Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

E: 224, the perfect midpoint between 192 and 256 if you're playing about with levels in photoshop and have the kind of autism that means the TV volume has to be on an even number or a multiple of 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

TV volume has to be on 8 (or 4 at night) so this checks out...

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It was an LF goon who made the var of piss insult and Akehurst taking it so seriously made it constantly the thing to threaten him with.

Like even if that was a legit(ly spelled) threat where are you gonna get a vat of piss from? They're hardly on every street corner.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Tesseraction posted:

Like even if that was a legit(ly spelled) threat where are you gonna get a vat of piss from? They're hardly on every street corner.

Thames water can probably sort you out.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The pissy poo poo river is slightly different to the spirit of the threat.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yeah chucking someone in a british river is probably grounds for attempted murder now these of days.

E: Laurence Fox continuing to get owned:

Laurence Fox owes me £90,000. This is how I’m going to spend his money

quote:

Speaking of money, I know you’re wondering what I’m going to do with the £90k. There were three original claimants in our case against Laurence Fox – myself, Simon Blake and Nicola Thorp – so we will be spitting the total £180k damages three ways despite only two of us being awarded them.

I will give the bulk of my sum to charity, focusing on issues I know are close to Laurence’s heart – trans rights, racial equity, refugee advocacy and Palestinian solidarity to name a few.

And I will save a bit for myself – I fancy a bidet with a fox head spout – so that Laurence’s money can wash my vindicated rear end.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 30, 2024

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

ALDI do a very good Spicy Smashed Avocado tub for not expensive, I put it on a toasted Red Onion / Chive Bagel from the ASDA most mornings

https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-specially-selected-spicy-smashed-avocado-150g/4088600499000

Did you recommend listening to the two Garth Meringue's audio books? If it was you then you are a genius, I have just finished listen to the first book for the second time, it's great stuff.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

It was an LF goon who made the var of piss insult and Akehurst taking it so seriously made it constantly the thing to threaten him with.

Just want my country back when the tannery had a var of piss you could push luke akehurst into.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Reject tradition, embrace var

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Failed Imagineer posted:

Terry's Chocolate Avocado

Waitrose did chocolate avocados.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Angrymog posted:

Waitrose did chocolate avocados.

Just googled and they look quality

The Saviour
Feb 19, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

Re: Baby Reindeer.

I was listening to the (admittedly fairly -melty) The Rest Is Entertainment podcast with Marina Hyde and yer man off Pointless, and they were reasonably pointing out that this was a predictable fuckup that resulted from Netflix not having any of the same legal clearance department and processes as the BBC. It's probably going to be an easy case for her to win despite her being an evil weirdo who made a bunch of people and their family members fear for their lives and tried to ruin their careers and personal lives

They should really be hunting down the tv exec that drugged and raped him, over the stalker that may require social care and additional support, instead all i hear about are joke posts of her coming into the local and getting a free cup of tea.

We should also be getting Netflix to greenlight the wrestling show Richard Gadd was pushing in one episode too

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Tesseraction posted:

Maybe in Akehursts mind, he legitimately believed that a bunch of big, buff, burley men types would lift him off the streets, drag him to the basement of someone's house where there was a giant vat of piss capable of drowning someone in, like the most deranged Dick Tracey strip.

Or perhaps he thought that a mad scientist type would jump out of a nearby alley, blast him with a shrink ray and then put him in a jar of piss like he was a My Little Pony toy.

Who knows what lurks in the mind of Akehurst?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Question IRL posted:

Maybe in Akehursts mind, he legitimately believed that a bunch of big, buff, burley men types would lift him off the streets, drag him to the basement of someone's house where there was a giant vat of piss capable of drowning someone in, like the most deranged Dick Tracey strip.

Or perhaps he thought that a mad scientist type would jump out of a nearby alley, blast him with a shrink ray and then put him in a jar of piss like he was a My Little Pony toy.

I do. It's a big empty void

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Monty Panesar seems like a nice enough guy when he's sober, so to see him running for Galloway's gang of morons is a bit of a shame

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

He's weaponising the idea of online harrassment to pretend that the left wing are as bad as the right.

When in fact there is a profound difference between armed right wing maniacs threatening to murder you or calling the cops to shoot your dog, and lefty shitposters pointing out the stupid thing you did or calling you fartlow on twitter.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Question IRL posted:

Joker Origin Story but it's a brewery var full of piss, obtained by way of the water from the rivers also being entirely piss.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
First deportation to Rwanda has taken place :toot:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's a long way to get Kigali, it's a long way to jol. It's a long way from off our Rights Act, but you can have yourself a ball.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Apparently that was a voluntary removal after a guy accepted £3000 to be deported there.

Awfully suspicious timing though, 2 days before local elections.

I wonder if they delayed his departure until now for maximum impact so the government could crow about "finally getting people deported to Rwanda (don't check the details)"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

keep punching joe posted:

First deportation to Rwanda has taken place :toot:

I know a guy from Rwanda who is very in favor of the plan because if I understand correctly the UK is paying them (e: Rwanda) about as much as it would cost to get an asylum seeker settled in the UK, for the onerous job of accepting generally educated and/or otherwise skilled labor immigrants

so good job on the Tories for giving back to former colonized nations :)

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 1, 2024

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Guavanaut posted:

Joker Origin Story but it's a brewery var full of piss, obtained by way of the water from the rivers also being entirely piss.

(Sigh)
I guess I will fetch the Cricket-Bat signal to summon Jolyon Maugham QC KC.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
An entire flight for one guy? I'm not sure all conservative voters will be happy with that.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Paladinus posted:

An entire flight for one guy? I'm not sure all conservative voters will be happy with that.

I assume it was just a normal commercial flight to Kigali

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Goatse James Bond posted:

so good job on the Tories for giving back to former colonized nations :)
Although a German and then Belgian colonized nation, under the European Africa Conference. Rwanda does seem to be making a profit out of the whole affair via James Cleverly's Central Africa Development ScamFund though, so I guess there is some degree of paying it back.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I know this is Rent-a-Tool talking about the Tool maker's son, but they're really going to change hardly anything aren't they.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I know this is Rent-a-Tool talking about the Tool maker's son, but they're really going to change hardly anything aren't they.

Someone read this & decided that John Rent-a-Ghoul's source (which it quite clearly says is Andrew Marr) is Jeremy Corbyn, who loves the Sunak government. It's my fault for engaging with a stranger on Twitter.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

kingturnip posted:

Monty Panesar seems like a nice enough guy when he's sober, so to see him running for Galloway's gang of morons is a bit of a shame

He'll fit right in, go look up his mastermind appearance

Dumber than a bag of cricket balls

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Microplastics posted:

This chart is pinned up at my office today

hey come on, we can do factorisation with Shor’s algorithm already! Nobody really needs numbers higher than 21 factored anyway

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Replace it with the 'They have played us for absolute fools' graphic.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tesseraction posted:

Ask Bob Mortimer, apparently you need to go to Dumfries & Galloway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw5R2rrNnyA

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Skarsnik posted:

He'll fit right in, go look up his mastermind appearance

Dumber than a bag of cricket balls

Went to my local private school, so yeah that tracks. It didn't produce smart kids, it produced rich drug addicts.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Happy May Day! I don’t think the volunteer going to Rwanda would count for the bet that Piers Moron had.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
"aww poo poo, I hosed up"

https://twitter.com/BBCBweaking/status/1785618969321250845?t=Xdy24NY8TmjrBOWSmy1U4w&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Guys guys hands up, it's on me, I hosed it.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
disgusting country, just the loving worst

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I didn't think they'd eat my face, shrugs faceless man who opened the leopard cage

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tesseraction posted:

Went to my local private school, so yeah that tracks. It didn't produce smart kids, it produced rich drug addicts.

That's my old school you're slagging off!!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Quiet druggy, I can see the weed lines emanating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
hm. turns out some of you are closer to me than hoped.