Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
love the agent directed newsdrop that includes a built in ad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Milk & Honey Sports, delicious

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Falcons and Penix: not optimal for the team this year but very optimal for GM job security?

Falcons likely make the expanded playoffs in a weak NFC if they have a good qb. They’ve got nice weapons.

So the main concern is having a good backup qb if Kirk goes down. Penix is powerful.

They probably don’t do much in the playoffs, but getting there and breaking the drought will be nice.

Fourth dimensional chess from the GM.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

100% giving him the news first as long as he gets his @

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
We're getting Kelce bros until the end of time.

https://x.com/FOS/status/1785002191670964481

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1785020338616557941?t=GHXW75QCn83j9pIFiLfAWQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1785020787465851172?t=kBK_qjhIoziD8xp5GbAZ2A&s=19

lol this kinda explains why Bateman took that very friendly deal

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

CharlestheHammer posted:

This whole thing is silly because they drafted Love for one reason, it looked like Rodgers was on his way out at the time so drafting a replacement made sense. It didn’t work out because Rodgers rebounded but this isn’t like Cousins who just got into town

Cousins both just got into town and is on his way out. Just passing through, you might say.

Rodgers played three more seasons after the Packers drafted Love, I would say that is the maximum number that Cousins will play for the Falcons but it could easily be lower. If he has the bad luck to receiver another serious injury you might count the number of games played rather than the number of seasons. Or hell, possibly even the number of snaps if his luck is that lovely. Not to mention there is always the slim possibility that Penix proves to be superior to him within a year or two.

Most likely he plays either two or three years with them would be my guess.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

That's become the standard recently, these agents really really want people to know about the massive deals they've negotiated.

Hot new scam: 'accidentally' give players the wrong date to report, put them on the Did Not Report List and manipulate them into signing a team friendly deal.

Play fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 29, 2024

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Play posted:

That's become the standard recently, these agents really really want people to know about the massive deals they've negotiated.

I'd guess they want prospective clients and their their parents to know about the deals they've negotiated

Play
Apr 25, 2006

indigi posted:

I'd guess they want prospective clients and their their parents to know about the deals they've negotiated

specifically them, yes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/RPatrickAllen/status/1785031041276858866

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Falcons and Penix: not optimal for the team this year but very optimal for GM job security?

Falcons likely make the expanded playoffs in a weak NFC if they have a good qb. They’ve got nice weapons.

So the main concern is having a good backup qb if Kirk goes down. Penix is powerful.

They probably don’t do much in the playoffs, but getting there and breaking the drought will be nice.

Fourth dimensional chess from the GM.

I agree with everything else, but it's actually very unoptimal for GM job security.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that if this doesn't work out, namely if Penix sucks major rear end or gets injured and never plays well again, a lot of people are losing their jobs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ooof. Dude's agent needs to be blacklisted.

E:

Not exactly overjoyed.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 29, 2024

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
When's the freaking Schedule Release

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Usually the 2nd week of May. Last few years it’s been dates like May 11th or 12th.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

a neat cape posted:

Here’s a preview:

AFC EAST
Buffalo Bills
Home: Patriots, Dolphins, Jets, Jaguars, Titans, Chiefs, Cardinals, 49ers
Away: Patriots, Dolphins, Jets, Texans, Colts, Ravens, Rams, Seahawks, Lions

Miami Dolphins
Home: Bills, Patriots, Jets, Jaguars, Titans, Raiders, Cardinals, 49ers
Away: Bills, Patriots, Jets, Texans, Colts, Browns, Rams, Seahawks, Packers

New England Patriots
Home: Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Texans, Colts, Chargers, Rams, Seahawks
Away: Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Bengals, Titans, Jaguars, 49ers, Cardinals, Bears

New York Jets
Home: Patriots, Dolphins, Bills, Texans, Colts, Broncos, Rams, Seahawks
Away: Patriots, Dolphins, Bills, Jaguars, Titans, Steelers, Cardinals, 49ers, Vikings

AFC North
Baltimore Ravens
Home: Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Broncos, Raiders, Bills, Eagles, Commanders
Away: Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Chiefs, Chargers, Texans, Cowboys, Giants, Buccaneers

Cincinnati Bengals
Home: Ravens, Browns, Steelers, Broncos, Raiders, Patriots, Eagles, Commanders
Away: Ravens, Browns, Steelers, Chiefs, Chargers, Titans, Cowboys, Giants, Panthers

Cleveland Browns
Home: Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, Chiefs, Chargers, Dolphins, Cowboys, Giants
Away: Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, Broncos, Raiders, Jaguars, Eagles, Commanders, Saints

Pittsburgh Steelers
Home: Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Chiefs, Chargers, Jets, Giants, Cowboys
Away: Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Broncos, Raiders, Colts, Eagles, Commanders, Falcons

AFC South
Houston Texans
Home: Colts, Jaguars, Titans, Bills, Dolphins, Ravens, Bears, Lions
Away: Colts, Jaguars, Titans, Jets, Patriots, Chiefs, Packers, Vikings, Cowboys

Indianapolis Colts
Home: Texans, Jaguars, Titans, Dolphins, Bills, Steelers, Lions, Bears
Away: Texans, Jaguars, Titans, Jets, Patriots, Broncos, Giants, Packers, Vikings

Jacksonville Jaguars
Home: Texans, Colts, Titans, Patriots, Jets, Packers, Vikings, Browns
Away: Texans, Colts, Titans, Dolphins, Raiders, Bills, Eagles, Bears, Lions,

Tennessee Titans
Home: Texans, Colts, Jaguars, Patriots, Jets, Bengals, Packers, Vikings
Away: Texans, Colts, Jaguars, Dolphins, Bills, Chargers, Bears, Lions, Commanders

AFC West
Denver Broncos
Home: Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Browns, Steelers, Colts, Falcons, Panthers
Away: Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, Ravens, Bengals, Jets, Saints, Buccaneers, Seahawks

Kansas City Chiefs
Home: Broncos, Chargers, Raiders, Ravens, Bengals, Texans, Saints, Buccaneers
Away: Broncos, Chargers, Raiders, Steelers, Browns, Bills, Falcons, Panthers, 49ers

Las Vegas Raiders
Home: Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, Browns, Steelers, Jaguars, Falcons, Panthers
Away: Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, Ravens, Bengals, Dolphins, Saints, Buccaneers, Rams

Los Angeles Chargers
Home: Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders, Ravens, Bengals, Saints, Buccaneers, Titans
Away: Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders, Browns, Steelers, Patriots, Falcons, Panthers, Cardinals

NFC EAST
Dallas Cowboys
Home: Giants, Eagles, Commanders, Saints, Buccaneers, Lions, Ravens, Bengals, Texans
Away: Giants, Eagles, Commanders, Falcons, Panthers, 49ers, Browns, Steelers

New York Giants
Home: Commanders, Cowboys, Eagles, Saints, Buccaneers, Vikings, Ravens, Bengals, Colts
Away: Commanders, Cowboys, Eagles, Panthers, Falcons, Seahawks, Steelers, Browns

Philadelphia Eagles
Home: Giants, Cowboys, Commanders, Panthers, Falcons, Packers, Steelers, Browns, Jaguars
Away: Giants, Cowboys, Commanders, Rams, Saints, Buccaneers, Bengals, Ravens

Washington Commanders
Home: Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Falcons, Panthers, Bears, Browns, Steelers, Titans
Away: Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Saints, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Bengals, Ravens

NFC North
Chicago Bears
Home: Lions, Packers, Vikings, Panthers, Rams, Seahawks, Jaguars, Titans, Patriots
Away: Lions, Packers, Vikings, Cardinals, 49ers, Commanders, Texans, Colts

Detroit Lions
Home: Bears, Packers, Vikings, Buccaneers, Rams, Seahawks, Jaguars, Titans, Bills
Away: Bears, Packers, Vikings, Cowboys, Cardinals, 49ers, Texans, Colts,

Green Bay Packers
Home: Bears, Lions, Vikings, Cardinals, 49ers, Saints, Colts, Texans, Dolphins
Away: Bears, Lions, Vikings, Eagles, Rams, Seahawks, Jaguars, Titans

Minnesota Vikings
Home: Bears, Lions, Packers, Cardinals, 49ers, Falcons, Texans, Colts, Jets
Away: Bears, Lions, Packers, Rams, Seahawks, Giants, Jaguars, Titans

NFC South
Atlanta Falcons
Home: Panthers, Saints, Buccaneers, Cowboys, Giants, Seahawks, Chiefs, Chargers, Steelers
Away: Panthers, Saints, Buccaneers, Commanders, Eagles, Vikings, Broncos, Raiders

Carolina Panthers
Home: Falcons, Saints, Buccaneers, Cowboys, Giants, Cardinals, Chiefs, Chargers, Bengals
Away: Falcons, Saints, Buccaneers, Eagles, Commanders, Bears, Broncos, Raiders

New Orleans Saints
Home: Falcons, Buccaneers, Panthers, Eagles, Commanders, Rams, Broncos, Raiders, Browns
Away: Falcons, Buccaneers, Panthers, Cowboys, Giants, Packers, Chiefs, Chargers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Home: Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Eagles, 49ers, Commanders, Ravens, Broncos, Raiders
Away: Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Cowboys, Giants, Lions, Chiefs, Chargers

NFC West
Arizona Cardinals
Home: 49ers, Rams, Seahawks, Bears, Lions, Commanders, Patriots, Jets, Chargers
Away: 49ers, Rams, Seahawks, Packers, Vikings, Panthers, Dolphins, Bills

Los Angeles Rams
Home: 49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks, Packers, Vikings, Eagles, Bills, Dolphins, Raiders
Away: 49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks, Lions, Bears, Saints, Patriots, Jets

San Francisco 49ers
Home: Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks, Bears, Lions, Cowboys, Jets, Patriots, Chiefs
Away: Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks, Packers, Vikings, Buccaneers, Dolphins, Bills

Seattle Seahawks
Home: Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Packers, Vikings, Giants, Dolphins, Bills, Broncos
Away: Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Bears, Lions, Falcons, Patriots, Jets

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Hmmmmmmm, maybe I'll go to Browns @ Raiders

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Relevantly, here's a strength of schedule chart based on betting market forecasted win totals.

Falcons might just end up looking like geniuses mainly because their schedule is insanely loving easy. I mean look at that jump, no one's even close. Chargers also lucky enough to play some absolute dogs

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ravens with one of the league's toughest schedules yet again. What a surprise.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Play posted:

Relevantly, here's a strength of schedule chart based on betting market forecasted win totals.

Falcons might just end up looking like geniuses mainly because their schedule is insanely loving easy. I mean look at that jump, no one's even close. Chargers also lucky enough to play some absolute dogs

Yes, but have you considered the Falcons might Falcons things up and the possibility of Chargering?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Play posted:

NFC South sucks and we play each other twice.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pats had one of the hardest schedules last year too wtf

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Docjowles posted:

Pats had one of the hardest schedules last year too wtf

They play the Bills and Dolphins twice a year and the Jets are somehow on the up and up in comparison to the Pats. Usually the AFCW and AFCN team they pair up with is also a step or two ahead. The fact that they get to play the entire AFCS and still have such a hard SOS says more about the rest of the teams they play.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fartknocker posted:

Yes, but have you considered the Falcons might Falcons things up and the possibility of Chargering?

I hate that this image exists

Play
Apr 25, 2006

One of the interesting things to me is that the NFC West is featured basically right in the middle, one right after another. Whereas other divisions are pretty well spread out, I assume just because there is a wider range of projected totals within those divisions, plus maybe a lower range in the three bonus games from an in-division opponent, which are given out based on record from last year. I don't know I'm a bit stupid, maybe it means absolutely nothing.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Play posted:

One of the interesting things to me is that the NFC West is featured basically right in the middle, one right after another. Whereas other divisions are pretty well spread out, I assume just because there is a wider range of projected totals within those divisions, plus maybe a lower range in the three bonus games from an in-division opponent, which are given out based on record from last year. I don't know I'm a bit stupid, maybe it means absolutely nothing.

afc north has 3 of the bottom 4 teams

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

fartknocker posted:

Chargering hints at a level of competence. Falconing leans into sucking rear end in a way that does not require competence.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Thinking the Browns are gonna Brown and will have a high draft pick in 2025 now that Deshaun’s trade is done

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Poor guy realizing he's gone to a poverty franchise

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1784064030572732764

Don't worry they let him know they'd send him a bill for the cap.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

truly scintillating stuff

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I wish I got to meet a talking walrus

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

This turned up on randomwaffle:

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

sweet thursday posted:

I wish I got to meet a talking walrus

so very ditto.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

that man looked quite whelmed at those facilities

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
The Bears owe Justin Fields a creepily long apology letter

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Remember Rodgers didn't enjoy throwing to rookies anyway. Watson was in the doghouse for half a season before he finally threw to him again.

Tried putting this all together briefly, but last year Jordan Love had ~207 receptions made by rookies.

In 2022, Rodgers had 88.

In 2021, Rodgers had 1.

You could probably go back 10+ years and not find 207 receptions made by rookies under Rodgers.

The guy did not throw to rookies. Maybe that changes for the Jets and the new WR they just picked up, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Shrimpy posted:

Tried putting this all together briefly, but last year Jordan Love had ~207 receptions made by rookies.

In 2022, Rodgers had 88.

In 2021, Rodgers had 1.

You could probably go back 10+ years and not find 207 receptions made by rookies under Rodgers.

The guy did not throw to rookies. Maybe that changes for the Jets and the new WR they just picked up, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

That seems partially a function of the fact that Love was given more quality rookies to throw to.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

That seems partially a function of the fact that Love was given more quality rookies to throw to.

And less quality veterans. The year Davante Adams was drafted, 2014, both Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb had a career year.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://x.com/Jaguars/status/1785309973041349056

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Best shape of his career starting earlier than normal this year.

https://x.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1785317482284138658

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

whatever shape Vea is will always be the best shape possible, he and Michael Pierce are peak professional athlete form