Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nothus posted:

That schedule 3 nonsense is purestrain Democrat: it lets them tell Democratic voters to shut the gently caress up about weed in a way that doesn't touch the status quo of it's quasi-legality.

and it doesn't touch the status quo of its actual illegality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Strep Vote posted:

Jan 6 was good and Americans should regularly storm the capitol and poo poo on congressional desks until the end of this garbage republic full stop.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Rubellavator posted:

if the jan 6th poo poo didn't happen they'd just be comparing it to occupy or the "blm riots" or whatever else it makes no difference

it makes a difference inasmuch as that it's a wake-up moment for those leftists who figured that criminalizing protest was a good thing bc it was gonna be limited to silencing their political enemies.

it also makes a difference bc it's an election year in which the democrat party has hung its hat on "preserving democracy" and "defeating the fascists" yet their actions & rhetoric are proving that they're just as dangerous as the GOP and how hypocritical they are.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Jan 6 was great because it exposed that libs think you can take control of an entire nation by standing in one place long enough, like capturing a point in Call of Duty

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

bedpan posted:

and it doesn't touch the status quo of its actual illegality

Somewhat legal, depending on the circumstances, but mostly illegal

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
you all act like you couldn't hear the guy saying HILL CONTESTED every 10 seconds when that was going on

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Low Desert Punk posted:

Jan 6 was great because it exposed that libs think you can take control of an entire nation by standing in one place long enough, like capturing a point in Call of Duty

despite their insistence to the opposite they think the levers of power are real levers somewhere in dc

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

classic dem move doesnt legalize weed keeps it illegal does nothing but piss everyone off

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

ArmedZombie posted:

so ken is right wing now too?

https://twitter.com/quantian1/status/1785353888628912284

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
what about that is incorrect

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

what about that is incorrect

Hedge Fund archegoscapital.com Born 1896 Joined January 2015

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the real litmus test is going to be whether or not ken's first article is about woke dei ruining freedom of speech in the public square of american corporate slack rooms or not

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
you can't say "elites" because that's right wing you have to saying "ruling class"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

wokus dei

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

oh so thiel is paying ken too. cool.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

yeah I support Ken's lib

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
isnt drug scheduling an entirely internal policy of the executive branch? like even the if the re-scheduling of it goes through it would have no actual binding effects on drug enforcement policy and the government is still fully able to simply treat high-melan"risk" individuals the exact same as before?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

bedpan posted:

wokus dei

WoKen's Lib

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

stumblebum posted:

isnt drug scheduling an entirely internal policy of the executive branch? like even the if the re-scheduling of it goes through it would have no actual binding effects on drug enforcement policy and the government is still fully able to simply treat high-melan"risk" individuals the exact same as before?

joe biden doesn't want to do it and only arrived at this point because his numbers for november are in the toilet

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the best part even if it goes through it does nothing

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/MaryyFrost/status/1784643914743349450

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

bedpan posted:

joe biden doesn't want to do it and only arrived at this point because his numbers for november are in the toilet

he resents the idea of being remembered as "the president who legalized weed". he would rather have anything else be his legacy.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

no you loving won't shut up you fat old bitch

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I support him 100% in his decision

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

im going to camp outside his house with a flamethrower in november.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
you're already a loving millionaire just move to Canada already

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you're already a loving millionaire just move to Canada already

but he will still be thinking about donald trump while in canada and reading about donald trump every day and talking with his friends about donald trump

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Reiner said that Harvey Weinstein is a "bad guy" but Trump is "also an abuser".[16] Reiner endorsed Joe Biden for president for the 2020 election.[21]

Reiner serves on the advisory board of the Committee to Investigate Russia.[17][18] He and David Frum launched the site in September 2017 with Morgan Freeman warning people that "We are at war" and that Russia has attacked the United States.[18] Others on the committee's advisory board at the time of launch included James Clapper, Max Boot, Charles Sykes, and Norman Ornstein.[18][19] Additionally, in early November 2020, the advisory board included Evelyn Farkas, Michael Hayden, Michael Morrell, Leon Panetta, and Clint Watts.[20]

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

stumblebum posted:

Weed is meant to be legal enough to allow the upper classes to get high and profit off of it without being hassled by the cops, but still illegal enough to allow the police to use it for probable cause

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

I'm going to go back in time to 2016 to make sure he follows through

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

Reiner said that Harvey Weinstein is a "bad guy" but Trump is "also an abuser".[16] Reiner endorsed Joe Biden for president for the 2020 election.[21]

Reiner serves on the advisory board of the Committee to Investigate Russia.[17][18] He and David Frum launched the site in September 2017 with Morgan Freeman warning people that "We are at war" and that Russia has attacked the United States.[18] Others on the committee's advisory board at the time of launch included James Clapper, Max Boot, Charles Sykes, and Norman Ornstein.[18][19] Additionally, in early November 2020, the advisory board included Evelyn Farkas, Michael Hayden, Michael Morrell, Leon Panetta, and Clint Watts.[20]

lots of election denying going on here. someone should tell these people that they are just helping trump by doubting the validity of american elections

MassTran
Feb 27, 2015

Lol Joe Biden is an anti-drug warrior of course his administration is going to be stupid as gently caress about weed

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lin-Manuel Turtle posted:

Angelica:

I remember that night I just might regret that night for the rest of my days
I remember those soldier boys tripping over themselves to win our praise.
I remember that dreamlike candlelight like a dream that you can't quite place.
But Alexander I'll never forget the first time I saw your face.

After several people said it was good I tried listened to this actual song.

I think my main issue is that LMM himself really loving sucks at singing. It's good that he doesn't do most of the singing in this song, but every time he pops up it just ruins the vibes.

It also feels weird to write a musical where you're the main character and then write a song about how passionately other characters love you. I looked this up out of curiosity, and it seems like some historians speculate about there having been an affair, but one of the lines from the song is derived from a much later real-life letter (where she mentions Eliza sharing her husband) that was most likely just playful joking rather than "this woman having a bone-deep yearning for our brilliant, sexy, perfect protagonist Lin-Manuel MirandaHamilton."

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

well now I'm definitely voting for Trump

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Okay, listen, I wanted to tell you this, and I was holding back because I didn't know what Barack's decision was going to be, but at this point Arab-Americans and young people have refused to vote for Joe. They're boycotting the president only because of the genocide! Money talks and bullshit walks and if the first term had been a hit, then we could have pressed on them. I'll talk to Barack and maybe we can come up with a compromise at the convention. A new candidate that we can all live with.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

it was very funny

This is the way, be able to hold multiple thoughts in your brain.

Police brutality is bad and some QAnon idiot shouldn't have been shot for trespassing.

And it was also very funny that she thought only black people get shot for not complying.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

stumblebum posted:

biden could do the goku legalize weed meme if he wanted to lol but he's a dipshit racist so he won't

loving piece of poo poo president

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SixteenShells posted:

better than nothing, not nearly loving enough, will please nobody. perfect Dem strategy, no notes.

also let me illustrate my confidence that OMB won't find an incredibly contrived reason to spike this:

How long is the public comment period?

Are they even going to get this done before Joe is out of office?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

ackshually supporting the genocidaire is ~harm reduction~ :smug:

The "harm reduction" stuff is funny, because this is like someone saying that "using two dirty needles to inject heroin is harm reduction, because you could be using three dirty needles instead."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

"the bright blue flame indicates this was a particularly obnoxious Reiner"