Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Jeez, this was the breed:

And it was female too. Truly an incorrigible menace dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

The dog was mean to her because she has bad vibes

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

sharknado slashfic posted:

What do they mean by automatic emergency brakes cause mine have only ever been useful once and are actively detrimental to my driving ability

So that one time they were useful, you’re saying you were about to run over a pedestrian?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

So that one time they were useful, you’re saying you were about to run over a pedestrian?

Right of way doesn't give you the right TO GET IN MY WAY! :clint:

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1784974492302745815

"whats the deal with all these wokies not letting me date high schoolers nowadays?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"I'm comin' Elizabeth!!"

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

MAGA Tyler Moore

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Anytime someone says something like “remember the good old days of (a television show that was old 20+ years ago)”, I am convinced they are actually saying “remember the good old days when I was a child and had less stress and responsibility”

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

lol larry david continues to be the only real reason seinfeld was a watchable show.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Strong Sauce posted:

"whats the deal with all these wokies not letting me date high schoolers nowadays?

Uh, I watched a rick a Morty episode about dragons that was uncomfortably sexual.

Pretty sure you can put anything on TV these days.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

On a long enough timeline most comedians become really concerned about PC/woke culture.

Used to be you could date underage girls and nobody would care! Now because of the woke lib mob it's suddenly scrutinized! This is actually worse than the Gestapo and KGB combined!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp8tCqwushM

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah think about all those edge racial jokes on the Mary Tyler Moore show that wouldn't fly today

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Strong Sauce posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1784974492302745815

So mad he cant be a racist I guess. I would have absolutely asked in that interview what is a joke you can't tell on tv anymore but your saying in standup I bet he would be a coward about it hah.

Vire fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Apr 30, 2024

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah think about all those edge racial jokes on the Mary Tyler Moore show that wouldn't fly today

She was apparently a huge O'Reilly fan and watched a lot of FOX. I bet she'd actually be a big Trump booster TBH.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Strong Sauce posted:

unfunny gently caress was never a good comedian or actor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

my favourite number is sixteen because it's the maximum number of people who should be involved in any creative comedy process and the age of the girls i like to date aaaaaaaaaaeeee

that's right, seinfeld speaks like andrew dice clay now

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Who watches "network television" anymore? If he wants some extremist right wing poo poo he could always get a subscription to The Daily Wire.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

NoiseAnnoys posted:

lol larry david continues to be the only real reason seinfeld was a watchable show.

:owned: by LOGIC!

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Escape From Noise posted:

Many such cases!

That chyron lol

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
"why don't we have the kind of audience cohesion we used to have when there were three channels?"

he's so out of touch he thinks the lack of prime time three camera sitcoms mean television comedy is dead because you can't have an all white cast

RFC
Nov 3, 2002

FYAD.mov

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

"why don't we have the kind of audience cohesion we used to have when there were three channels?"

he's so out of touch he thinks the lack of prime time three camera sitcoms mean television comedy is dead because you can't have an all white cast

He also moans about how movies are dead because we used to all go see a movie if it was good. Almost like he's trying to get in front of something...

The article(Forbes, unfortunately) has some goofy tidbits. Like getting support from Musk so...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Bottom Liner posted:

For ages I never got Seinfeld, until I watched one of the openings with him doing stand-up, reached the conclusion 'Oh, he's a poo poo comedian, and all these people laughing is to show that the general population of New York are idiots, I get it now!' and I was able to enjoy it.

Then I found out that my conclusion wasn't supposed to be the case and I got rather confused.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

lol. he so loving dumb.

not a fan of the seinfeld appearance in the series finale of curbed though.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

He's kind of funny if you're like 9 or 70+

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

also double lol @ bitching about one's cancelation in the biggest hollywood trade paper.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

rotinaj posted:

Anytime someone says something like “remember the good old days of (a television show that was old 20+ years ago)”, I am convinced they are actually saying “remember the good old days when I was a child and had less stress and responsibility”

My personal approach whenever some says we need to go back to when America was great is to ask them to pick a year. From there you've got options, if they say 1953 then you can hit them up for wanting to undo the Civil Rights Act and Brown v Board of Education. You'll get good mileage from that.

But what has never missed is to ask them how old they were then. Before you say it, you write down "eleven" somewhere convenient. When they answer, you can show that off.

It's always a regression to childhood. Sometimes it's ten, sometimes it's twelve, but all they ever want is to go back to prepubescence when their parents, and they always had two, made everything alright.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

It's kind of hilarious that Adam fuckin Sandler is handling his gradual slide into irrelevance with more grace than Jerry Seinfeld AFAIK.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Zero VGS posted:

Jeez, this was the breed:

And it was female too. Truly an incorrigible menace dog.

that looks like a cold blooded killer 2 me

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

mllaneza posted:

My personal approach whenever some says we need to go back to when America was great is to ask them to pick a year. From there you've got options, if they say 1953 then you can hit them up for wanting to undo the Civil Rights Act and Brown v Board of Education. You'll get good mileage from that.

But what has never missed is to ask them how old they were then. Before you say it, you write down "eleven" somewhere convenient. When they answer, you can show that off.

It's always a regression to childhood. Sometimes it's ten, sometimes it's twelve, but all they ever want is to go back to prepubescence when their parents, and they always had two, made everything alright.

those people are not rational, they will just move goalposts or claim something else was better.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

NoiseAnnoys posted:

also double lol @ bitching about one's cancelation in the biggest hollywood trade paper.

With a movie you directed coining out

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

With a movie you directed coining out

Unfrosted: The truth about pop tarts that the woke cancel culture commies don't want you to know about!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

He may not know comedy writing like his friend.
He may not know comedic acting like the people who carried the sitcom bearing his name.
He may have contributed less to society than Little Jerry Seinfeld did by existing.
But by God, he's got a lot to say about the wokes and people not liking Bee Movie then turning it into a joke.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

If there's anyone who I expect has their finger on the pulse of modern comedy it's a 70 year old multimillionaire

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

free hubcaps posted:

If there's anyone who I expect has their finger on the pulse of modern comedy it's a 70 year old multimillionaire

what about a fake multimillionaire with bleached hair and oil make up

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Comedy films are dead and noone goes to theaters anymore! Also please watch my corporate shill comedy film available on streaming services.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

this is turning into a regular Festivus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Celexi posted:

what about a fake multimillionaire with bleached hair and oil make up