same blatant fakeness as Jimmy Fallon

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

MS broke new ground by buying up a game studio that ruined themselves before MS could

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

its really funny that marvel decided to sneak their weird zionist character into their next movie, then all this happened and theyre desperately trying to rework it

I know. Also it's loving called "Brave New World".

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

the moment Microsoft bought Obsidian i thought they would have a West Coast Fallout game announcement within 2 or 3 years, but i guess Obsidian had their plate full with their own poo poo + helping Bethesda?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

what are you talking about, the fallout games have been top sellers on platforms like steam ever since the show came out

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Al! posted:

shouldve put her in the hulk movie imo

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Bro Dad posted:

shouldve put her in the hulk movie imo

Ahhhh wgat the gently caress

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the korean game shows on netflix are ftw, watched physical 100 a while back and i finished up the devil's plan this weekend and it looks like theyre coming out with a new season soon

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

gallaghar going insane because all anyone cared about was the watermelon smashing so he just got really racist and homophobic and still all anyone cared about were the watermelons

been watching him via youtube shorts and hes truly insane

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

if the game was dead they wouldn't be supporting it. I personally want obsidian to make their fallout game on UE5 and when it drops like a rock after a month because of no modding support I am going to be so smug.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I hope people make good games, personally

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

I hope people make good games, personally

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

When your career is going well:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Jerry has a billion dollars I don’t think he cares

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

be careful there are 2 Gallaghers out there! #knowyourgallagher

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

ArmedZombie posted:

be careful there are 2 Gallaghers out there! #knowyourgallagher

not anymore. the real one died

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

*ahem* THE WRONG GALLAGHER DIED

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Spergin Morlock posted:

if you're on YouTube you never die

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Rip Gallagher. He did his own IG promotions and was quick to respond to the haters.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

and tbh it's not even that bad of a joke his delivery just sucks. if the punchline is "you look like a gay king" you gotta fuckin play up being a Gay King bro

what no thats gay dude

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

slave to my cravings posted:

Jerry has a billion dollars I don’t think he cares

he very, very obviously does. that's why it's funny

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
like for a lot of people "the billionaire doesn't care what people are saying about him" is completely true. but not for Steinfeld

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

just read gallaghers wikipedia article. apparently after leo sued his brother the judge ordered the brother to not intentionally bear likeness to his twin brother lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
remember the time they added a singer to the Seinfeld credits and it was so good they never did it again for any episode

https://youtu.be/_S1Bmh3QSK4?si=fdtnQZNFmLq1xBoG

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Spergin Morlock posted:

dude was explicitly a "clean comic" who never swore to avoid offending people and maximize his appeal. shut the gently caress up Jerry Seinfeld. go suck an IDF dick

That’s why I don’t get. What the hell is he even mad about at all? His entire thing is saying “What’s the deal?” with the banal annoyances of everyday life. The show was likewise about laughing at the characters neurosis’s taking their problems from banal non-issues to hilarious overcompensating. His standup nor the show ever used boundary pushing for their humor.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

coincidentally happens to line up with the end of the famous stand-up comedy boom

It coincided with standup comics getting on television and having to abide by FCC regulations and network censors, whereas in nightclubs they could drop any slur or obscenity and at worst piss off a venue

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

galagazombie posted:

That’s why I don’t get. What the hell is he even mad about at all? His entire thing is saying “What’s the deal?” with the banal annoyances of everyday life. The show was likewise about laughing at the characters neurosis’s taking their problems from banal non-issues to hilarious overcompensating. His standup nor the show ever used boundary pushing for their humor.

He's mad people are calling him a child predator more likely than anything about comedy

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

MeatwadIsGod posted:

From what I've heard Fellowship has the most practical effects/least CGI, and the following two movies have more and more CGI. Is that true? Or is it more that Two Towers and Return don't adapt their source material as well as Fellowship? I need to watch these already.

Both. It’s kind of weird to say about high fantasy by a monarchist, but there’s a real groundedness in Tolkien’s trilogy, that Fellowship maintains pretty well, but that gets eroded more and more with each movie, as they get more and more obnoxiously Hollywood

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

It is pretty funny that a century of derivative pulp fantasy has been written by ripping off a guy who just wanted to invent a language to write Beowulf fanfiction

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
All the worlds great literary traditions are either fan fiction or shitposting. Sometimes both.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Pomeroy posted:

Both. It’s kind of weird to say about high fantasy by a monarchist, but there’s a real groundedness in Tolkien’s trilogy, that Fellowship maintains pretty well, but that gets eroded more and more with each movie, as they get more and more obnoxiously Hollywood

nah that happens in the books too and it's deliberate. he uses different styles of prose depending on the location of the characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
'My friends, you bow to no one' is unforgettable