Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

hmm, even if this goes through does it change the enforcement or laws? No? How could joe biden do this to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

sha na ah hell naw

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

President, Social Security Works PAC. Vice Chair DNC Seniors Council. 110 Biden/Harris Events. Senior Issues Expert. Columbia Class of '68. Legendary Greaser.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

That’s barely a historic fart

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

if the jan 6th poo poo didn't happen they'd just be comparing it to occupy or the "blm riots" or whatever else it makes no difference

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol moving it to schedule 3 is an angstrom above doing nothing

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the transparent pandering is infuriating

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Weed will now be considered as dangerous and body-altering as anabolic steroids

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol moving it to schedule 3 is an angstrom above doing nothing

it's blowing a party noisemaker in your face but it makes a fart smell

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol that obama refused to even do this

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nonsense posted:

lol that obama refused to even do this

he was never in fear for his reelection as Biden is. this may be too little to late to save biden but this is the sort of stuff he needs to do if he wants to win

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

quote:

The DEA’s proposal, which still must be reviewed by the White House Office of Management and Budget, would recognize the medical uses of cannabis and acknowledge it has less potential for abuse than some of the nation’s most dangerous drugs. However, it would not legalize marijuana outright for recreational use.

The agency’s move, confirmed to the AP on Tuesday by five people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive regulatory review, clears the last significant regulatory hurdle before the agency’s biggest policy change in over 50 years can take effect.

Once OMB signs off, the DEA will take public comment on the plan to move marijuana from its current classification as a Schedule I drug, alongside heroin and LSD. It moves pot to Schedule III, alongside ketamine and some anabolic steroids, following a recommendation from the federal Health and Human Services Department. After the public-comment period the agency would publish the final rule.

better than nothing, not nearly loving enough, will please nobody. perfect Dem strategy, no notes.

also let me illustrate my confidence that OMB won't find an incredibly contrived reason to spike this:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i watched Pineapple Express (2008) last night and the first line of the film is "if marijuana is not legal within the next 5 years, I have lost all faith in humanity."

lol how's 3x that going, Seth?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

lmao @ obama ripping everyone off in 2008 and people voting for him again in 2012

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

bedpan posted:

the transparent pandering is infuriating

the worst part is the reaction of lib cheerleaders acting like these pathetic crumbs are historical sweeping change

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
i'm the billionth person to say this but you can make a far better case for alcohol being a scheduled drug at any level than you can for marijuana. the only medical uses I can think of for alcohol are for treating the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal and as a temporary antidote for methanol poisoning

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I mean yeah this poll could mean bad things for Biden, but it might also show that the 36-39 age range is extremely pro-joe, and has been for the last few years. If anything that would mean that Joe is in a better place because as this cohort gets older they're more likely to vote! They're just not included in the 2024 poll because they aged out of it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SixteenShells posted:

better than nothing, not nearly loving enough, will please nobody. perfect Dem strategy, no notes.

also let me illustrate my confidence that OMB won't find an incredibly contrived reason to spike this:

its literally nothing lol

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

WampaLord posted:

the worst part is the reaction of lib cheerleaders acting like these pathetic crumbs are historical sweeping change

That's just standard Lib marketing like when Wonder Woman came out and they all pretended she was the first female action hero

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

wonder woman using her powers to annihilate the palestinian state

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

he's actually not able to do this, according to himself, most of the people working for him, and really annoying twitter accounts

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Bunch of doubting thomases itt

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

"Less dangerous" doing all the lifting here

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rubellavator posted:

if the jan 6th poo poo didn't happen they'd just be comparing it to occupy or the "blm riots" or whatever else it makes no difference

Yeah but it's fun to argue about the fine details, maybe pretend that if no one said the magic words no one would be being brutalized.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the tardy and partial nature of these possible concessions shows that the biden administration is opposed to them and is only acting out of fear

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
we are moving it from schedule 1 to schedule 2. you are welcome.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

we are moving it from schedule 1 to schedule 2. you are welcome.

wow incremental progress! thank u libs

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

great, now weed will be as easy to buy as ketamine and anabolic steroids

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

great, now weed will be as easy to buy as ketamine and anabolic steroids

Weed dealer demographic shift to tech weirdos in spaghetti muscle tanks

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

LarsPorsenna posted:

Biden is going to be an all timer worst president. And perhaps one of the last!

100%. it's not even close in my mind. no other President has been this terrible for America in over 400 years

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Thoguh posted:

The only possible thing that could get me to vote for Trump is being so disgusted by Biden that I want to make sure that he loses extra, extra hard and we aren't there yet but man do Joe and the democrats seem to be trying.
literally what else could he do

that is not rhetorical i am asking what other vile thing could biden do that is not already happening

i honestly cannot come up with an example

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's useful as a demoralizing tool to have it be Schedule 1. It's the kind of stupid, contradictory, and obviously cruel law you encounter as young person and you either accept the ridiculous reasoning given or walk away from the system that produced it entirely.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

so ken is right wing now too?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Change is coming, Ken noticed he gets views.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

AmiYumi posted:

literally what else could he do

that is not rhetorical i am asking what other vile thing could biden do that is not already happening

i honestly cannot come up with an example

he could have the fbi round up the leaders of the student protests and charge them with terrorism enhancements just like they did to the cop city protesters. actually expecting that pretty soon

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://x.com/davidsirota/status/1785125890500022682

Whoever ITT guessed that nobody would actually get their flights refunded was right

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Cantwell and Cruz. bipartisanship when they feel it will screw over the little guy.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Cantwell has been in Congress for my state since before I was born. Seems bad.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nothus posted:

https://x.com/davidsirota/status/1785125890500022682

Whoever ITT guessed that nobody would actually get their flights refunded was right

Amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
That schedule 3 nonsense is purestrain Democrat: it lets them tell Democratic voters to shut the gently caress up about weed in a way that doesn't touch the status quo of it's quasi-legality.