Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I can't shake the idea that the rescheduling will somehow gently caress with state laws somehow. I have no idea if this is possible, or reason to believe it is, except for my sense of comedic timing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

KomradeX posted:

Is the US Navy running from tbe Red Sea in defeat a funnier US history moment than Jan 6th?

The Houthis are about to find out why Americans don't have universal healthcare!

it's because our whole system is a grift and all our money goes to pay military contractors to make planes that can't fly in the rain

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

stumblebum posted:

isnt drug scheduling an entirely internal policy of the executive branch? like even the if the re-scheduling of it goes through it would have no actual binding effects on drug enforcement policy and the government is still fully able to simply treat high-melan"risk" individuals the exact same as before?

that's part of why they took this all through the bureaucracy and just made Strong Recommendations to the DEA who then rescheduled it according to their normal process. there won't be any bullshit with enforcement because the people who do the enforcement just set the new rules.

the actual issue is that enforcement on the ground does not meaningfully change with rescheduling, it only would with descheduling and decriminalization. they were already basically pretending it wasn't schedule I except in very particular circumstances and there is still a giant gap between having state-legal dispensaries and a federally scheduled drug. this eliminates some of the most absolutely stupid outcomes, but they can still raid dispensaries whether it's schedule I or schedule III because they're still not going to be above board federally.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Halloween Jack posted:

Okay, listen, I wanted to tell you this, and I was holding back because I didn't know what Barack's decision was going to be, but at this point Arab-Americans and young people have refused to vote for Joe. They're boycotting the president only because of the genocide! Money talks and bullshit walks and if the first term had been a hit, then we could have pressed on them. I'll talk to Barack and maybe we can come up with a compromise at the convention. A new candidate that we can all live with.

Lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1785130498915787211

lol

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

docbeard posted:

Why I Am Resigning From The Intercept

They never technically hired me or were aware I was in the building until recently and there's talk of a restraining order and oh poo poo security guard I have to go

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

"The Intercept has been taken over by suits who have abandoned its founding mission of fearless and adversarial journalism, and I can’t continue in an environment where fear of funders is more important than journalism itself." :thunk:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
thank God we got Rob Reiner bringing his expertise to the investigation

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
like half of rob's imdb since 1981 is some "hey remember spinal tap or all in the family?" video short and the rest are tv sitcom cameos

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1785311475873017978

Lmao.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEHvteniIc&t=17s

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

This is the way, be able to hold multiple thoughts in your brain.

Police brutality is bad and some QAnon idiot shouldn't have been shot for trespassing.

And it was also very funny that she thought only black people get shot for not complying.
It's also funny they were out there not for any just cause but for one of the two dumbest people in the country, Donald Trump, losing against the other dumbest person, Joe Biden.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

that's part of why they took this all through the bureaucracy and just made Strong Recommendations to the DEA who then rescheduled it according to their normal process. there won't be any bullshit with enforcement because the people who do the enforcement just set the new rules.

the actual issue is that enforcement on the ground does not meaningfully change with rescheduling, it only would with descheduling and decriminalization. they were already basically pretending it wasn't schedule I except in very particular circumstances and there is still a giant gap between having state-legal dispensaries and a federally scheduled drug. this eliminates some of the most absolutely stupid outcomes, but they can still raid dispensaries whether it's schedule I or schedule III because they're still not going to be above board federally.
Yeah this is silly and absolutely does not matter. I hope no one falls for it.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Our governor is running for mayor now for some reason and they choose this picture

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nichael posted:

Yeah this is silly and absolutely does not matter. I hope no one falls for it.

lol bad thread already changed their title and are acting like A) it already happened and B) this will make weed fully legal

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

laughing again at Max Boot’s name

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

WampaLord posted:

lol bad thread already changed their title and are acting like A) it already happened and B) this will make weed fully legal

No and no.

Also let's say it's magically legal tomorrow. The Nazi nation should be held accountable for the harm it caused with the drug war. How many black people have been murdered by cops due to it? This doesn't just end if it's legalized.

And get real lol it ain't legalized you little babies

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

Feeling fully unconstrained, unleashed, liberated, and normal

Foreverial tiedup delitized Klippenstein, feeling fully unconstrained, unleashed, liberated, and normal

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

It was only a matter of time before Biden started talking tough. It's not about polls or w/e, this is Joe Biden, the guy who called George Floyd protestors rioters and looters, and that police should shoot people in the leg.

https://twitter.com/JacquiHeinrich/status/1785304225431327018

I give it a couple weeks until he gives a speech demanding law and order, or else

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

WampaLord posted:

i mean yeah they are functionally brain dead

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/SenFettermanPA/status/1784982764770439605

MassTran
Feb 27, 2015

I'm on a schedule III medication and it is still a massive pain in the rear end even if it's legal via prescription. Bonus: it wasn't a scheduled drug until a push led in part by Joe Biden reclassified it

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Pussy Boss posted:

It was only a matter of time before Biden started talking tough. It's not about polls or w/e, this is Joe Biden, the guy who called George Floyd protestors rioters and looters, and that police should shoot people in the leg.

I give it a couple weeks until he gives a speech demanding law and order, or else

Hard to take "tough talk" from a doddering octogenarian who can barely talk seriously. Not that he can't back it up with militarized police, but the ruling class lost control of the Palestinian narrative months back. They're running scared because the students have the upper hand.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Fetterman too should be found guilty.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

WampaLord posted:

It's funny how obviously desperate they are to find something - anything! - to point to in support of the Biden administration. Just immediately changing the thread title to try and advertise this new talking point and hopefully get people to stop paying attention to the dang genocide.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

film it and make it a drummer gag in the next spinal tap

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

God shut the gently caress up you brain dead oaf

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

PawParole posted:

Fetterman too should be found guilty.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

hang Fetterman at the Hague with every complicit US politician

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I don't think they have ogre-sized gallows though

very problematic

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Excelzior posted:

hang Fetterman at the Hague with every complicit US politician

We'd have no politicians left.

:sickos:

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

icc sentencing fetterman to being chased into the woods by pitchfork and torch wielding villagers

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Much as I would like to believe the ICC is issuing warrants for war crimes and has deputized Ansar Allah as their marshal service...

Sorry, got distracted for a moment imagining Justified: The Universe Submits

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

It's May already.

Where are our NOJOE tags?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

holefoods posted:

icc sentencing fetterman to being chased into the woods by pitchfork and torch wielding villagers

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

The Pussy Boss posted:

what is this deputy bullshit? Why doesn't doesn't the sheriff speak?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they can't execute fetterman because no method known to man can kill the misshapen beast. hanging, poison, guns, blades, fire, water, etc. nothing can penetrate his lumpy hide. the only thing that came close was when congress passed a rule to make him wear a suit.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Jen heir rick posted:

what is this deputy bullshit? Why doesn't doesn't the sheriff speak?

either because the sheriff is incapable of speech at that moment OR so the sheriff can denounce their own subordinate if necessary

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

AmiYumi posted:

literally what else could he do

that is not rhetorical i am asking what other vile thing could biden do that is not already happening

i honestly cannot come up with an example

Trump is gonna win my state and my preference is to show support for a third party so the only reason for voting Trump would be to join a dogpile of the popular vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they can't execute fetterman because no method known to man can kill the misshapen beast.