Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I'm actually surprised they fired Hakstol for the exact reasoning Friedman gives. Sure they missed this year, but hey first playoff in team history has to count for something?

Anyways Hak sucks, Bylsma sucks even more, and lol at their roster of weaponized cap space. Disaster in drafting Ron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Lord, I see what you’ve done for others and I want that for me

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

Lord, I see what you’ve done for others and I want that for me

How about Dave Hakstol head coach

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

How about Dave Hakstol head coach

He was already an assistant for this core, hard to imagine anyone wants him back

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
All these coaches being fired and the Penguins haven't even so much as gotten rid of an assistant from a staff that's missed the playoffs two years in a row and had like the 31st ranked powerplay this year

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi65kZndh-U

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

All these coaches being fired and the Penguins haven't even so much as gotten rid of an assistant from a staff that's missed the playoffs two years in a row and had like the 31st ranked powerplay this year

Just waiting for Keefe to become available.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
the Capitals were a Real Bad Team but lol, every single veteran was basically garbage, especially Ovechkin. He's worse on defense than just being on the PK and despite end of season success of just standing in the offensive zone, he's just too immobile to be an offensive threat

upside everyone under the age of 39 was pretty good, except Tom Wilson, who is just going back into straight up dumb goon mode

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Your PK sucked out loud and the McMicheal line got destroyed 5v5.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Ginette Reno posted:

They didn't re-sign any of the end of contract coaches in WBS so I wouldn't be shocked if they hire NHL ready coaching staff there.

Also I'm pretty sure Rierden is unofficially gone since they didn't renew his contract when it expired at the end of the season.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
If Keefe doesn't get another head coach offer right away after the Leafs fire him, Dubas will undoubtedly want to hire him to replace Rierden--I wonder if Sullivan will push back on that.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Eric the Mauve posted:

If Keefe doesn't get another head coach offer right away after the Leafs fire him, Dubas will undoubtedly want to hire him to replace Rierden--I wonder if Sullivan will push back on that.

It’s legit insane that Sullivan has any say in the Penguins front office decisions, guy hasn’t made it past the first round in 6 years lol

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

That's true, but the dirty little secret is that after 2018 the Penguins' talent level was strictly first/second round fodder. The back-to-back Cups and the huge names make you think they should have been contending for the Cup every year but it really hasn't been so for a while now. They have not been majorly underperforming the talent on their rosters. Very mildly underperforming at worst. IMO Sullivan has even up through this year done a perfectly fine job, strictly as a coach.

Now you can argue that the underwhelming talent is in large part because Sullivan doesn't actually understand his own system and veteranhugs to a ridiculous degree, and I will not disagree with you.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Trading away Kessel for garbage was a viciously stupid move that the team never recovered from

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Welcome Bolts!

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/frank_seravalli/status/1785142461037510943?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

If he’s asking for a trade, good luck with that Danny lol

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

It’s legit insane that Sullivan has any say in the Penguins front office decisions, guy hasn’t made it past the first round in 6 years lol

I get that two cups wins a lot of good will (as it should) but he didn't win those cups for FSG or Dubas so I dunno why they're so wedded to him.

Even if you don't wanna fire him there's no way you run it back with Reirden and Vellucci. Sullivan should get new assistants and then if they still suck the heat should be on him.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Brisson has done like, really good work for the past whatever years, so I could see a lot of players just wanting to switch on name alone.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
pretty funny that the guy with six years left on his contract switched agents

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

There were some words from Couturier's prior agent towards Torts near the end of this season regarding the benching and I think this is directly related

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/40024660/inside-coyotes-stunning-move-arizona-utah

they're not coming back

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Lmao gently caress that poo poo

Stop putting hockey in the desert my God

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

forget the NHL, how did these guys avoid getting sued by local business

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

shyduck posted:

There were some words from Couturier's prior agent towards Torts near the end of this season regarding the benching and I think this is directly related

Brendan Gallagher seems like a torts guy. And Josh Anderson played his best under torts. You can have both for Coots.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Trading away Kessel for garbage was a viciously stupid move that the team never recovered from

The snow ball started with the Reaves trade and then everything went down that slope fast. The Kessel trade and Hornqvist getting hosed over are just icing on the cake. Then the pile of UFAs that have/haven't worked that well.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
New cryptic Weekes tweet dropped with a picture of the 6th Street bridge in Pitt, is the Sully Era finally over?

https://x.com/kevinweekes/status/1785315561230025003?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://x.com/swhyno/status/1785321317769576523?s=46&t=UiTVuiDvpkwYqlzJnMDbJA

TJ Oshie sounds like he's going to LTIRire.

Dude is a Caps legend. He's broken down now but he was fantastic from 2015-2018. Still can't believe the Blues traded him for Troy Brouwer and change.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

forget the NHL, how did these guys avoid getting sued by local business

A dude known for doing that for 50 years used to be president, and might be again.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mind_Taker posted:

https://x.com/swhyno/status/1785321317769576523?s=46&t=UiTVuiDvpkwYqlzJnMDbJA

TJ Oshie sounds like he's going to LTIRire.

Dude is a Caps legend. He's broken down now but he was fantastic from 2015-2018. Still can't believe the Blues traded him for Troy Brouwer and change.

Is he going to a chiropractor? No wonder his back is all hosed

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Is he going to a chiropractor? No wonder his back is all hosed

I think he's actually an orthopedic surgeon and affiliated with USA Hockey.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
More importantly, who takes his piss jugs to the trash for him

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
It's a bit of a weird detail to provide, I don't think anyone is doubting you TJ, please stop talking about the piss bottles.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The snow ball started with the Reaves trade and then everything went down that slope fast. The Kessel trade and Hornqvist getting hosed over are just icing on the cake. Then the pile of UFAs that have/haven't worked that well.

This Jack Mother loving Johnson erasure will not stand.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

AntiDepressor posted:

Brendan Gallagher seems like a torts guy. And Josh Anderson played his best under torts. You can have both for Coots.

they can have both for free. i will shed a single tear with brendan gallagher

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Misanthrope posted:

It's a bit of a weird detail to provide, I don't think anyone is doubting you TJ, please stop talking about the piss bottles.

I think he got caught with piss bottles and is using this whole thing as a cover

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

Do you mean Stanley Cup Winner Jack Mother loving Johnson?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

New cryptic Weekes tweet dropped with a picture of the 6th Street bridge in Pitt, is the Sully Era finally over?

https://x.com/kevinweekes/status/1785315561230025003?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Weeksy needs to not get my hopes up like that

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Same. I want a shake up.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I'd take Head Coach Kevin Weekes over Sheldon fuckin' Keefe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

It isn't. Reaves was in 2017 for a 1st and Oskar Sunqvist. Additionally, Jimmy added Matt Hunwick for 3 years and 2.25 per. 8 months later Reaves is dumped for Brassard with a laundering through Vegas, but mostly important...a 1st to Ottawa that became K'andre Miller when New York traded up to grab him at 22 in 2018. The Hunwick deal was whatever but Jimmy then dumped him with Conor Sheary to Buffalo for a conditional 4th. Thennnnnn he signed JMFJ. Point being Reaves kicked off the poo poo shower. Everything since has been bleeding assets to 'fix' mistakes and then making new worse mistakes.