Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Mystic Stylez posted:

whatever shape Vea is will always be the best shape possible, he and Michael Pierce are peak professional athlete form

So what is the best shape? I'm thinking hexagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Falcons picked up Kyle Pitts' fifth year option.

Mystic Stylez posted:

whatever shape Vea is will always be the best shape possible, he and Michael Pierce are peak professional athlete form

And Poona Ford

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mystic Stylez posted:

Current professional athlete, maybe. All time is a tie between Jared Lorenzen, Vince Wilfork, and dad-bod Eli Manning with his red pail on the beach. Honorable mention to Phil Kessel.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Play posted:

Falcons picked up Kyle Pitts' fifth year option.

And Poona Ford

You are forgetting a certain other all time elite athlete

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I appreciate the page celebrating the best athletes to play in the NFL

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1785338327899464079?t=-K7BGuhPBMgoQwtwpP-3pg&s=19

I was curious if they would pick it up. He's underwhelmed a bit so far but on the other hand he's been steadily improving since he was drafted and *~advanced stats~* say he was good last season. Also was set back by lots of injuries. Let's see

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 30, 2024

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

wandler20 posted:

Best shape of his career starting earlier than normal this year.

https://x.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1785317482284138658

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

That seems partially a function of the fact that Love was given more quality rookies to throw to.

If Rodgers had quality rookies we'd never know because he did not throw to them.

And while there was a lot of new receiving talent on the Packers last year, 39 receptions were to UDFAs or 7th round draft picks.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think it’s probably more notable the players whose 5th year options aren’t picked up so then we can lol at them and their teams.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

5 years is too long to make beans. Should be 3 with a 4th year option

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

But then again I'm a man of the people

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Waddle and Phillips had theirs picked up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Waddle and Phillips had theirs picked up.

Slater as well

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Docjowles posted:

You are forgetting a certain other all time elite athlete

'DTs with ludicrously massive bellies' is literally my favorite subcategory of football players

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kalli posted:

Poor guy realizing he's gone to a poverty franchise

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1784064030572732764

Don't worry they let him know they'd send him a bill for the cap.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
"Literally glows!"
...Yeah, lights'll do that.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

7-11 locker room

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
And what have those glowing lockers gotten Texas lately hmm

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Rhombicosidodecahedron, obviously. Some people.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shrimpy posted:

If Rodgers had quality rookies we'd never know because he did not throw to them.

And while there was a lot of new receiving talent on the Packers last year, 39 receptions were to UDFAs or 7th round draft picks.

Love threw to rookies a lot because there were a lot of rookie pass catchers on the field. The snap counts for WR/TE went Doubs/Kraft/Reed/Musgrave/Wicks/Watson/Melton. Rodgers always had other options, Love really didn’t.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That being said Rodgers was known to go to established receivers because as he got older Rodgers got a lot more risk averse.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

lighting the outside edge of the locker seems way less functional and convenient than having recessed light fixtures inside the locker

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Seems superior to a 1990s study hall highschool room in a basement with tiny windows and red carpet but what do I know

by the way the lack of renovation should tell you everything you need to know about the Chiefs staying at Arrowhead in Independence the one time meth capital of the world.

They are moving to Kansas I'm telling you now. There is a section of Missourians who are gonna be piisssed

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Are bengals still charging players for extra towels

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

kiimo posted:

Seems superior to a 1990s study hall highschool room in a basement with tiny windows and red carpet but what do I know

by the way the lack of renovation should tell you everything you need to know about the Chiefs staying at Arrowhead in Independence the one time meth capital of the world.

They are moving to Kansas I'm telling you now. There is a section of Missourians who are gonna be piisssed

As a person that lives a few blocks away from the sports complex I really don't blame either if they move out of the state. The development around the area might be the worst of any stadium in the US. It's actually gotten significantly worse the last couple of years.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Part of the issue with KC is there aren't a lot of natural barriers to urban sprawl and while other cities are literally forced to renovate what they have because it's limited real estate there's nothing but wide open space so it's cheaper in KC to just build new around the fringes and abandon the center. I don't know if there's really a solution either. Some places are worth investing in to renew the area. Independence isn't one of them.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Love threw to rookies a lot because there were a lot of rookie pass catchers on the field. The snap counts for WR/TE went Doubs/Kraft/Reed/Musgrave/Wicks/Watson/Melton. Rodgers always had other options, Love really didn’t.

Yes, which is why I excluded all of them (except Melton) the post you're quoting.

The only reason Rodgers threw to rookies in 2022 is because they were the only pass catchers on the field.

I don't know why "Rodgers doesn't throw to rookies" is controversial after watching him drag Lazard and Cobb to the Jets.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Are bengals still charging players for extra towels

they have to return the towels also or get double charged. and they get food vouchers that come out of their pay whether they use them or not

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cavauro posted:

they have to return the towels also or get double charged. and they get food vouchers that come out of their pay whether they use them or not

But every once in a while you get Ocho Cinco's towel so bonus there (you know which one)

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
The Hard Knocks with Cincinnati made them look horrible.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the uniforms of the bengals are made out of stinking dehydrated urine as well as sickly p00p. that's why it looks that way

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

The Bengals paid them in scrip?

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Docjowles posted:

Pats had one of the hardest schedules last year too wtf

The fourth place teams we're playing are the Chargers, Bengals, and Bears. The former 2 had QB injuries last year and will probably be better this season and the latter just had the first and ninth picks in the draft. It was really an unfortunate year to be 4th in the division SoS wise.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shrimpy posted:

Yes, which is why I excluded all of them (except Melton) the post you're quoting.

The only reason Rodgers threw to rookies in 2022 is because they were the only pass catchers on the field.

I don't know why "Rodgers doesn't throw to rookies" is controversial after watching him drag Lazard and Cobb to the Jets.

It’s not controversial but trying to draw a distinction with Love being more willing to throw to rookies seems pointless because Love only has rookies to throw to.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Ouroboros

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Acebuckeye13 posted:

the more i think about hexs after civ5 and civ6, the less i like em.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

does anyone want to sign tyler boyd. i feel bad for him and he could tell you little details about the bengals offense to complete your understanding. he has six thousand yards and drops the easy ones soimetimes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he only has 47 million dollars to last a lifetime. maybe even less now, or more depending on what he has done. i'm just looking to talk about football players and the game of football with anybody around

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Cavauro posted:

does anyone want to sign tyler boyd. i feel bad for him and he could tell you little details about the bengals offense to complete your understanding. he has six thousand yards and drops the easy ones soimetimes

I don’t want this year’s Bengals FA WR. I want next year’s Bengals FA WR.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Cavauro posted:

it's a very Ravens type of player to sign, there's still hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

tyler boyd should come home and play at heinz field again and also be my best friend