Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Illusionis posted:

I see, okay so to clarify. Having the d1 dunk shift between 2 townies is very useful for scum, because it creates doubt about the player left alive for later days, having the dunk shift from scum to town is obviously good for them too. This is why you can very often find scum among the swing votes of a d1 dunk

i am good with my vote where it is folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Tea Party Crasher posted:

We got three people coming out of posting hibernation just to take advantage of the chance to kill two people. Looking at the post count CPIG was just a few posts away from being a viable candidate, yet all the sudden pops in to take advantage. Somebody definitely pinged scum chat

##vote cpig

i think this point has merit too

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Miso soup

So, eh, yeah, sorry, sashimi is way over my head, and sashimi grade fish isn't sold anywhere nearby and I'm not about to carry fresh fish on a bus, so, while it's delicious, pass. Hat off to whoever does a good sashimi though.

Miso soup is kinda throw-stuff-in easy. Get some dried shiitake conveniently rehydrated (keep the water, but strain it so you don't add any dirt on), some wakame algae also rehydrated, dashi from a sachet, and, of course, miso. Also spot the thing that's missing!

Pour everything but for the miso itself into a pot with some water, miso shouldn't boil. You can wait until the end to put the Wakame in, but I forgot. As I forgot the scallions too, so I added those midway, with no photo evidence anywhere. They are there, I swear.

Take them off the fire, add a tablespoon of miso. If you are careful you'll pre-suspend the miso in water so it doesn't clump. I was not careful. Stir until you have no clumps anyway.

The result. Decent miso soup. Too much of it, should have added less water, but it's good hearty food for a colder weather.

Shellception fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 29, 2024

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

these look incredible, thanks for the recipe pmuzz!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
I like that everyone's cookies look different from each other but they're all great and tasty as gently caress.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I took mine to a little get together and everybody loved them

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
drat it, raging paranoia Illu is town Illu. ##vote CPig

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

saladscooper posted:

i think this point has merit too

That’s funny because I actually got pinged by TPC for that, should we not have posted and let folks continue to lurk?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Sandwolf posted:

That’s funny because I actually got pinged by TPC for that, should we not have posted and let folks continue to lurk?

they both flipped town. would you as scum not want to take advantage of a free chance to execute town?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Okay finished reread of the 4

Clo, very sparse on game content, could go either way

Token seems to be doing active casing and solving, lean towny

HCT lot's of posting, not a lot of conviction or voting, which is typical HCT, as either alignment. There's a few things that raise concerns for me, like this little defense of Voodoo. leaning slightly scummy

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I guess I should start putting down votes too. I don't see the case on Voodoo (other than being in the Opop/Voodoo/Token ball that maybe swerved the vote D1), if your gut is telling you that then by all means but mine comes up with a shrug there. In fact most of the game is still a big question mark and that bothers me, I feel like scum are lurking again and just letting us talk ourselves in circles. Windward is the only one who I'm getting town pings from right now.

Sorry work calls finish thought later

TPC lot's of posting, very little voting. Overall reading back TPC feels like he's doing a lot of sniping from the sidelines and +1 others posts, but staying pretty well below radar by not actually pushing or voting people he expresses suspicions on. Feels scummy ##vote TPC

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

Funny of you to act as if I'm supporting lurking, and not pointing out the fact that the lurkers were voted out by people who were only lurking slightly less. Barely any posts from you and CPig and then all the sudden, oh we can kill two people with a small vote? Immediate voting.

I mean I could see why you would be self-conscious about it and want to misconstrue my argument though lol

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

##vote stinkwolf

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Illusionis posted:

Okay finished reread of the 4

Clo, very sparse on game content, could go either way

Token seems to be doing active casing and solving, lean towny

HCT lot's of posting, not a lot of conviction or voting, which is typical HCT, as either alignment. There's a few things that raise concerns for me, like this little defense of Voodoo. leaning slightly scummy

TPC lot's of posting, very little voting. Overall reading back TPC feels like he's doing a lot of sniping from the sidelines and +1 others posts, but staying pretty well below radar by not actually pushing or voting people he expresses suspicions on. Feels scummy ##vote TPC

But I am voting? And I've explained why? I feel like you're just making poo poo up

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Sorry after work I've been shopping and going to dinner with my mom now, I'll catch up before deadline

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
Ugh I still haven't made up my mind on whether Illu is scummy or not
I can't read salad either
Still think TPC and TF are towny
Sandwolf can die imo, and I still think CPig can also go
Maer is increasingly towny and I think it's a legitimate point in her favor because I think she's solving

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Not sure what to make of Clo. I had a mental note she's not scum with someone but I already forgot who it was.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

I kinda think HCT is town

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

WindwardAway posted:

I kinda think HCT is town

But at the same time, I respect his scum game lol

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Votecount for Day 3

Illusionis (2): saladscooper, Cloacamazing!, Hyper Crab Tank, Cloacamazing!
Sandwolf (2): WindwardAway, Tea Party Crasher
Maerlyn (1): Token Female
CapitalistPig (1): WindwardAway, WindwardAway, Tea Party Crasher, Cloacamazing!, Tea Party Crasher
Tea Party Crasher (1): Illusionis

Not Voting (3): CapitalistPig, Maerlyn, Sandwolf

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 29th, 2024 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 9 minutes.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Interesting vote count after I nuked a scum and you guys turboed 2 town lurkers

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

WindwardAway posted:

Interesting vote count after I nuked a scum and you guys turboed 2 town lurkers

FYI I'm not blaming you for killing the lurkers, I'm just wondering who's been steering the agenda on those lurkers in particular and not, uh, the ones who are still unflipped, like *ahem* CPig
Also, can you believe I got put in a masonry with 3 lurkers lol

I might as well tell you now cause idk whether or not CPig will tell you after I die tonight, our masonry has a power to randomly copy a number of abilities used at night and use them on random targets. The number of abilities is randomized between 1 and half the total ability count, and I assume the chosen abilities are also randomized. The masonry is not told which abilities were used or on whom, but any results produced are given to us, and even if both CPig and I die, the masonry continues to work its sorcery wreaking havoc.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

WindwardAway posted:

FYI I'm not blaming you for killing the lurkers, I'm just wondering who's been steering the agenda on those lurkers in particular and not, uh, the ones who are still unflipped, like *ahem* CPig
Also, can you believe I got put in a masonry with 3 lurkers lol

I might as well tell you now cause idk whether or not CPig will tell you after I die tonight, our masonry has a power to randomly copy a number of abilities used at night and use them on random targets. The number of abilities is randomized between 1 and half the total ability count, and I assume the chosen abilities are also randomized. The masonry is not told which abilities were used or on whom, but any results produced are given to us, and even if both CPig and I die, the masonry continues to work its sorcery wreaking havoc.

I forgot Sandwolf has also been a lurker lol
I'm already voting him anyway

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

I'm gonna sign off for the night, good night and good luck hunting down scum! You'll probably continue to see my cooking pics, if discord doesn't yeet them immediately lol.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Actually
Maybe I'll switch and go with my gut on this.
##vote CPig
Sorry mason buddy, I have my suspicions.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

saladscooper posted:

they both flipped town. would you as scum not want to take advantage of a free chance to execute town?

100%, though maybe I’d try to be a little more clever about it? I just feel like the three of us TPC is casting shade on were kinda doomed. If we voted, we’re opportunistic scum, if we don’t, we’re lurking scum.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

100%, though maybe I’d try to be a little more clever about it? I just feel like the three of us TPC is casting shade on were kinda doomed. If we voted, we’re opportunistic scum, if we don’t, we’re lurking scum.

Presuming you our town making this argument, why Are you going to bat for CPig and illu here? Just because you all did the same thing? Surely you can see what's scummy about those votes

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Presuming you our town making this argument, why Are you going to bat for CPig and illu here? Just because you all did the same thing? Surely you can see what's scummy about those votes

I think your logic is suspect and I am stating as much. I am only defending Illu or CPig inasmuch as I know I voted for the worse lurkers as town. I don’t think it’s inherently a scummy thing to do. So if you think, for example, CPig is scum and lurking, I agree with that. (CPig is my shout for scum) but if the argument is, “oh, CPig voted for lurkers who flipped town, he must be scum” I don’t agree with that

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

I think your logic is suspect and I am stating as much. I am only defending Illu or CPig inasmuch as I know I voted for the worse lurkers as town. I don’t think it’s inherently a scummy thing to do. So if you think, for example, CPig is scum and lurking, I agree with that. (CPig is my shout for scum) but if the argument is, “oh, CPig voted for lurkers who flipped town, he must be scum” I don’t agree with that

Do you think CPig is town when you consider their behavior outside of that vote?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Do you think CPig is town when you consider their behavior outside of that vote?

I state, in that post, that I think CPig is scummy, I just don’t think the lurkervote thing is scummy.

Look, here: ##vote CPig

I get less bad vibes from Illu but I’ll vote there. I’ll vote basically anywhere, i think my only townread is Wind

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Because from where I'm standing, CPig has been on the sidelines this entire time and already seemed a little off, then only came out of the woodwork to supply two votes to kill townies, and then fell back off the face of the Earth again.

That's why I voted there first, and not for say Illu. Illu seems at least somewhat invested in scum hunting. Meanwhile the only place that you are honing your energy is into compressing my casing without quoting it to blanket exonerate the three of you. It stinks dude

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

I state, in that post, that I think CPig is scummy, I just don’t think the lurkervote thing is scummy.

Look, here: ##vote CPig

I get less bad vibes from Illu but I’ll vote there. I’ll vote basically anywhere, i think my only townread is Wind

Oh gently caress me. I didn't see that you put CPig as you pick for scum in parentheticals. Still kind of annoyed over the fact that if that's true, you seem much less interested in that fact. I don't know what to think now

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
##vote CPig sure i'll bite.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
tonight's a low effort no pic dinner for me, just frozen stuff mixed together. this is what i'm biting into ftr, not the vote or the case.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
If CPig flips scum this basically confirms Sand as town, to me.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
For the Texture Challenge, I made some sweet potato fajitas!

First I chopped up two sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces, tossed them in olive oil, southwest seasoning, salt and pepper. I roasted them at 425 for 27 minutes.

Then I zested a lemon and scraped my knuckle on the zesty thingy and had to go put a bandaid on it

Then I chopped up a yellow onion. Did you know that if onions make you cry, you can pretend you're chewing a giant piece of invisible bubblegum and that helps? A sharp nice also helps, but mine is not very sharp

I chopped up a poblano pepper too! I'm slow at chopping up food but I like doing it

I put half the onion in a bowl with the juice from half the lime, and a big pinch of both sugar and salt, and then microwaved it for 30 seconds and set it aside to pickle.

Then I cooked the pepper and the other half of the onion until they were softened and a bit charred

Then I heard a noise in the other room and I checked and Waffles had decided she's just allowed to sit on this table? This is definitely not allowed and I informed her of this, but I took her picture first because she's so cute.

Then I mixed up some sour cream with the lime zest, a squeeze of lime juice, and some salt and pepper. I put it in this cute little fox bowl

I wrapped the tortillas in damp paper towels and microwaved them so they were warm and soft and pliable

The sweet potatoes finished roasting! They were nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside

I started assembling the fajitas. The tortillas were CHEWY, the sweet potatoes were SOFT and CRISPY, the sauteed peppers and onions were FAJITA-Y, and the pickled onions were CRUNCHY

Then I added the CREAMY lime sour cream and some SOGGY pico de gallo

And then I topped it all off with some delicious SEMI-FIRM pepper jack cheese (my favorite cheese!)

Then I added even more onions and peppers because MQ didn't want many, and I paired it all with a WET margarita!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

saladscooper posted:

If CPig flips scum this basically confirms Sand as town, to me.

Hell yeah

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I'm making some peanut stew right now, it should be ready in about half an hour. I'll post pics and see where I'm at post nutrition (I had a bowl of cup ramen for lunch today)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Votecount for Day 3

CapitalistPig (4): WindwardAway, WindwardAway, Tea Party Crasher, Cloacamazing!, Tea Party Crasher, WindwardAway, Sandwolf, saladscooper
Illusionis (1): saladscooper, Cloacamazing!, Hyper Crab Tank, Cloacamazing!, saladscooper
Maerlyn (1): Token Female
Sandwolf (1): WindwardAway, Tea Party Crasher, WindwardAway
Tea Party Crasher (1): Illusionis

Not Voting (2): CapitalistPig, Maerlyn

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 29th, 2024 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 15 minutes.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I don't have anything against a CPig vote but let me read a bit, there's a bit over an hour left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

All right peanut stew time.

First I sauteed some garlic, ginger, onions, red bell pepper in some olive oil and water. Adding water to your oil is like the perfect way to prevent garlic from burning I love it

Once that was all ready I added my red pepper flakes, cumin, peanut butter, tomato paste and chicken broth to the pot. Stirred it up till everything was dissolved and then let it simmer for 20 to get those potatoes tender. After that I threw in my greens and let it simmer for another 5 minutes

Then all it needed was some salt and some lime juice, and it was as good as gold. Feels very wholesome. I wouldn't be giving a thumbs up otherwise. Points please.