Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Safety Dance posted:

I vaguely remember having a bottle of something like this at one point. I thought it was pretty okay.

basically just tastes like chocolate milk with a fruity after taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Vakal posted:

basically just tastes like chocolate milk with a fruity after taste

Sounds bad, Todd

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

Wow, it's like somebody bottled my migraine!

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The real curse is its calorie content

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Vakal posted:

The real curse is its calorie content

Curse? Or simple, delicious way to get my calories for the day?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Chocolate Malōrt fountain :allears:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

TotalLossBrain posted:

Chocolate Malōrt fountain :allears:

:yeshaha:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Chocolate Balute

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Bald Stalin posted:

A not complete 700ml 14% made you puke? Must be a cheap night when you go out drinking

Nah it's just disgusting.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

some goons exploding violently from both ends immediately upon exposure to some mediocre flavored wine for occasional drinkers. other goons delighting in the malort fountain. all of them posting through it

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Literally A Person posted:

Someone gave a bottle of this to my wife and I as a gift. :wtfdude:

I'm not quite sure how to tell you this this, but: they purposely gave you a gift wrong, as a joke.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

thepopmonster posted:

I'm not quite sure how to tell you this this, but: they purposely gave you a gift wrong, as a joke.

Those rapscallions! :monocle:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

No, Gift means Poison in German, it still tracks

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Scanners classic brain blow up NSFW

https://i.imgur.com/aZ74V8j.gif

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Captain Hygiene posted:

10 servings before you hit the gym

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

redshirt posted:

yo wtf did that guy die?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

flubber nuts posted:

yo wtf did that guy die?

Prognosis: Yes

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Captain Hygiene posted:

Alcohol is not good calories. Your body can't use them for anything and they're actively detrimental to both muscle development and healthy weight loss.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Maybe not, with that attitude

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Dutch Chocolate

I've never seen Dutch chocolate used as a marketing hook, maybe they thought people would confuse it for Belgian.

Now the reasons why Belgium became such a big name in cocoa, that's some real cursed history right there.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It is made in a dutch oven.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

ReelBigLizard posted:

Dutch Chocolate

I've never seen Dutch chocolate used as a marketing hook, maybe they thought people would confuse it for Belgian.

Now the reasons why Belgium became such a big name in cocoa, that's some real cursed history right there.

I finally read the Wikipedia article on what happened in Congo and it is truly, truly heinous. Europeans literally created a market for severed human hands because they wanted more rubber/chocolate?? Slaves sold openly for eating, including white men eating children, humans with their ankles broken tied to stakes immersed in the river up to their necks for 4 days to make them "plump" before slaughter...

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

redshirt posted:

I miss head explosions in movies. They’re so rare these days and when they do show up now it’s always lovely CGI and blood plugins that looks terrible from the moment you see it. This though looks amazing even 40+ years removed from the day the movie was released.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

that's a bigger red flag than pom bears and werther's originals

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

Alcohol is not good calories. Your body can't use them for anything
a cursed superstition

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

They built the pyramids on beer and pub cheese and pita chips

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

I. M. Gei posted:

Alcohol is not good calories. Your body can't use them for anything and they're actively detrimental to both muscle development and healthy weight loss.

If your body can’t use the calories how are they detrimental for weight loss?

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

ReelBigLizard posted:

Dutch Chocolate

Dutch in Dutch chocolate is a process, not a country, as in the chocolate that is dutched at the factory is a significantly different product than non-dutched chocolate. Natural cocoa is lighter in color and more chocolaty in flavor. Dutched cocoa is darker, sometimes much darker like in an Oreo, and less chocolatey in flavor.

Iirc dutching takes some fat out of the chocolate, so you are generally left with crispier chocolate products when the recipe uses dutched chocolate, like crispy cookies. Natural has more cocoa fat and thus produces squishier products, like brownies or gooey lava cakes. I know there is a difference in crispiness but I might have them reversed.

Edit: here watch this to learn about dutched vs non-dutched chocolate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-59aMuG92Q

That wine looks vile.

BigHead fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 1, 2024

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
I've heard red wine and coca cola is a drink some people like. I'm tempted to try it.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

computer angel posted:

I've heard red wine and coca cola is a drink some people like. I'm tempted to try it.

spain’s third greatest sin

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
alcohol isn't good for you imo. out of all the things ive had to get clean/sober from booze was the one i didn't miss at all. but that red wine chocolate poo poo looks like satan ate a bunch of wine moms and poo poo right into the bottle

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

R.L. Stine posted:

alcohol isn't good for you imo.

wait, what?!?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

computer angel posted:

Kalimotxo, and it's my favorite outside-in-summer drink (that or a Modelo chelada). You can buy 2-liters of it in Barcelona. Make sure you add ice!

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Montague Tigg posted:

wait, what?!?

that's what i said too. but those are the facts

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Alcohol is not bad for weight loss per se, but when you drink alcohol you also eat entire bags of cheese and ranch dressing, which is bad for weight loss.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

computer angel posted:

Weird but tbf our go-to summer beverage is rioja+ginger ale on ice. loving so drat good.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i got a bottle of that chocolate wine stuff for my wedding and it gave me one of the weirdest hangovers I’ve ever experienced

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Alcohol can help you poo poo and piss some weight away.
just not in a pleasant of healthy way..

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Alcohol is preferentially metabolized meaning that other sources of nutrition get stored as fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Ergo best weight loss diet is alcoholism ala Nicholas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas.