Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

More like an....overBASS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
These puns are pretty crappie.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That was quite the "hog sucker"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cocaine Bear posted:

That was quite the "hog sucker"

nobody rides for free

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
gas, grass, or bass

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

Humphreys posted:

Is this supposed to be a video? Also LOL at 'POV'

Mute it because it's tik tok:
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7344389726872374570

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/6NqU899.mp4

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Video clips of South Asian manufacturing pop up on Imgur and there are always comments like 'Wow, so cool to see this stuff being made.' and it's always some dude between the ages of 10 and 60 with no PPE, or even actual shoes, surrounded by garbage in some cramped windowless cell. The stuff being made isn't the takeaway but I think people don't give a poo poo, it's so depressing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

"What makes those bricks stick together?"

"Gravity, dude. Friction."

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

BlackIronHeart posted:

Video clips of South Asian manufacturing pop up on Imgur and there are always comments like 'Wow, so cool to see this stuff being made.' and it's always some dude between the ages of 10 and 60 with no PPE, or even actual shoes, surrounded by garbage in some cramped windowless cell. The stuff being made isn't the takeaway but I think people don't give a poo poo, it's so depressing.

a lot of people have blocked out the human cost of such manufacturing because there's not really anything to be done about it. it's horrible but without a nearly impossible amount of reform and investment it's not going to change. instead they focus on how awesome and badass it is to see complex manufacturing done without machinery or safety standards, because the alternative is to fall into a deep pit of depression over how most of the things we have and most of the food we eat were made possible through slave labor or something very close to it

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

anyway

https://i.imgur.com/G6CwlsH.mp4

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
What is that? A well?

I like seeing how things have been done for hundreds and thousands of years, but as a historical example of human ingenuity. Nowadays anybody doing that kind of job anywhere should be able to have safety equipment though.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Thread mascot

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

deoju posted:

What is that? A well?

I like seeing how things have been done for hundreds and thousands of years, but as a historical example of human ingenuity. Nowadays anybody doing that kind of job anywhere should be able to have safety equipment though.

Yeah, even Guédelon Castle has safety fencing and hard hats and they're actively trying to build a castle likes it's the summer of 1353.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnxARVtn6m0

PaleIrishGuy
Feb 5, 2004
Pale as paper

deoju posted:

What is that? A well?

Pretty sure its a firing pit for those bricks. He's stacking them for airflow, so that is probably going to be filled with wood/charcoal/coal, lit, and left to burn for a while. And even if its not for the bricks themselves, really seems like a firing pit for something.

PaleIrishGuy fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 1, 2024

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

PaleIrishGuy posted:

Pretty sure its a firing pit for those bricks. He's stacking them for airflow, so that is probably going to be filled with wood/charcoal/coal, lit, and left to burn for a while. And even if its not for the bricks themselves, really seems like a firing pit for something.

Very large clambake

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

OSHA Violations

1. No Safety sandals
2. No cigarette

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Spotted behind my shop today. Kinda hard to see in the shot but one of the rear (drive) wheels on the forklift was de-laminating ie. the rubber was cracked and hanging half off the wheel and making a clunk sound with every revolution. When trying to do small, precise movements it would get hung up and the driver would gun it to get past the resistance, causing the load to swing wildly. That's a huge slab of engineered countertop they're moving too so double-OSHA?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Need a mashup of this video and every time he turns his head it cuts to some sort of OSHA disaster like he's the safety supervisor looking around at his domain.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

biznatchio posted:

Need a mashup of this video and every time he turns his head it cuts to some sort of OSHA disaster like he's the safety supervisor looking around at his domain.

https://i.imgur.com/78aiUmE.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:yeshaha:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol better than that beardo dude

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Perfect in every way

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

:perfect:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

:swoon:

ESDK
Oct 10, 2007

drat, that´s a cool dog :cheersdoge: :dukedog:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

PaleIrishGuy posted:

So removing them from the well full of ash afterwards is probably going to be even more hazardous?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

:nfpa:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

quote:

I got an excavator licence with HD Hyundai Infracore

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new boast for the list. It has power.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

How have I never seen this smiley

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Eminem: I use Black&Decker.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Ain't no hawk gonna touch lil buddy here he's protected

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

bizwank posted:

Spotted behind my shop today. Kinda hard to see in the shot but one of the rear (drive) wheels on the forklift was de-laminating ie. the rubber was cracked and hanging half off the wheel and making a clunk sound with every revolution. When trying to do small, precise movements it would get hung up and the driver would gun it to get past the resistance, causing the load to swing wildly. That's a huge slab of engineered countertop they're moving too so double-OSHA?

It's probably fine. Look at cloud face dude. He seems unconcerned.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

tremendous content

Unperson_47 posted:

How have I never seen this smiley

we got a gang tag around here somewhere too

e: apparently it's on page 1

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Truckfucklers gang tag:

though looking at it now i wonder if i should make an updated version

Kith fucked around with this message at 12:49 on May 1, 2024

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the first and second ones got me like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK nah

https://i.imgur.com/qmWZngg.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

No, that's Polish kielbasa.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Its okay, all those chains will suck the oxygen out of the room for you.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.io/Y4vm6Pt.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

my cat taunting the robot vaccum