Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I have a friend couple who are both teachers that volunteered for the Dems and are delegates in Wisconsin who decided that they are Jill stein voters after the Gaza protests.
Biden is cooked lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

that’s right

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://x.com/jfrickuga/status/1785364401672843416

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RC Cola posted:

I have a friend couple who are both teachers that volunteered for the Dems and are delegates in Wisconsin who decided that they are Jill stein voters after the Gaza protests.
Biden is cooked lmao

The national College Democrats issued a statement today standing with students and denouncing Biden. The party is so toast. Thank god, finally.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The College Democrats put out a statement in solidarity over Columbia and correctly say that a genocide is happening in Gaza
https://twitter.com/CollegeDems/status/1785304793721737225?t=SSb5HhPgbfPinSGTHmcgQQ&s=19

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

god drat thats embarrassing that even the college dems are turning on him

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

RC Cola posted:

Biden is cooked lmao

My never trump Republican dad is vaguely considering it lmao

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I had a tennant at work tell me this mroning that the Columbia studnets took 3 maintenance workers hostage. I just had to act like wow no I didn't hear that, thats crazy. She than went off compalaining about these kids and their 60k tuition and how they should know better. I don't know where people come up with this poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mainstream media.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

KomradeX posted:

I had a tennant at work tell me this mroning that the Columbia studnets took 3 maintenance workers hostage. I just had to act like wow no I didn't hear that, thats crazy. She than went off compalaining about these kids and their 60k tuition and how they should know better. I don't know where people come up with this poo poo

In Training posted:

Mainstream media.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Cal Poly Humboldt faculty member who was arrested is refusing bail and going on hunger strike until all charges are dropped

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

In Training posted:

Mainstream media.

Enemies of the people

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Ace Transmuter posted:

Cal Poly Humboldt faculty member who was arrested is refusing bail and going on hunger strike until all charges are dropped

poo poo, baller

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

The College Democrats put out a statement in solidarity over Columbia and correctly say that a genocide is happening in Gaza
https://twitter.com/CollegeDems/status/1785304793721737225?t=SSb5HhPgbfPinSGTHmcgQQ&s=19

Note that this is the more conservative group compared to Young Democrats lol

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

PawParole posted:

Note that this is the more conservative group compared to Young Democrats lol

have the young democrats released any statement?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

bedpan posted:

have the young democrats released any statement?

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonCHI/status/1785041321830252700?t=aRlBKNrAR98IJ6Sw3zvEdQ&s=19

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Democrats: what if we tell the administration to arrest all the students and faculty

Republicans: what if we arrest all the students, faculty, and administration
https://twitter.com/SpeakerJohnson/status/1785327092244078851?t=ljznEzL-k719nQDmhS7eng&s=19

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

Democrats: what if we tell the administration to arrest all the students and faculty

https://twitter.com/SpeakerJohnson/status/1785327092244078851?t=ljznEzL-k719nQDmhS7eng&s=19

now this is podracing bipartisanship

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/deephousegibbon/status/1785061981847744525

the kids are so good and it’s making the worst people seethe

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Mandel Brotset posted:

perhaps there is some kind of deeper resolution to this failure of both parties

the common ruin of the contending classes, looks like

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

RC Cola posted:

Biden is cooked lmao

Israel's actions are a complete albatross around the Dem's neck and the only way to resolve it is to just step away from directly aiding them. Make a big show of cutting off the military aid before Rafah gets invaded and go "This is way beyond what we signed up for." and they might earn some voters back.

Except they won't do that for whatever reason. They legit can't even though every single political calculus tells them they should (nevermind human compassion). It is mindboggling in how stupid it is. There is legit nothing to gain by supporting the attacks, strategic or otherwise.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Atrocious Joe posted:

it's violence all the way down

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

evilmiera posted:

Israel's actions are a complete albatross around the Dem's neck and the only way to resolve it is to just step away from directly aiding them. Make a big show of cutting off the military aid before Rafah gets invaded and go "This is way beyond what we signed up for." and they might earn some voters back.

Except they won't do that for whatever reason. They legit can't even though every single political calculus tells them they should (nevermind human compassion). It is mindboggling in how stupid it is. There is legit nothing to gain by supporting the attacks, strategic or otherwise.

There's everything to lose. The entire world system depends on the middle east being just the right amount of unstable and the Muslim world being politically divided, and Israel is essential to that. They will kill themselves politically first and turn to fascism before they change.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
the issue is that fundamentally Biden is a rabid zionist to the core of his very being so he literally cant do anything other than what hes doing now because it would go against every racist bone in his body. who cares if trump wins the next election? his god, israel, mist be served no matter what.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

the issue is that fundamentally Biden is a rabid zionist to the core of his very being so he literally cant do anything other than what hes doing now because it would go against every racist bone in his body. who cares if trump wins the next election? his god, israel, mist be served no matter what.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

evilmiera posted:

biden and his party's political calculus is they like bombing brown people

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Butter Activities posted:

There's everything to lose. The entire world system depends on the middle east being just the right amount of unstable and the Muslim world being politically divided, and Israel is essential to that. They will kill themselves politically first and turn to fascism before they change.

But the best way to get the middle east stable is to give them a very specific enemy they can actually reach without too much effort, and the Muslim world gets less and less divided the more war crimes Israel commits. Israel has stopped being essential ages ago and is now just a complete clusterfuck of an ally that just makes things worse for the US, not for its enemies. And nevermind what Biden himself thinks, his staff knows these facts as well. Are they just silently panicking at their boss loving it all up or are their heads collectively in the sand thinking its still the 20th century?

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Ace Transmuter posted:

Cal Poly Humboldt was fully swept at like 4am. 35 students and faculty arrested, including a dear friend of mine. Arrested "without incident" but still charging them with assaulting officers. President issues first direct statement to campus all year to congratulate cops. gently caress this

I don't want to engage in 'no investigation, no right to speak' but I'm kinda confused at the situation. It seemed that when the Cal Poly students occupied the buildings the cops could not force them out, but last night it looks like they left the occupied buildings to hold a fortified point on the quad? I'm curious as to why, since it seems to me like they were at their strongest inside the fortified buildings. Leaving them seems like a kind of odd strategic decision, so I'm curious as to what the rationale behind it was.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Al-Saqr posted:

He also doesn't believe that democrat voters would refuse to vote for him because he's TOO supportive of israel. That has just never been a political reality until now.

How Darwinian
Feb 27, 2011

Butter Activities posted:

Not to mention, if the Dems are seen to move an inch in reaction to their base then the jig is up. Biden's presidential project has been to oversee the rollback of the surge in benefits and government support that Covid brought on. If protest (particularly organized, and increasingly destructive protest) is perceived as having forced the Dems to cave to popular demand, then the Dems can expect people to capitalize on that success and start raising hell to fix the million other lovely things in this country.

Come to think of it, if the can ride this out and get to the election without giving anything up, then they can just blame the loss on the protests can repeat the cycle of promising to solve the problems once they have power again. Some voters may be lost for good, but things will continue to get worse under Trump, and Americans have the memory of a goldfish, so who knows?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Forcibly taking land is not peaceful, it is wrong :ironicat:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/melanienewport/status/1785365910632468726?t=NAFHdj7WtjHl0nFUSAemFA&s=19
https://twitter.com/BTnewsroom/status/1785324816053997905?t=t60Tu94KAWZW3kxl15WkFg&s=19
https://twitter.com/peoplesfabric/status/1785003028132561213?t=aGeFDw98sPF60v00g9Obig&s=19

These campus cops are something

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

mcmagic posted:

He also doesn't believe that democrat voters would refuse to vote for him because he's TOO supportive of israel. That has just never been a political reality until now.

i have never seen a president destroy their chance for re-election. he is really banking on the "do you really want trump back in office?" when he barely won the last election

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i want the protestors to detain a cop(s)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

RoboBoogie posted:

i have never seen a president destroy their chance for re-election. he is really banking on the "do you really want trump back in office?" when he barely won the last election

"but the republicans are worse!" is the democrats best political argument.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Lib and let die posted:

i want to see Biden drop a JDAM on a university campus.

Holy poo poo.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

RoboBoogie posted:

i have never seen a president destroy their chance for re-election.

he never had a chance actually

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

evilmiera posted:

the Democrats want every Palestinian dead

the genocide is the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
17 percent
18 to 25