Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

i used to work at an airport for billionaires. they dont bring drugs with them because there's still security and theres always plenty wherever they're going. really it seems like they buy private planes just to take their little making GBS threads dogs on vacation with them

ya just couldn't let us riff on the airport from Wings being a CIA front could you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
New Kendrick Lamar diss track dropped. Kinda too long and low energy, but some of the lines are alright once he gets to it. Takes so long to get to naming and shaming his target: Drake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAuYLMxLkKE

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bro Dad posted:

i used to work at an airport for billionaires. they dont bring drugs with them because there's still security and theres always plenty wherever they're going. really it seems like they buy private planes just to take their little making GBS threads dogs on vacation with them

Colonel, how are you doing? Planning on running for Senator again?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
rappers are always talking about how they don't go through TSA when they fly private jets.

are the rappers lying to us?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

there's still a metal detector and someone going through bags

if you wanna smuggle poo poo just use a regular airport nobody gives a poo poo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

there's still a metal detector and someone going through bags

if you wanna smuggle poo poo just use a regular airport nobody gives a poo poo

smdh

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
juiceWRLD only got found out because a pilot saw something and ratted him out. security can't be too tight.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

ya just couldn't let us riff on the airport from Wings being a CIA front could you?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

juiceWRLD only got found out because a pilot saw something and ratted him out. security can't be too tight.

bro ive seen people step off the plane in a cloud of weed smoke, security is two(maybe) guys only there to look for weapons

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

To bring this around to pop culture stuff - I saw a broadway show for the first time a few weeks ago and I have been overtaken by the desire to learn more about musicals.
Apart from Sound of Music, Cabaret, and Chicago which we just watched (and the classic Blues Brothers) what's next

Something about The Music Man really calls to me, and The King and I
anybody got any favorites they want to love on

Phantom of The Paradise. I think it might be kind of a cult hit around the forums, but if you already seen it a while ago its fun to check out again.

Carburetors man...that's what life is all about.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Fighting Elegy posted:

Phantom of The Paradise. I think it might be kind of a cult hit around the forums, but if you already seen it a while ago its fun to check out again.

hell yes

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

bro ive seen people step off the plane in a cloud of weed smoke, security is two(maybe) guys only there to look for weapons

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 17:55 on Apr 30, 2024

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i used to watch Wings when i was a kid but i'd always get disappointed they weren't showing the airplane and change the channel

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The "Tonight on Wings... Eh, who cares?" joke on the Simpsons was disinformation? Just how deep is this rabbit hole?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

docbeard posted:

The "Tonight on Wings... Eh, who cares?" joke on the Simpsons was disinformation? Just how deep is this rabbit hole?

lmfao

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Golden Eighties was a very fun musical

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Bro Dad posted:

so when you say they're not bringing drugs on the plane you don't mean weed then.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

celebrities get arrested all the time for carrying weed and guns on planes or driving around LA. they're just arrested, and then they get their stuff back, except the weed.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

New Kendrick Lamar diss track dropped. Kinda too long and low energy, but some of the lines are alright once he gets to it. Takes so long to get to naming and shaming his target: Drake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAuYLMxLkKE

they've been going back and forth for a while now, not really a mystery who he's going after

also, it's great lol

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

so when you say they're not bringing drugs on the plane you don't mean weed then.

correct. there's some stories of pilots having to fly with masks on depending who they're carrying

also you can buy coke anywhere these days thanks to europeans so its not worth getting busted

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

docbeard posted:

Yeah, this could be fun if he brings some Legends of Tomorrow energy to it.

Oh poo poo that’s the guy? Yeah, this could be legitimately good then.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

has anyone watched season 2 of tokyo vice?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

To bring this around to pop culture stuff - I saw a broadway show for the first time a few weeks ago and I have been overtaken by the desire to learn more about musicals.
Apart from Sound of Music, Cabaret, and Chicago which we just watched (and the classic Blues Brothers) what's next

Something about The Music Man really calls to me, and The King and I
anybody got any favorites they want to love on

There's a(n official) recording of Into The Woods with Hannah Waddingham as the witch that's worth tracking down. It's filmed as a stage show, but they set it outside and the characters are all homeless. It's pretty good.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

fun fact everyone who flies private is still logged and has their information electronically checked. there are no similar rules for ships which is why nobody flies anywhere with their prostitutes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

has anyone watched season 2 of tokyo vice?

sort of. my wife watches it and ive caught most episodes. its a fun trashy show and its always funny watching the white people on that show trying to scheme

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Abel stays winning

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1785015670322946233

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

this means that by purchasing any of The Weeknd's songs or skins in Fortnite, you have supported Gaza

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Nonsense posted:

celebrities get arrested all the time for carrying weed and guns on planes or driving around LA. they're just arrested, and then they get their stuff back, except the weed.

are you a celeb?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A couple days ago I got a night off from parenting and proceeded to get high as balls and watch John Wick 4.

Hot take: I think John Wick might actually be supposed to have some sort of mental handicap? He speaks very little, appears to be just barely keeping up with conversation when he does, and all his quips are him saying something like "NOT REALLY" or "YEAH" or "MAYBE NOT" and there's a dramatic music sting as though he had just dropped the most badass line in history. This interpretation of the character did not cross my mind in any of the previous three but it seemed to actually make the most sense for this one??? Maybe it was just the weed I dunno

Maybe this part was also just the weed but I'm not really sure why John Wick went to the Osaka Continental in Act One. Everyone is repeatedly telling him and each other that him showing up is just gonna get them all killed and he's like "I'M SORRY" but doesn't like leave or anything, until the attack happens and everybody else except the owner and the concierge are all dead and the owner's like "ok we've made our point now leave" and Wick is like "NO. I'LL STAY WITH YOU." and the owner is like "John just please loving leave" and Wick is like "OKAY." and then he moves on to act two.

Act Two, aka the part that's in Paris, felt like a video game all the way through but I actually liked that. There's, like, a level at every major Paris landmark, each with its own level design gimmick, and when John Wick defeats all the enemies he moves on to the next one and the Warriors radio DJ lady narrates the cutscene while the level loads. The sequence on the Sacre Coeur steps in particular was pretty badass.

Anyway, in summary, the dialogue was super cheesy, cinematography and fight choreography were both pretty good, the new characters (the Osakans, the Marquis, Mr Nobody, and Caine) were all extremely cool, the whole duel concept in particular was hokey as gently caress but it fit the Marquis' character pretty well and the payoff worked for me. Not high cinema but good spectacle and worked just fine for what I needed it for (weed entertainment)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

this means that by purchasing any of The Weeknd's songs or skins in Fortnite, you have supported Gaza

I've watched his American Dad episode a lot so I'm doing my part.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

A couple days ago I got a night off from parenting and proceeded to get high as balls and watch John Wick 4.

Hot take: I think John Wick might actually be supposed to have some sort of mental handicap? He speaks very little, appears to be just barely keeping up with conversation when he does, and all his quips are him saying something like "NOT REALLY" or "YEAH" or "MAYBE NOT" and there's a dramatic music sting as though he had just dropped the most badass line in history. This interpretation of the character did not cross my mind in any of the previous three but it seemed to actually make the most sense for this one??? Maybe it was just the weed I dunno

it's keanu

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just now watched the John Wick 5 trailer for the first time (trump_touching_ear.png) and uh I guess they're just sort of like abandoning continuity or narrative stakes?

like, the entire point of the second half of the fourth movie was "John Wick risks everything to clear his name and finally end the manhunt, and succeeds, but makes the ultimate sacrifice in doing so", and the premise of the fifth movie is apparently "John Wick isn't actually dead and the High Table still wants to kill him," so, like, I guess literally nothing from part 4 mattered??? Caine saved his daughter I guess. Good for him. These movies are basically self-contained sitcom episodes with barely a connection to each other at this point. They basically set up a "gangster of the week" type format in number 4 with the whole "if you kill Marquis they'll just replace him again and again as many times as it takes" idea, then messed it up with the ending of that movie, then I guess just decided to go ahead with it anyway lol

e: nb someone made an AI trailer a couple weeks ago and it was quite convincing lol

loquacius has issued a correction as of 21:07 on Apr 30, 2024

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nichael posted:

it's keanu

Hey Keanu has done Shakespeare

Not, like, well or anything, but still

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
"i think the viewer is supposed to see john wick as retarded" a take only the something awful forums could produce

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

[Pop Culture] I think John Wick might actually be supposed to have some sort of mental handicap?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I know it's a hot take but I stand by it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
People keep asking me if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now I've read the note pinned to my sweater and yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

loquacius posted:

Just now watched the John Wick 5 trailer for the first time (trump_touching_ear.png) and uh I guess they're just sort of like abandoning continuity or narrative stakes?

like, the entire point of the second half of the fourth movie was "John Wick risks everything to clear his name and finally end the manhunt, and succeeds, but makes the ultimate sacrifice in doing so", and the premise of the fifth movie is apparently "John Wick isn't actually dead and the High Table still wants to kill him," so, like, I guess literally nothing from part 4 mattered??? Caine saved his daughter I guess. Good for him. These movies are basically self-contained sitcom episodes with barely a connection to each other at this point. They basically set up a "gangster of the week" type format in number 4 with the whole "if you kill Marquis they'll just replace him again and again as many times as it takes" idea, then messed it up with the ending of that movie, then I guess just decided to go ahead with it anyway lol

Ballerina takes place between 3 and 4

It's not technically breaking the rules to just make endless interstitial movies

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

"i think the viewer is supposed to see john wick as retarded" a take only the something awful forums could produce

(Laudatory)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

keanu is a very sweet video game boy who is correct. it is always arasaka.