Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

If you want a bump kill off a bigger character like, let's say moe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
While I recognize him, I literally can't remember a single moment with that character and I watched that show religiously as a kid, and rewatched the good seasons a year ago.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lmao

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lol

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Saw this a week or so ago on the Simpsons subreddit under the heading of "fans traumatised by death of series regular" and take serious issue with anyone being traumatised by anything happening in the later seasons.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

lol

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

What about when they killed off, uhh, Mrs. Glick apparently?

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Saw this a week or so ago on the Simpsons subreddit under the heading of "fans traumatised by death of series regular" and take serious issue with anyone being traumatised by anything happening in the later seasons.

I don't know, if you're going to be traumatized by the Simpsons, the quality of pretty much everything happening in the later seasons might do it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The best part about Larry's death is that it was also by t-shirt cannon.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Lobok posted:

The best part about Larry's death is that it was also by t-shirt cannon.

Why didn't they kill Edna, the teacher Ned was having a thing with with a T-shirt cannon then should be the only way people die in the show. Retcon Bleedinggums death (did we ever see his death?).

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

What episode was it?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

codo27 posted:

What episode was it?

Every episode that season. They were inspired by South Park.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If they want to force pathos they should kill Ralph.

Using a t-shirt cannon fired by a viking.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

goatface posted:

“Oh boy, death! That’s where I’m an angel!”

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

goatface posted:

Put him in a coma, where we see him in a Vikings Uniform and he's playing football. Just completely sidestep the debate.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

pixaal posted:

Put him in a coma, where we see him in a Vikings Uniform and he's playing football. Just completely sidestep the debate.

You truly are the vi-king of kings

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

galagazombie posted:

The saddest ratings stunt I’ve ever seen. Killing a character most people didn’t even know had a name just so they can generate twitter discourse for being so transgressive that they killed a “beloved” (that most people didn’t know existed) non-character simply because he’s from when the show was good. It feels almost like bullying a puppy. At least Maude was a real character. Makes me want to watch the show less not more.

Not only that, but since he's named "Larry" a lot of old casual fans will mistakenly think that it's Lenny who died.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
RIP Jigglypuff as seen from above.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

CodfishCartographer posted:

Not only that, but since he's named "Larry" a lot of old casual fans will mistakenly think that it's Lenny who died.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Larry = dead

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The Maestro posted:

Larry = dead

Lenny = Alive
Carl = undead

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
Lenny = Larry
Leonard = Dalrymple

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

oh gently caress, Ralph is the windfish? you know what this explains the timeline.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You really should (or shouldn't) turn on that last episode just to hear how jarring everybodys voice is. Particularly Carl's. There is a funny joke involving Lovejoy though.

Its pretty easy to explain why the show has faltered. It was never like family guy where it cant stand on its own two feet without references and parodies, but that does make up a lot of the joke material, or at least inspired a lot of the content of the show. Everything sucks now and has for a long time, so there isn't really much to parody, not lovingly anyway.

codo27 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 30, 2024

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

My cousin recently had a baby so I bought her a Baby on Board sign.

A gesture/gift she has described as being witty at first, but seems less funny each time she sees it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What's the joke

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Dabir posted:

What's the joke

Turn off your monitor

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Dabir posted:

What's the joke

The Be Sharps

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dabir posted:

What's the joke

Something, something, Burt Ward.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

codo27 posted:

You really should (or shouldn't) turn on that last episode just to hear how jarring everybodys voice is. Particularly Carl's. There is a funny joke involving Lovejoy though.

Carl was recast and is now played by a black guy. They did the same thing with Dr Hibbard.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

muscles like this! posted:

Carl was recast and is now played by a black guy. They did the same thing with Dr Hibbard.

It’s funny how they didn’t even bother recasting
Apu and just retired him.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

An Indian guy working at a convenience store is so much worse than the family doctor being Bill Cosby.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
And don't get me started them casting a pig as chief wiggum

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s funny how they didn’t even bother recasting
Apu and just retired him.

Lobok posted:

An Indian guy working at a convenience store is so much worse than the family doctor being Bill Cosby.

They retired Apu because that one guy made a documentary about racist stereotypes of Indian people in American media, using Apu as his primary example and directly referencing the character in the documentary's title. Nobody did that with the black characters yet.

Incidentally, who runs the Kwik-E-Mart now? I can't be bothered to look it up.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

Incidentally, who runs the Kwik-E-Mart now? I can't be bothered to look it up.

It got bought out by the Try-N-Save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Sentient Data posted:

And don't get me started them casting a pig as chief wiggum

The Simpsons writers have no decency!