Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

John Yossarian posted:

What's infuriating about this is that I'm pretty sure Trump and the rest of the GOP hate muslims. Do they honestly think Trump would treat them better? I feel like we've crosses over into bizzaro world and nothing makes any sense.

One answer could be that a non-interventionist and isolationist GOP presidency would do less harm to the Middle-East than a "well meaning" but interventionist Democrat presidency. I don't know that Trump is making that argument, but that's what I'd if I wanted to sell the idea.

Whether that would be good or bad for the Middle-East over all is up for debate but technically speaking it wouldn't be the USA doing the damage anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

The mods said no more incest posting!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

John Yossarian posted:

What's infuriating about this is that I'm pretty sure Trump and the rest of the GOP hate muslims. Do they honestly think Trump would treat them better? I feel like we've crosses over into bizzaro world and nothing makes any sense.

Sometimes in politics you, have to pick the guy you know you can bully.
Dems are much more bully-able then republicans.
Give a republicans enough power and they will use their base to genocide/enslave a majority of the world.

Dems, because they a collection of non-republican groups, don't have that ability.

But if a person keeps on talking up the gop when they are in a obviously dangerous situation of playing with fire:
They are either fully 100% brainmushed;
Think they can be one of the "good-one," with a lot of power;
Or think they can grift some money and get out.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

MoatsArt posted:

the khaki pants threw me off

To be fair, there is a lot of overlap.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Lord Harbor posted:

The mods said no more incest posting!

This is not a picture of a family.
It is a picture of monster that evolved to look like a family, to draw in its pray and eat them.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

Pook Good Mook posted:

A large block of Muslims are desperate to vote for Republicans for their social/culture war positions. It's not dissimilar from the huge swath of Hispanic voters who are more motivated by social conservative than racial identity.

I think there's probably more going on too. Just as a random example, my Filipino neighbors are incredibly mad at the Democrats for the open border, and they blame Biden as well. They recently became citizens, and the idea of "anyone showing up from whatever country via the Mexican border and getting free housing, etc." without having to go through the lengthy process they went through to become citizens, is something I think they would very much vote Trump for. Maybe even single issue vote against their own best interests, too.

Anyway, here's to hoping tomorrow brings more trial lols.

ianskate fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 1, 2024

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Anecdotal, but almost all the Filipinos I knew (and there were tons of them in my ex’s family and circle of friends) were pretty gaga over Duterte.

So it’s not a great leap to imagine them also loving Strongman Trump.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

MrMojok posted:

Anecdotal, but almost all the Filipinos I knew (and there were tons of them in my ex’s family and circle of friends) were pretty gaga over Duterte.

So it’s not a great leap to imagine them also loving Strongman Trump.

That sounds... Ugh. I'll have to somehow work that into a conversation and test the waters.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Escape From Noise posted:

Well at least he got to work with Mark "Wally" Wahlberg in that movie with the teddy bear that cursed and drank.

Mark Wahlburg beat a man near todeath becausehe had the temerity to be non white.

And to tgis day hast even said sorry.

gently caress MARK WAHLBERG

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

One answer could be that a non-interventionist and isolationist GOP presidency would do less harm to the Middle-East than a "well meaning" but interventionist Democrat presidency. I don't know that Trump is making that argument, but that's what I'd if I wanted to sell the idea.

Whether that would be good or bad for the Middle-East over all is up for debate but technically speaking it wouldn't be the USA doing the damage anymore.

The problem with this argument is that we know for a fact that isn't the kind of president Trump would be because he was already President for 4 years and did poo poo like assassinate people to try to make himself feel like he was as important as Obama, and the support for Israel isn't going to vanish (and if anything would get more rabid) because it makes money and feeds into people's weird ideas.

Like if it was a hypothetical empty suit Republican, yeah, maybe you could argue. (Though I'd doubt it.) It isn't though. It's Trump. He is a known quantity. If you are voting for him it is because you want what he offers.

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
If Trump wins he'll let Israel do whatver it wants, even if that means the eradication of Palestine. I remember Jared Kushner's big idea was to let Israel take all the land it wanted, and it return Palestine would get some money. That was it. It just drives me nuts how uniformed voters are.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Accepting Hispanic voters in the GOP was part of Karl Rove's "permanent republican majority" plan. W even tried. Their base simply won't have it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

John Yossarian posted:

If Trump wins he'll let Israel do whatver it wants, even if that means the eradication of Palestine. I remember Jared Kushner's big idea was to let Israel take all the land it wanted, and it return Palestine would get some money. That was it. It just drives me nuts how uniformed voters are.
Well, see, it’s about sending a message. To who? I don’t know. But a message, like a tweet, is more real than a million live humans could ever be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ianskate posted:

I think there's probably more going on too. Just as a random example, my Filipino neighbors are incredibly mad at the Democrats for the open border, and they blame Biden as well. They recently became citizens, and the idea of "anyone showing up from whatever country via the Mexican border and getting free housing, etc." without having to go through the lengthy process they went through to become citizens, is something I think they would very much vote Trump for. Maybe even single issue vote against their own best interests, too.

There's a Filipino cafe/bar downtown and driving by it the other day their outdoor area has a pro Trump sign on the inside of the fence.

slandergoose
Jun 24, 2023

ianskate posted:

My mom is like your neighbors. Being an immigrant during soviet era Lithuania the prospect of immigrants coming over the Mexican boarded really bothers her, not enough to vote R but it's her biggest issue with the democrat party.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

John Yossarian posted:

I remember Jared Kushner's big idea was to let Israel take all the land it wanted

Second only to "Maybe Covid is good thing if it's blossoming through blue states". And then, quelle horreur, the infrastructure of red states began suffering the battle. That guy's evil and incompetence are easily war crimes.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Data Graham posted:

Hey all my companions in lols,

I hope this is not contrary to SA etiquette, but I think this is as good a place as any to announce that an old and dear friend of mine is :siren: RUNNING FOR THE WASHINGTON STATE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES :siren: and needs campaign donations and support!

https://www.janetfordistrict42.com

Help gently caress some poo poo up!

you scoundrel! grassroots political activism has NO PLACE in the trump lol thread!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

John Yossarian posted:

They're already loving doing that and he's doing gently caress all about it

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013

John Wick of Dogs posted:

They're already loving doing that and he's doing gently caress all about it

Do you mean Biden isn't doing anything? If so, yeah, he's not doing anything. :(

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

kazil posted:

lol he's so whiney

Trump: "We won that case on statute of limitations"

You're not supposed to just come out and say that. You're supposed to leave the 'it took too long' defense to your lawyers or the catholic archbishops. You are supposed to shut the gently caress up or claim you're loving innocent even if nobody believes you. Even OJ Simpson went with If I did it. You can't even bother with that, lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

are the police arresting a marching band? what is that

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Scags McDouglas posted:

Second only to "Maybe Covid is good thing if it's blossoming through blue states". And then, quelle horreur, the infrastructure of red states began suffering the battle. That guy's evil and incompetence are easily war crimes.

Kushner: I'll assemble a team of MBAs to solve the vaccine distribution problem!

RECOMMENDATION: Have the military do it! Fly it to each state then let the states figure it out from there

wow nice job everyone, we are so smart

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Apparently Trump got on HANNITY and said the Israelis should just kill all the Palestinians, which is mostly a grim lol over immediately murdering a possibly fruitful wedge issue

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

are the police arresting a marching band? what is that

i think they're about to beat down some protesters

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Junk posted:

i think they're about to beat down some protesters

Seems bad

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
DJT is 'truthing' now, and I'm having a hell of hard time making up my mind:

Will he make it through the night without violating the gag order?

Is he playing one dimensional checkers or just completely out of his gourd?

Will trump see a news segment on tv that triggers him?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
this might actually be the best Trump photo

https://twitter.com/GaryPetersonUSA/status/1785287886687858930

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

looking into it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Remember when Trump had John Bolton frothing at the mouth to invade Iran? Or when aides had to distract him with the gorilla channel or w/e because he REALLY wanted to nuke North Korea? Yeah…

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Remember when Trump had John Bolton frothing at the mouth to invade Iran? Or when aides had to distract him with the gorilla channel or w/e because he REALLY wanted to nuke North Korea? Yeah…
Can’t believe Joe Biden would let John Bolton into his administration

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Captain Beans posted:

Kushner: I'll assemble a team of MBAs to solve the vaccine distribution problem!

RECOMMENDATION: Have the military do it! Fly it to each state then let the states figure it out from there

wow nice job everyone, we are so smart

Ah yes the visible and clearly rotting, plague ridden hand of the free market

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Wait omg lmao what

Where does he think melania is from?

And I mean the artist, we already know Trump has no loving clue

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

cr0y posted:

Wait omg lmao what

Where does he think melania is from?

And I mean the artist, we already know Trump has no loving clue

(This is a fake shitposting account)

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010
Do we have to do the whole "introducing Gary Peterson to the thread" thing again?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

introducing yet another gary peterson tangent in the thread should be at least a sixer

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Gary Peterson is the Colt 45 of troll accounts: works everytime

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

HKR posted:

introducing yet another gary peterson tangent in the thread should be at least a sixer

dont you dare gary peterson is a treasure

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/k1llacourt/status/1785371807077355821

I don't know why it's green but it's the thought that counts.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Someone post pufferfish Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Nessus posted:

Apparently Trump got on HANNITY and said the Israelis should just kill all the Palestinians, which is mostly a grim lol over immediately murdering a possibly fruitful wedge issue

uh like recently? is there a clip?