Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Subjunctive posted:

"proscribed", my friend

oh no :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Trabant posted:

Nuts, I forgot one snow thing:

https://i.imgur.com/8JR8FHU.mp4

The "pppbbbbtthhh" makes this for me.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
These videos just make me want to go skiing again. I bought a pair of snowblades during the lockdown and I still haven't had a chance to hurt myself with them.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Trabant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WyLhwYFgmk&t=33s

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Trabant posted:

A couple of years after we graduated, a kid from my high school did this except it was on a snowmobile on a residential street and in the middle of summer. One of the dudes recording him for some kind of jackass-wannabe show threw a cup of gasoline on him as he went through the ring. He died in hospital a couple of weeks later with burns over 80% of his body.

But it's OK, he was always suspected to have been involved in, but never charged for, the stomping death of a much-loved local lawyer who was trying to break up a house party a number of years earlier.

smalltowns.txt

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/fl360aero/status/1785049132505379238

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I bet that was a fun phone call to make.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

we had a couple seasons where the writers were out to lunch but the writing the last season has been pretty irony pilled

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Now those are some loving LONG odds.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

freeedr posted:

Now those are some loving LONG odds.

it's a message from god

he's saying "lmao"

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

I’d just like to point out that that Ocean Survival Raft does not seem to have fared very well at all in the ocean, the environment which it is designed to endure to protect its human passengers. Little detail that’s really niggling at my mind, not sure why.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I think it’s been in there longer than it’s rated for, plus the plane is 33 years old so it’s more a Delta issue than a Boeing one…but man, the poetry is sublime.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Subjunctive posted:

I think it’s been in there longer than it’s rated for, plus the plane is 33 years old so it’s more a Delta issue than a Boeing one…but man, the poetry is sublime.

You have good points, but I’d still like to point out that

Subjunctive posted:

longer than it’s rated for

had better be a lot longer than a person is rated for on the open ocean, all things considered.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Don't worry too much, Sully is remembered because there have been near 0 successful airliners ditched* in water much deeper than you can stand in.

*on purpose

For Content:

Genius captain of JAL flight 2 manages to successfully land about 2 miles short of the runway in the San Fransisco Bay. When asked by the NTSB how, he replied

quote:

"As you Americans say, I hosed up."

Everyone survived and the DC-8 went on to fly for another 20 years.

nomad2020 has a new favorite as of 05:08 on May 1, 2024

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

it's going to be so loving funny to see the airlines fight this out with Boeing about who did or didn't read the manual or make it with all the appropriate content

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

nomad2020 posted:

Don't worry too much, Sully is remembered because there have been near 0 successful airliners ditched* in water much deeper than you can stand in.

*on purpose

Well yeah now I’m not worried at all, dope

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Faustian Bargain posted:

holy poo poo everyone should wear a helmet when snowboarding. how did you think that was a good idea?

I got a real bad concussion snowboarding with a helmet on 12 years ago and now I have trouble managing my emotions. What did helmets ever do for me?

J/k I'd probably have drained my family's finances through a series of in-home nurses to feed me and wipe my butt and ended up in a care facility.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

C.M. Kruger posted:

Some dumbass drove a 1-of-1-of-500 super car like a Ford Mustang driver leaving Cars and Coffee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLvI8h9e6Yw

quote:

24k gold exhaust shield

Ok actually just :guillotine:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I am neither a religious nor a superstitious man, but that's some cosmic level bullshit, right there.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

madmatt112 posted:

I’d just like to point out that that Ocean Survival Raft does not seem to have fared very well at all in the ocean, the environment which it is designed to endure to protect its human passengers. Little detail that’s really niggling at my mind, not sure why.

It's right there in the name, the ocean survived the impact just fine!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Takes No Damage posted:

Weirdly it's not a vanity thing, it's an engineering decision

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

the definition of "lackadaisical"...
I thought that was a bike for people with depression.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

ilmucche posted:

The kind of engineering decision that made marc bolan drive a rolls-royce for it was good for his voice

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Large portions of the aircrfat have become whistleblowers, hear them whistle as they fall off.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

The kind of engineering decision that made marc bolan drive a rolls-royce for it was good for his voice

I have no idea who that is

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

ilmucche posted:

I have no idea who that is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Bolan

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Idgi it says he didn't drive

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

ilmucche posted:

The McLaren F1 was the most famous for having a gold plated engine bay, but it's really like $1000-$1500 worth of gold.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Takes No Damage posted:

24 karat, not $24,000.

You can get it even in, like, thermal barrier tape form. Like duct tape.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
everyone knows you gotta mod in AWD in your McLarens, much more newbie friendly and would have prevented that slide off

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

ilmucche posted:

Idgi it says he didn't drive

It was a line in a song he wrote.

He didn't drive though, you're right about that, because he was afraid he'd crash and die young. Instead his girlfriend Gloria Jones (who sang the original version of Tainted Love) crashed his car and killed him.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Takes No Damage posted:

You can buy rolls of it from a ton of places. It's not that rare. There's way more egregious items to delete their head over.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Takes No Damage posted:

lol

https://www.thermotec.com/product/24k-heat-barrier-gold-heat-barrier-adhesive-thermo-tec

$US25.54 for 15’

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok that poo poo goes on my rear end, now

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Why would the poo poo be going on an rear end?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
24k mirror shine gold buttocks my friend

E: like I'm shab shaba ranks

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

madmatt112 posted:

It's not designed to be ripped off the aircraft at 500 MPH and fall thounds of feet into the ocean.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
:hmmyes: