Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I tried Laser Dog and it seems fine. It gets hung up on Hive Guards worse than before, but you always had to babysit it when it gets stuck on their armor anyways.

It went from “incredibly powerful must pick against bugs for at minimum 1 person on your team” to “very powerful trash clearing option” in my opinion.

I tried the Senator and really liked it. I’m not sure if it’s better than the Redeemer but it’s 100% more stylish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

sorry to break it to you all, but this game is dead now, all because shield devastators can reflect rockets. They blew all of their good will on this change!

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

I saw that video and it's very blatantly fake lol. Or just misleading

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Plasma shotgun is really fun and good against bugs now. The crossbow is not. If you liked crossbow before just use plasma shotty instead.

I need to try crossbow against bots. If it can stunlock devastators it might actually be better there overall.

Stalkers are much scarier now. At night it's legitimately hard to see them until they're close.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Bottom Liner posted:

sorry to break it to you all, but this game is dead now, all because shield devastators can reflect rockets. They blew all of their good will on this change!

TBF this is really funny

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=ht...81c6473d5baeeba

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

why are they quoting SA posters on reddit?

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

It's very obvious that something is just exploding behind them and killing them lol

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That owns. Great change.

edit: Watching more than once it obviously explodes on the shield and something else kills him. Disappointing.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Sindai posted:

That owns. Great change.

edit: Watching more than once it obviously explodes on the shield and something else kills him. Disappointing.

they should hotfix it so the shields do reflect rockets

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
I think the new senator might be kinda sick, especially paired with a shotgun/short range primary. Also I wanna try lasermaxxing with the buffed lasers, I did it once before the patch and while funny, it wasn't very good.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Stability for this patch is way down. And it wasn't very stable before!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Bullet Dog is better than the Laser Dog, it kills faster and doesn't zap your teammates. If you want a reload, you get a fresh one every time it comes off cooldown. These are just the facts.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Ouroboros posted:

I think the new senator might be kinda sick, especially paired with a shotgun/short range primary. Also I wanna try lasermaxxing with the buffed lasers, I did it once before the patch and while funny, it wasn't very good.

It is. The fast reload when empty combined with the damage buff makes it a seriously viable weapon now IMO. If you've got downtime between encounters, you can do the slow reload, but if you have to reload in combat it takes only a moment. Plus it now can reasonably reliably kill medium bugs in one or two headshots instead of needing half your loving cylinder.
I think it pairs real well with the newly buffed Arc Shotgun and a versatile support like the also-buffed Laser Cannon.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
also it's stylish as gently caress and that's what truly counts when you're down to a secondary

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

deep dish peat moss posted:

If you're taking the breaker incendiary you have mediums covered too. Brood Commanders go down pretty fast to fire and you can dump extra ammo into shooting their legs off if you want them dead ASAP, hive guards you can just shoot their belly and kill them easily with the fire dot, and stalkers are pretty easy too because you can light them on fire at a distance and they'll run away from you and if they get close you can magdump to kill them.

i think once they fix the DOT bug breaker will be better but it still doesn't work as well against hive guards. they seem to burn but it feels like i have to unload the clip onto them. if i carry non-stun grenades ill just use that.

also i just learned that apparently there are 2 charger types, 1 that shows up as the main objective on the mid-difficulty levels (called behemoths) and the normal charger.

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 30, 2024

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

They buffed the ballistic shield and haven't touched the supply pack and those are top-tier backpacks that essentially put the others to shame :shobon:

One is literal passive invincibility to almost every damage source in the game in a nearly 180 degree arc and the other is effectively infinite stims/grenades/ammo.

Do you mean the ballistic shield is top tier because I've never seen anyone use it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Ulio posted:

Do you mean the ballistic shield is top tier because I've never seen anyone use it.

It's great with the SMG primary on bots

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

Ya I haven't used it vs bots since they made it that you can use smg. Been mostly playing bugs now after playing almost exclusively bots till Mavelon Creek.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

space uncle posted:

I tried Laser Dog and it seems fine. It gets hung up on Hive Guards worse than before, but you always had to babysit it when it gets stuck on their armor anyways.

I usually run Slugger vs. bugs since it can kill Guards and green Spewers through their face armor. Tried the Blitzer today and it's pretty good for that as well. The stun power on the Blitzer is pretty nuts. I have to remember to aim overhead a bit for Brood Commanders or else I just end up pushing them back a million times.

https://i.imgur.com/7nZcrwv.mp4

Never having to reload and being limited to close range is a pretty good trade off from the Slugger's long range capability. You can interrupt Spewers mid-spit as well which is something I used to like the Slugger for. I'm gonna keep playing with the Blitzer vs. bugs for a while, when paired with the Rover you can hold off breaches really well so long as you don't get flanked by a Spewer. When a Charger shows up I just pop them with an EAT and use a stun nade if the situation calls for it.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Apr 30, 2024

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

Don't forget the stun grenades.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
There needs to be a special cape for people who used the revolver before they buffed it. So i can spot the true believers

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

I find people drastically underestimate how much work the laser dog was doing for them. It's not unusual to notice 200+ kill differences between someone using a drone on a mission and those who aren't. Sure, there's lots of other factors, but i notice it on myself when i have it mission 2 bout not mission 3.

You may be noting a difference in other conditionals as well. I’ve been on teams where we all had laser dogs and the kill leader tended to remain the kill leader.

The difference for me when I’ve been leader of the pack is never something you’d think: stun grenades. People think of them as “oh poo poo” buttons while ignoring the utility of making a LOT of enemies pile up into a relatively small area. Throwing out an air strike followed up by a stun grenade is basically muscle memory for me.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Ulio posted:

Yes. You can just leave it on your back and it will block all small arms fire hitting anywhere on your back half (very useful for running away), prevent damage and flying through the air from explosions that hit terrain anywhere to the side of you/behind you (you just ragdoll and fall to the ground instead of getting launched) - and what I learned when I started using it is that most explosions hit slightly behind you and are very rarely direct hits. It makes you virtually invincible when prone. And unlike the energy shield it can't break (well ok massive explosions like 500kgs will despawn it from your corpse sometimes) and doesn't make your hitbox bigger.

It makes it reasonably achievable to do bot missions with 0 deaths and minimal stim use on high difficulties. It feels far more useful than the energy shield against bots.

I've never actually used it in-hand with SMG or Sidearms, it just sits on my back 24/7

It might be a playstyle thing because I always play hit&run against bots but it's virtually godmode if that's your playstyle

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 30, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone find the super samples on the new map? I ran around for a bit and I didn't see the classic chicken wing they spawn on.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Mesadoram posted:

Anyone find the super samples on the new map? I ran around for a bit and I didn't see the classic chicken wing they spawn on.

I dont know if its existed in prior patches but since the patch before this I've also found super samples at a new location that has enemies on bug maps. Its one of the overgrown super sample rocks that has a square depression infront of it with some ammo and the samples

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
The shittiest unannounced change is that the little circle that shows where your barrel is aiming used to be visible but unmoving while holding a strategem in your hand, and I was using it and the regular crosshair's position relative to eachother to rangefind my throws. Now all I can do is throw by instinct.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Orbital Laser now seems to target bug holes now and close them (previously it could destroy them it if happened to pass over them but wouldn't target them)

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Yes. You can just leave it on your back and it will block all small arms fire hitting anywhere on your back half (very useful for running away), prevent damage and flying through the air from explosions that hit terrain anywhere to the side of you/behind you (you just ragdoll and fall to the ground instead of getting launched) - and what I learned when I started using it is that most explosions hit slightly behind you and are very rarely direct hits. It makes you virtually invincible when prone. And unlike the energy shield it can't break (well ok massive explosions like 500kgs will despawn it from your corpse sometimes) and doesn't make your hitbox bigger.

It makes it reasonably achievable to do bot missions with 0 deaths and minimal stim use on high difficulties. It feels far more useful than the energy shield against bots.

I've never actually used it in-hand with SMG or Sidearms, it just sits on my back 24/7

It might be a playstyle thing because I always play hit&run against bots but it's virtually godmode if that's your playstyle

I simply never show my back to the enemy because I'm not a COWARD :colbert:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Piell posted:

Orbital Laser now seems to target bug holes now and close them (previously it could destroy them it if happened to pass over them but wouldn't target them)

:sickos:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ulio posted:

It was trash tier and now it's good vs bots

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

We need a laser sentry and a laser grenade for full laser build. Maybe a laser cape too.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

laser dog is a very good boy and I will hear no arguments to the contrary

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Laser sentry would be cool def

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I really wish the bullet dog's backpack icon showed total ammo left instead of the current mag.

I know you can supposedly tell by looking at the backpack itself but I can't figure out how.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
they took away my tile scanning how will I go on?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

johnny park posted:

It's very obvious that something is just exploding behind them and killing them lol
Posted about that in response, we'll see if it gets any traction. My assumption is no because reddit's format is dogshit and rewards ragebaiting over actual information.

Sindai posted:

I really wish the bullet dog's backpack icon showed total ammo left instead of the current mag.

I know you can supposedly tell by looking at the backpack itself but I can't figure out how.
The backpack itself just has all the magazines stuck right on it, so you can see how many are left that way.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

so i just signed on and i got 7 friend requests... the oldest was 45 days ago..

i remember playing a match where everyone was nice and contributing and someone said, "hey we should all add each other".. and i never got added and i thought, "oh i guess not me"

but apparently the reason is because it bugged out and i never got those requests :smith:

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Rhymenoserous posted:

Looks like the EAT is back to being king of the AT mountain.

Always was.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Only just learned that when looking at equipment you can view stats under "career". Relevant because I saw someone who had over 600 melee kills while I have less than 30 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
Just tried a solo 5 bots with scythe and laser cannon and it kind of ruled, way better than before. Remains to be seen how it handles more of the big stuff but it feels like it's at least not totally outclassed by autocannon now.