Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

spacetoaster posted:

It's May already.

Where are our NOJOE tags?

I already voted uncommitted in the primary and im probably gonna vote PSL in the general :sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Excelzior posted:

I don't think they have ogre-sized gallows though

very problematic

theyre going to have to deal with him like topsy the elephant

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Imagine a super hard right-wing c-spam starting a country, those are the founding fathers.

But the only one i really hate is Jefferson. Jefferson would probably fit in with c-spam though.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

The "harm reduction" stuff is funny, because this is like someone saying that "using two dirty needles to inject heroin is harm reduction, because you could be using three dirty needles instead."

Wow so the youth really does want to use three dirty needles smh the school system has failed the next generation

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Imagine a super hard right-wing c-spam starting a country, those are the founding fathers.

But the only one i really hate is Jefferson. Jefferson would probably fit in with c-spam though.

the guy who spends all day writing about how he feels bad about his class position - why do you think he would fit in here??

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

WampaLord posted:

lol bad thread already changed their title and are acting like A) it already happened and B) this will make weed fully legal

also by the time the rule is actually published in the federal register it will be well within the period that will let the next congress undo it through the CRA:

quote:

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IF/IF10023

The CRA (codified at 5 U.S.C. §§801-808) is a tool Congress can use to overturn certain federal agency actions. The CRA was enacted as part of the Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act in 1996
What happens if Congress adjourns before the CRA
introduction or action periods end? If, within 60 session (Senate) or legislative (House) days after a rule is submitted, Congress adjourns its session sine die, the
periods to introduce and act on a disapproval resolution described above reoccur in their entirety in the next session of Congress, beginning in each chamber on the 15th day of Senate session and the 15th House legislative day. This “lookback” provision is intended to ensure that Congress
will have the full periods contemplated by the act to disapprove a rule regardless of when it is received. The lookback provision may hold particular import in years in which there is a change in party control of the presidency.

What happens when a CRA joint resolution of disapproval is enacted? A rule that is the subject of an enacted CRA joint resolution of disapproval goes out of effect immediately if the rule has already taken effect when the resolution of disapproval is enacted and “shall be treated as though such rule had never taken effect.” If the rule has not yet gone into effect when the resolution of disapproval is enacted, it will not take effect.

In addition, a rule subject to an enacted joint resolution of disapproval “may not be reissued in substantially the same form, and a new rule that is substantially the same … may not be issued, unless the reissued or new rule is specifically authorized by a law enacted after the date of the joint resolution.” The CRA does not define the scope of substantially the same or state who should make such a determination. To date, two rules have been reissued following disapproval under the CRA. In both cases, the agencies looked to the legislative history of the disapproval resolution that overturned the rule to understand Congress’s specific objections. The agencies then focused on changing those aspects of each rule when reissuing them.

So because the Biden-Harris Administration has dragged their feet on this for so long. they've not only made it trivial for it to get undone if Biden loses, but if it does get undone, the DEA will never be able to reschedule weed again without an act of Congress.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Al! posted:

theyre going to have to deal with him like topsy the elephant

i was thinking like that episode of The Simpsons where Lisa has a dream sequence of Homer dying and needing to be buried in a piano crate

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/jonathanchait/status/1785389630914805939

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

also by the time the rule is actually published in the federal register it will be well within the period that will let the next congress undo it through the CRA:

So because the Biden-Harris Administration has dragged their feet on this for so long. they've not only made it trivial for it to get undone if Biden loses, but if it does get undone, the DEA will never be able to reschedule weed again without an act of Congress.

All according to keikaku

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nichael posted:

It's also funny they were out there not for any just cause but for one of the two dumbest people in the country, Donald Trump, losing against the other dumbest person, Joe Biden.

And also that both candidates are pretty much the same.

The inverse of "I'm voting for Joe Biden in 24 so all the terrible things that are going on don't happen"

"I'm storming the capitol for Trump so all the terrible things that will keep happening under Biden anyway will continue"

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

Trabisnikof posted:

that's why you gotta VBNMW

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they can't execute fetterman because no method known to man can kill the misshapen beast. hanging, poison, guns, blades, fire, water, etc. nothing can penetrate his lumpy hide. the only thing that came close was when congress passed a rule to make him wear a suit.

In Horizon Forbidden West the creature they find in Thebes wasn't actually Ted Faro - it was Fetterman

One time this guy was babysitting me as a kid and I mistakenly broke one of his Exo-Squad action figures and he called me a "dip"

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they can't execute fetterman because no method known to man can kill the misshapen beast. hanging, poison, guns, blades, fire, water, etc. nothing can penetrate his lumpy hide. the only thing that came close was when congress passed a rule to make him wear a suit.

only silver or magical weapons can harm a Fetterman

also they regenerate 1 hit die per round

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

And also that both candidates are pretty much the same.

The inverse of "I'm voting for Joe Biden in 24 so all the terrible things that are going on don't happen"

"I'm storming the capitol for Trump so all the terrible things that will keep happening under Biden anyway will continue"

I know, it's funny all around. I can't get hung up on the specifics of the event or its "deeper meaning" because lmao at all of it holy poo poo. Funniest day in American history... Maybe history period? There's not a single lesson from it.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the weed thing is entirely buchanan joe and kamala hate weed and they did this dumb stupid poo poo and only pisses off everyone

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nichael posted:

I know, it's funny all around. I can't get hung up on the specifics of the event or its "deeper meaning" because lmao at all of it holy poo poo. Funniest day in American history... Maybe history period? There's not a single lesson from it.

yeah

like it would be one thing if he actually did the stuff they wanted but he didn't lock her up nor did he build the wall. absolute dullards to go to the mat for him. but then, that's his whole thing: being charismatic enough that dullards go to the mat for him even when it makes no sense.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

It's May already.

Where are our NOJOE tags?

It's too soon to talk about N.O.Joe tags, got to wait for polling to be predictive

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

guys... this is like the most sacred place

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nichael posted:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
go home. i love you, you're very special, go home

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

Wow weird how do they keep making mistakes like this, whoopsie!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the funnier timeline trump wins and actually legalizes weed

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

the funnier timeline trump wins and actually legalizes weed

He was already president and he doubled down on law and order bullshit

This is the other side of the coin from libs imagining he's going to declare himself dictator this time

E: you are 100% correct about how funny it would be though

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

This is the other side of the coin from libs imagining he's going to declare himself dictator this time

no it isn't it's not anyone saying they actually believe that will happen its "hey wouldn't this be funny" and yeah, it would be

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

no it isn't it's not anyone saying they actually believe that will happen its "hey wouldn't this be funny" and yeah, it would be

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

yeah

like it would be one thing if he actually did the stuff they wanted but he didn't lock her up nor did he build the wall. absolute dullards to go to the mat for him. but then, that's his whole thing: being charismatic enough that dullards go to the mat for him even when it makes no sense.

Took Biden to build the wall

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nichael posted:

lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

E: you are 100% correct about how funny it would be though

Trump part 2 will just be another reagan administration, like everyone else. none of this loving matters.

in regards to Palestine, I just particularly loathe Biden and resent that he acts like he's empathetic while at least Trump is honest that he's a monster. none of this actually matters though.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

for the folks at home ken resigned over the intercept's retalation for his story of the biden administration's hypocrisy [the worst part] on palestinian statehood

this resignation mirrors glenn because the intercept pushed back on a story embarrassing for biden

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1785347603049164962

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1785393030142243034

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1785350543818346603

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1785381684436697576

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

thank you glenn

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
why arent students protesting war in ukraine? hypocrites

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nichael posted:

Trump part 2 will just be another reagan administration, like everyone else. none of this loving matters.

in regards to Palestine, I just particularly loathe Biden and resent that he acts like he's empathetic while at least Trump is honest that he's a monster. none of this actually matters though.

Does he act empathetic or is it the useless fan base that keeps saying he is while he eats another ice cream and feels up an 8 year old

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

KomradeX posted:

Does he act empathetic or is it the useless fan base that keeps saying he is while he eats another ice cream and feels up an 8 year old

Sometimes he does, but in addition to being a lovely president, he's a lovely actor

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

KomradeX posted:

his marketing has been empathy since his wife plowed into the truck. of course people just lap it up too.

I'll be honest though, I understand why a lot of people believe it. the truth, that there is no one coming to say you, and virtually everyone in power does not give a poo poo, is a very disturbing way to live. it doesn't exactly help with my own lifelong depression. but I'd rather be aware of it than sequester myself to silly fantasies. I can do that just fine with Dragon Age or Fallout.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

*banging fists on table* SCHEDULE III! SCHEDULE III!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gentleman..... BEHOLD!!!!

~uwu~ my son died :qq: :qq: 👉👈🥺

steve: but you gave him his cancer by voting for the iraq war

dr weird: I KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
they're gonna create schedule 1.5 to drop it down to lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

insane clown pussy posted:

*banging fists on table* SCHEDULE III! SCHEDULE III!

before or after they ban cigarettes