Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Do you know what it is today, jack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The End should've been butt naked in MGS3 because he can photosynthesize.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I was sure this was a Udio AI creation until I saw the upload date.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

i wish mudbutt on whoever approved the cd player at every camp but quick travel phones only at some.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/Housemarque/status/1785293476034146605?t=Ye1EDBZ2_KoRiRWDJHEnvQ&s=19

:confuoot:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17KmNrG9pE4

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I’ve been hearing that many people are now calling the franchise, “return-dull.”

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

^burtle posted:

i wish mudbutt on whoever approved the cd player at every camp but quick travel phones only at some.

A powerful curse but well deserved. At least she runs super fast and you don't have to buy it with red orbs.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

exquisite tea posted:

I’ve been hearing that many people are now calling the franchise, “return-dull.”

Stay should return making sequel to their only good game.

Stardust 2 when?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

At least tease a sequel or something. Returnal was real good once you crack it open.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I still haven't played Returnal so thankfully I can't have my day ruined by this announcement.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1785293025062916384?t=bWPZxnCoBQG_0xO5Jf3UJQ&s=19

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Nex Machina > Super Stardust

and I did the ridiculous trophies on SSD back in the day, like storing 15 bombs and stuff. Those early days of trophies when they were actually brutally difficult. Resogun and Returnal are also solid, no way SSD is their "only good game"

Housemarque doesn't really do sequels much though

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I just started playing the OG God of War via the stream feature. It plays quite well even today and I prefer the combat + setting. But man I completely forgot about the sex mini game. I played this originally as a kid but I totally forgot this part.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Do you think Atreus was conceived via QTE.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

absolutely

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I like how if you fail at the sex QTE kratos says "I have no time for this!" like he totally meant to do that and it's not that you suck at virtual loving

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Knoebelbroet/status/1785270553462428067

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Jesus. I remember when they made this song and we passed it around the office like it was the biggest joke. Then they fired a ton of people in the rudest fashion. They hosted an offsite and locked the office down so nobody could get their stuff, then when people showed up to the offsite they had a reception desk and a couple of lists of names and filtered people into two large rooms, but at the time people didn't know the purpose of the meeting. Eventually they got the gist that one of the rooms was not going to be working there anymore and somehow word got out to the people still in line to get sorted. No transportation was provided back to the office where the fired folks were, after a lot of argument, allowed to send someone in to collect their stuff so they could drive home.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Good to see, feared this might have been buried by Dragons Dogma 2 but we saw week to week it was outperforming DD2 in Japan atleast.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

exquisite tea posted:

How else are you supposed to do it. Lmao.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Still a full A behind Sega and Ubisoft. Not looking good.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I am really enjoying Stellar Blade. The first few hours were a bit rough for me as I am loving terrible action games and anything that requires precise timing, but I have really hit a groove with it.

The generous checkpointing before bosses and not losing anything on death has really gone a long way to remove annoyances I would have.

Also - no stamina system. gently caress stamina systems.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1785150284886606161?t=-I8HrOXtrxF5vkYqATtNHQ&s=19

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Fix posted:

Jesus. I remember when they made this song and we passed it around the office like it was the biggest joke. Then they fired a ton of people in the rudest fashion. They hosted an offsite and locked the office down so nobody could get their stuff, then when people showed up to the offsite they had a reception desk and a couple of lists of names and filtered people into two large rooms, but at the time people didn't know the purpose of the meeting. Eventually they got the gist that one of the rooms was not going to be working there anymore and somehow word got out to the people still in line to get sorted. No transportation was provided back to the office where the fired folks were, after a lot of argument, allowed to send someone in to collect their stuff so they could drive home.

lol, holy gently caress, may a plague be upon them. someone mentioned they may have spent 50 thousand bux commissioning this, i wonder if that's true

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The new expansion machinegames did for the 2021 Quake remaster is so loving hard lol. It's great but even with quicksaves getting through some of these levels is brutal. Awesome level design though.

I love Quake 1 so much. I keep coming back to this remaster and I really think it's more fun than most modern shooters. Just no bullshit, constant shooting, great aesthetic and soundtrack, the guns feel great, everything explodes into a pile of guts. Game still rules so hard

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Megaton Musashi, a game that exists, continues to be good!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

lol, holy gently caress, may a plague be upon them. someone mentioned they may have spent 50 thousand bux commissioning this, i wonder if that's true

No idea. It was right around that time that Bruno Bonell was touring around to all the studios and talking up how Infogrames was going to be blowing up the Humongous brand, producing kids cartoons and toys and whatnot. Fast forward a few months and you've got all these super nice people, animators and the like for Freddi Fish and Pajama Sam crying in taxicabs on their way back to beg some corpo goons to fetch their bags because their keycards had been switched off.

Cool brand, Atari.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I ordered a Portal.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Aww yeah, that's some good news. Game has issues but I am enjoying my time with it overall. Super fun!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am genuinely pleasantly surprised. I liked RotR but I was so sure it was loving deaaaaaaad on arrival.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Does RotR have a parry like Wo Long?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's a parry heavy-game, yes. It's a good middle-ground between your attacks doing decent physical damage and Sekiro-like where 95% of your damage comes from critical strikes after you wear down their poise bar.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

kojima get on letterboxd and like my extremely pithy review of this film

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

Does RotR have a parry like Wo Long?

It has a dedicated parry mechanic.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Its also fairly punishing especially on higher difficulties because its impossible to spam the parry input.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

free hubcaps posted:

Megaton Musashi, a game that exists, continues to be good!

This is on my backlog to play.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

It has a dedicated parry mechanic.

nice, I'm addicted to KLANG

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
I bought DD2 and Stellar Blade, but this stupid Sand Land game that was supposed to be a quick gamefly rent and return has taken all my attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

WaltherFeng posted:

Its also fairly punishing especially on higher difficulties because its impossible to spam the parry input.

Midnight, the post-story difficulty, is just horsehit unbalanced in the enemy's favor. It exacerbates every little problem with the enemy mechanics and AI, like some midnight bosses literally spamming 20hit combos. It can take the game from you having options for how to deal with bosses to "use every stat buff and parry everything or just die". If they hadn't locked the actual NPCs' outfits (like Sana's cute kimono) behind midnight, I wouldn't be bothering beyond doing one mission for the trophy.