Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Taear posted:

Will they translate it properly this time so it's actually playable
they already did this op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

kirbysuperstar posted:

they did do that already

Did they? It's a while since I played but last time every ability was such nonsense it was basically unplayable

I've decided the worst character to recruit in Hundred Heroes is Paquia. 5 regular eggs (you've probably sold a bunch because of inventory restrictions) that have an 8% chance of dropping? Ugh.
And she seems quite important, like there's quite a few upgrades gated behind her building!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Troubleshooters has been good for years

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Rinkles posted:

I'm guessing the Square Enix news means less Diofield Chronicles and HARVESTELLAs? Stuff they didn't necessarily lose money on, but didn't get enough of a return on.

Didn't they already say less of these would happen last year?

I think this year is about Foamstars/Forspoken etc.

Who knows. I doubt it affects any big series anyway. I hope we get more Harvestella type stuff though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thousand Arms is a game where I only learned about it through a blurb in a gaming magazine and that blurb was wrongo bongo about what the game was actually like so I always get a little nostalgic dissapointment when people discuss what it really is.

Taear posted:

Did they? It's a while since I played but last time every ability was such nonsense it was basically unplayable

I've decided the worst character to recruit in Hundred Heroes is Paquia. 5 regular eggs (you've probably sold a bunch because of inventory restrictions) that have an 8% chance of dropping? Ugh.
And she seems quite important, like there's quite a few upgrades gated behind her building!

With item drop up and cj its not hard to get her stuff, and the upgrades locked behind her are just for her building which Ive never touched you can't make me game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

Didn't they already say less of these would happen last year?

I think this year is about Foamstars/Forspoken etc.

Who knows. I doubt it affects any big series anyway. I hope we get more Harvestella type stuff though.

Yeah, even if Rebirth didn’t do that well, there’s no reality where Square doesnt finish Part 3 and release it. We may instead just not get another Final Fantasy remake which I am okay with. They instead move onto Final Fantasy 17, and maybe release it multi-platform from the start.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Barudak posted:

With item drop up and cj its not hard to get her stuff, and the upgrades locked behind her are just for her building which Ive never touched you can't make me game.

Where do I get item drop up? I do have CJ
I think I'm a little annoyed by different guides saying different things - so I was selling my regular eggs since one guide told me it was eggs with a specific name.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would like FF16 to be multiplatform because I still haven't played it and I owned a PS5 when it came out.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Final Fantasy 17 might even be an RPG.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ff16 was one also

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Taear posted:

I think I'm a little annoyed by different guides saying different things - so I was selling my regular eggs since one guide told me it was eggs with a specific name.

They are the lucky badge and super lucky badge but I forgot where I got them. CJ's basic rune lens move for 1 sp apparently boosts drop rates as well. It shouldn't take you super long with all that stuff, assuming you go to redthroat ridge and dont listen to the guides with wrong information.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
FF16 is a CRPG: Clive Role-Playing Game.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Foamstars is fine. It's also getting a Hololive collab next month somehow.

A world with less Foamstars and Harvestellas is a worse world. A truly Foamed Up world.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It would help if Foamstars were out on more than just PS4 and PS5

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, even if Rebirth didn’t do that well, there’s no reality where Square doesnt finish Part 3 and release it. We may instead just not get another Final Fantasy remake which I am okay with. They instead move onto Final Fantasy 17, and maybe release it multi-platform from the start.

i mean. they will probably choose to release multiplatform as long as one platform holder isn't holding out a bag of money in their face. if a platform holder does dangle a big bag for them, they will probably go for the bag again

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
square enix: agh, drat that hurt. accidentally tripped and released my game exclusively on one system. gotta watch my step and make sure i don't do that again! i'm gettin so clumsy these days

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Of the many things odd about me I was looking for Babylon's Fall other platform release info even after the game came out and we all knew it was a failure.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
babylon's fall is just sad because there was clearly enough effort put in to make an actual video game. and then. someone at platinum just decided they needed to completely and utterly ruin it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Colonel posted:

babylon's fall is just sad because there was clearly enough effort put in to make an actual video game. and then. someone at platinum just decided they needed to completely and utterly ruin it

Thats why they're stuck in platinum instead of reaching Diamond

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Taear posted:

Barudak posted:

They are the lucky badge and super lucky badge but I forgot where I got them. CJ's basic rune lens move for 1 sp apparently boosts drop rates as well. It shouldn't take you super long with all that stuff, assuming you go to redthroat ridge and dont listen to the guides with wrong information.
Super Lucky Badge is in one of the chests in CJ's dungeon.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I don't know if Babylon's Fall's gameplay style of "use both bumpers and triggers constantly while also pressing face buttons and moving both sticks" would have caught on regardless.

But it would have been cool to see it happen.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Taear posted:

The Lucky Badge is in the optional sea cave dungeon to the right of Hishahn, the Super Lucky Badge is in one of the chests in CJ's recruitment dungeon. The Super Lucky Badge in particular is cracked and will absolutely flood your inventory with stuff.

Barudak posted:

I THINK that CJ's rune is a steal rather than a drop rate up. I think it's also a very, very bad steal, because once I saw the rune have a special animation where a chest fell after she used it, which I'm guessing was the effect activating. I used CJ in my party the whole game once she was available and used the Rune basically every time she had at least 1 SP, so the rate on it must be awful.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Paying2Lurk posted:

Foamstars is fine. It's also getting a Hololive collab next month somehow.

A world with less Foamstars and Harvestellas is a worse world. A truly Foamed Up world.

they should definitely make another harvestella because my $60 purchase of the first game made them break even on development budget and I promise I'll buy a sequel, so it's a wash for them at worst.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Final Fantasy 17 might even be an RPG.

you might even post like not a loving idiot some day

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
when you click into rpg thread today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuo6Qxq92jc

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like this one screenshot is 95% of what people know about Foamstars.

okay so I had seen that screenshot floating about but it was absent any context so I just assumed it was from some weird game on itch

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Einander posted:

The Lucky Badge is in the optional sea cave dungeon to the right of Hishahn, the Super Lucky Badge is in one of the chests in CJ's recruitment dungeon. The Super Lucky Badge in particular is cracked and will absolutely flood your inventory with stuff.

I THINK that CJ's rune is a steal rather than a drop rate up. I think it's also a very, very bad steal, because once I saw the rune have a special animation where a chest fell after she used it, which I'm guessing was the effect activating. I used CJ in my party the whole game once she was available and used the Rune basically every time she had at least 1 SP, so the rate on it must be awful.

Oh lol, and possibly lmao, regarding CJ's rune. You can get a hero combo that also makes steal attempts but uh, its the literal last one you can get and requires you to have gotten every other character so helpfulness is approximately 0.

Id still play an Eiyuden 2 mind you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Runa posted:

Troubleshooters has been good for years

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i hope they do not abandon the extremely lucrative and not niche at all Harvestella IP and make ten more of it please

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

all resources can and should be devoted to various daylife 2

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

i hope they do not abandon the extremely lucrative and not niche at all Harvestella IP and make ten more of it please

Sorry your plea got lost in the fax and they've decided to release a AAA reboot of the Chaos Rings franchise

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
harvestella 2: now with an actual budget would be a goty contender.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I miss the mobile phone period where 3 chaos rings games got made, just weird single player complete package experiences. I played all of them and where appropriate grinded out all endings and they were just awful.

Then the gacha came and left nothing in its wake.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Am I blind? I can’t find the armorer shop I bought for the castle in eiyuden. The item shop opened up just fine

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RME posted:

Am I blind? I can’t find the armorer shop I bought for the castle in eiyuden. The item shop opened up just fine

Shes in the second area of the shops. If you have the rune store she is down and to the left of that shop.

Shes also useless until the final shop upgrade.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Barudak posted:

Shes in the second area of the shops. If you have the rune store she is down and to the left of that shop.

Shes also useless until the final shop upgrade.

This isn't quite true. Your shops seem to Mega Man any shops you visit (with a possible cap based on upgrade level, I didn't notice any but I upgrade my castle and such as soon as I get access to a new tier of materials), and you can then buy and equip things for all your preferred characters at once rather than having to change your party like four times to get everyone. Well, I haven't tested the rune shop because it's so much more convenient to mess with runes via Sumire, but Frida lets you equip stuff you buy on anyone you've recruited.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wait THAT was the supposed terrible marathon you experience as Seign? that was like a 15 minute sequence total lol. 3 slightly stronger monsters and one boss, not really four bosses

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Has anyone found the Cherry Petals in Eiyuden Chronicle? It's the last bath item I need for a complete set. Most of them were pretty easy to find, the only other tricky one is the Distant Flying Saucer, which is one of those ground pickups, hidden behind the fallen meteorite in the Eastern Desert. It blends in pretty well, so you may need to look closely.

EDIT: By the way, I've made some discoveries regarding the rare finds in Eiyuden:

-If any shops in a given town change inventory, they all do, even if the new version of the inventory is technically unchanged, and rare finds only show up in the "final" version of the town's shop inventories (Athrabalt's weaponsmith and armor shop upgrade following the Ice Cave, and you can obtain the Steamed Bread recipe at that point)

-Touching any shop in a given town will roll for rare finds and set the 30-minute lockout timer (also discovered in Athrabalt, where I couldn't get the recipe to show up, but I'd also just updated my team's gear, and realized that was the reason the shop wasn't giving up the bread; after I gave it some time and came back, the recipe showed up within just a few reloads)

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 09:35 on May 1, 2024

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
took me 30 hours to realize XBX has a transmog system

when you max out a class, are you expected to move on to the others? i think that would be more to keep things fresh than getting stronger, since your art and skill slots are very limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Since you can use the weapons/artes from the mastered classes, you’re expected to go to the other classes so you can mix and match/pick up skills.

The limited skill slots hurt, but I guess you can just chill as a Drifter and reap the benefit of 5 skill slots once you’re done