Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

While I agree with the message of this one, sadly I have to nominate it for Kellies Nomination: Too Many Words. Surely a cartoonist of Kelly's talent like Ward Sutton could condense all of this down to a couple of sentences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Looks like those clowns in The World have done it again!

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
How far are we from "campus protests are a Soros plot"

idonotlikepeas posted:

Monte Wolverton

No loving way this isn't the artist's fetish

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 1, 2024

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

The Islamic Shock posted:

How far are we from "campus protests are a Soros plot"
-2 days

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Vib Rib posted:

Wow! They don't even know why they're there?? And they're only showing up because someone told them to?? AND they admitted it to reporters? Ha ha holy poo poo, loving destroyed! I assume this is a real thing that happened, take that liberals.
I know "make up a scenario and just have your political opponents announce that they're villains and idiots" is like, the fundamental core of all political cartooning, but Gamble feels like he just doesn't understand it at all. There's no spin or sauce or subtlety, literally just draws his enemies going "we are dumb and stupid, and also, we're wrong!" and calls it a day. All his cartoons are this, just standing about and announcing things as plainly as possible.

"Good news. Imagine if they knew all the other horrendous poo poo our government was doing."

This video has the magasphere losing their minds.

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1783154103947862364

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

The Islamic Shock posted:

No loving way this isn't the artist's fetish

It's Wolverton, so you have to phrase it as "he loooooves death women in doghouses."

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

I know I'm late to this, but...

Look at this writing. Look at this art. Seriously, look at it. This is a day’s work for not one, but TWO professional cartoonists. This the work of two guys who are immune to competition, whose job security is ironclad not by virtue of the quality of their work but by avoiding ruffling the wrong feathers, who block other writers and artists from coming up and achieving wider discoverability and success. This isn’t just deemed “acceptable;” this is the entrenched front-and-center mainstream of slice-of-life comics in this country.

Forget anger. This is downright depressing.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Why are these college students all in there mid 60's?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

First Paynes I've seen in a while that didn't have a random swipe at EVs.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
The Four horsemen of the Politoon Apocalypse:
-Debt
-Gizmos
-College Students/Youths
-Wife

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
NO!! GENOCIDE -OR BARBICIDE!

I swear these people are completely mentally incapable of representing what the signs at these protests actually say. To repeat a clever comment I saw, every leftist can convincingly emulate a conservative and no conservative can convincingly emulate a leftist.

(although they probably are pretty capable of emulating a NIMBY San Francisco shitlib since that's what they think we all are)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"on one hand free speech is important, on the other violence is bad, on the third hand free speech is important, on the fourth hand violence is bad"

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 1, 2024

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Political Cartoons 2024: Just here for the keffiyehs

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Discendo Vox posted:

Political Cartoons 2024: Just here for the keffiyehs
I had to look up that and Barbicide to be honest. What's his issue with hair, is this a dirty hippies angle

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Indigenous groups are standing side by side with campus protestors and the Palestinian people against colonization and imperialist violence. A good cartoon.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Speleothing posted:

Indigenous groups are standing side by side with campus protestors and the Palestinian people against colonization and imperialist violence. A good cartoon.

Kellies nomination: Best AGC interpretation

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson’s May Day: a message for the politicians of Britain – They say a rising tide lifts all boats. But what if it’s a rising tide of disasters?"

Telegraph:

Sex is biological fact, NHS declares in landmark shift against gender ideology

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

London mayoral election race electrified by final poll showing Sadiq Khan lead over Susan Hall smallest so far

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Kellies Nomination: Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy

It's so lazy it's insulting.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

"Catch-As-Catch-Vatican"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"Catch-As-Catch-Vatican"

I think this one is too subtle. Like, it's one of the ones you'd see your fundie relative post unironically on their Facebook.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Australian government pledges almost $1bn to help women leave violent relationships (Guardian). "‘Leaving violence payment’ of $5,000 will help women escape abusive relationships with money for services, risk assessments and safety planning". Pope's pointing out what that means in a housing crisis.

Rowe:

Immigration minister Andrew Giles and home affairs Clare O'Neill who are again facing pressure from the opposition and the media to resign after a Perth home invasion by one of the detainees released after the High Court decision they were unlawfully detained.

Wilcox:

Spooner:

Once again Spooner really doesn't like the "Future Made In Australia" plan to subsidise the manufacture of solar panels and wind turbines.

First Dog on the Moon: All the extinct kangaroo boffins are losing their minds at the latest kangaroo news!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Christopher Weyant

But enough about Tatsuya Ishida.

Clay Bennett

Sorry, friend, Matson beat you to it.

Dave Whamond

David M. Hitch

Republicans.

Drew Sheneman

Ed Gamble

Immigration has been propping up low birth rates in the U.S. for years. An "I can't be bothered to come up with what kind of cartoon this is" cartoon.

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Darkow

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Mike Smith

Pedro X. Molina

Phil Hands

Rivers

Taylor Jones

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

So... what you want to give the students billions of dollars in military funding?

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah, the protesters who are being violently arrested and face life ruining consequences are having their rights violated for protected speech, Lisa.
Kellies nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Last Supper

Ted Rall posted:

At the same time the Biden Administration sends another $60 billion to Israel to help it kill Palestinian civilians in Gaza, the US Air Force drops food aid into the beleaguered occupied territory. If you must die, don’t die hungry.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tom the Dancing Bug by Ruben Bolling

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Speleothing posted:

https://twitter.com/decolonialsol/status/1785098398606975419

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
I do like pointing out that if they sincerely cared about what minority groups' opinions are about certain topics, they could just loving ask said groups like we do

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Forgot to post yesterday's dump. Today's will be done later today.

A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Gary Markstein

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Tom Stiglich

Skios fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 2, 2024

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
Stiglich's idea to make famous Democrats look crazy is to draw them like Trump enthusiasts circa 2016 with the serial numbers filed off?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Mike Luckovich’s art style continues to deteriorate.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

SithDrummer posted:

Stiglich's idea to make famous Democrats look crazy is to draw them like Trump enthusiasts circa 2016 with the serial numbers filed off?

Or stereotypical jewish people, whichever he's feeling that day.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:siren::ducksiren::siren::britain::siren: LOCAL ELECTIONS DAY 2024! :siren::britain::siren::ducksiren::siren:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s local-elections day of reckoning – The prime minister will find himself under renewed pressure if results go against the Conservative party"

Telegraph:

Gardeners back less frequent lawn mowing, poll finds, as ‘No Mow May’ begins :latestfad:

Matt:

Tory MP left unable to vote because of photo ID rules

Independent:

Times:

First migrants bound for Rwanda detained in Home Office raids

Evening Standard:

London decides: Two million voters set to have their say in crunch mayoral election

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Skios posted:

Andy Marlette

Minor nitpick about this lovely cartoon but I'm pretty sure the Nazi salute was always performed with the right arm. I seem to recall other cartoonists making this mistake too.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Why is the gun labeled Noem and not Noem herself, Michael?

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label, Kellies Nomination: Unforced Error. Shame, really, otherwise it's actually a competent cartoon.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why is the gun labeled Noem and not Noem herself, Michael

Noem killed her VP chances, also she is a tool. AGC

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Mike Luckovich’s art style continues to deteriorate.
I was gonna say the man is probably getting up there in years, but he's only 64 which is younger than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why is the gun labeled Noem and not Noem herself, Michael?

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label, Kellies Nomination: Unforced Error. Shame, really, otherwise it's actually a competent cartoon.

Noem is the kind of nut who would put her name on her guns.