Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

So that's what happened to the failed Ripley clones after Alien Resurrection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

That has to be a bad AI image, right?

...right?

Nope, it's real. Baby three-legs up there and pink dress woman with legs growing out of her belly were on Fox the other day.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

I'm the deformed think on the lady to the right's middle

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Jesus III posted:

I'm the deformed think on the lady to the right's middle

That poor woman, always hearing a voice yelling for someone named "Quaid" to "start the reactor" coming from her bodice region

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

That image is real. Fact checked by true patriots.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Neito posted:

Nope, it's real. Baby three-legs up there and pink dress woman with legs growing out of her belly were on Fox the other day.

Democrats want to destroy America's most well-hung babies

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Snacksmaniac posted:

That image is real. Fact checked by true patriots.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
slamming the button labeled "incinerate" as hard as possible

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

It's hard to overestimate the stupidity the right wing culture warriors will get up to, but I doubt this is actually "circulating on the right"

Sure they're dumb as hell, but they're mostly not so dumb that they wouldn't notice the flag being ridiculous, that's their whole thing!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

stringless posted:

It's hard to overestimate the stupidity the right wing culture warriors will get up to, but I doubt this is actually "circulating on the right"

Sure they're dumb as hell, but they're mostly not so dumb that they wouldn't notice the flag being ridiculous, that's their whole thing!

It's a tradition for Boomers to be fully fooled by stupid AI images on Facebook so this isn't any different.

The comments on the post are probably something like "Amen" a dozen times over.

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
I still don't understand how Fox News is still in business. They had/have to pay $800 million for the their election coverage, and yet they're still around. I still don't understand how they're considered the highest ranking news station when they don't even cover the news. The people that watch it watch must be complete idiots.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

John Yossarian posted:

I still don't understand how Fox News is still in business. They had/have to pay $800 million for the their election coverage, and yet they're still around. I still don't understand how they're considered the highest ranking news station when they don't even cover the news. The people that watch it watch must be complete idiots.

That's my parents you're talking about there.

They aren't stupid, they're just scared that the world they know won't exist anymore and believe anything that feeds that fear.

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013

Jesus III posted:

That's my parents you're talking about there.

They aren't stupid, they're just scared that the world they know won't exist anymore and believe anything that feeds that fear.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call your parents stupid. I probably shouldn't have used that word.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Fox News is still in business because it has enough advertiser and subscriber money coming in to keep operations going. The $800 million judgment they will have to pay is certainly a loss on the budget, but so long as net revenue is positive, it will be cleared out eventually.

Even if Fox were to declare bankruptcy, its operations would continue as-is while that process went on.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

also the Murdochs have plenty of money

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
Sean Hannity is good friends with Trump and he was like a shadow adviser to Trump during his presidency. I wish the Biden adminstration or someone would bring that up just to show how Fox is pretty much Trump media.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That's my grandparents you're talking about.

They are idiots who intentionally ignore any news source that doesn't automatically line up with what they already want to hear and they're certain this is the correct way to do thing because their sports team is right.

To be fair they all have certain hosts (I almost said talking heads but that's giving them a little bit too much credit) that they dislike, but that's always because 'she's an annoying woman' or 'they don't talk about economics like larry cudlow and mark levin.' Hamas is using human shields? no second thoughts there that's horrible and Gaza should really stop killing their own. Students are protesting? Yeah I agree we should uphold our freedom of speech principles and anti cancel culture attitudes by sending in the cops and arresting them all, kicking them all out of college, and suing them into oblivion in court for violating civil rights.

etc etc. There's no thought that goes on the mind of average Fox watchers, just reaction and fear, pure projection and team sports politics.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
My own personal guess is that the Murdoch holdings in other countries and areas (Sky News, the Sun, and maybe even the Wall Street Journal) are having their profits siphoned away to cover the proverbial election denialism bill. I have no way to confirm that one way or another, but a diversified portfolio like News Corp has does offer that advantage. That level of "passing the bag around" from one unrelated company to another is what kept the Embracer Group going, and News Corp (for all its faults) is far better run than they are.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Morroque posted:

My own personal guess is that the Murdoch holdings in other countries and areas (Sky News, the Sun, and maybe even the Wall Street Journal) are having their profits siphoned away to cover the proverbial election denialism bill. I have no way to confirm that one way or another, but a diversified portfolio like News Corp has does offer that advantage. That level of "passing the bag around" from one unrelated company to another is what kept the Embracer Group going, and News Corp (for all its faults) is far better run than they are.
News Corp is a multi billion dollar company, they are not going to be broken by an $800 million agreement where I assume they are just going to pay it off over a long period of time

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

John Yossarian posted:

Their revenue has been slowly falling throughout the years but they still have large core audience of mostly boomers. There recent expansion into Gen X and Millennials is through their Fox Nation app with curated programing like MAGA Moms!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S-RKgFq3KA

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Caught this guys commercials on Colbert and they are pretty amazing.
Used to be Republican but now mysteriously running as a Democrat, to 'Make Democrats relevant again'.
With stuff like 'none of that transgender nonsense' as his messaging.
Almost as bad to listen to as RFK Jr but the message on the last 5 seconds of each commercial is insane.
Skip to the end.

https://twitter.com/MediumBuying/status/1784915237432439200

"If they tell you I fell off the bed and hung myself, I didn't"

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
No actual Democrat would use the right wing-coded "Democrat candidate"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That is the clown who runs Massey Energy in WV and went to jail because he repeatedly ignored safety requirements in his mine and people died

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

...! posted:

No actual Democrat would use the right wing-coded "Democrat candidate"

First thing I thought as well...!

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

that's the guy who called mitch mcconnell's father in law a china person

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

That is the clown who runs Massey Energy in WV and went to jail because he repeatedly ignored safety requirements in his mine and people died

In case anyone is unaware:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Blankenship#Upper_Big_Branch_explosion

quote:

On April 5, 2010, an explosion at Massey's Upper Big Branch mine killed 29 miners. It was the worst U.S. coal mining disaster since 1970, when an explosion killed 38 in Hyden, Kentucky. NPR reported Massey executive Stanley Suboleski as saying that MSHA-ordered airflow changes, made hours before the explosion, "were changes the company opposed but complied with anyway."[69] On April 12, New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli, trustee of the New York State Common Retirement Fund which held 303,550 shares of Massey stock, called for Blankenship to resign immediately. "This tragedy was a failure both of risk management and effective board oversight. Blankenship must step down and make room for more responsible leadership at Massey."[70] On April 22, Massey Energy's lead independent director Bobby R. Inman announced that "Blankenship has the full support and confidence of the Massey Energy Board of Directors."[71] On April 25, President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, and state officials paid tribute to the 29 coal miners at a memorial service in Beckley, West Virginia.[72]

"Prosecutors said Massey manipulated the ventilation system during inspections of the Upper Big Branch mine to fool safety officials and disabled a methane monitor on a cutting machine a few months before the explosion on April 5, 2010....[73] In March 2013 Blankenship was directly implicated in conspiring to skirt safety regulations when a former Massey Energy official accused Blankenship of conspiring and plotting to hide safety violations from federal safety inspectors. The implication was that Blankenship would order his officials to warn mine operators when the federal inspectors were coming for "surprise" visits, and to quickly cover up any safety violations.[74]

Blankenship was convicted of a single misdemeanor charge of conspiring to violate federal mine safety standards and went on to serve a one-year prison sentence. He called himself a "political prisoner", feuded with United States Senator Joe Manchin and the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) over the explosion,[75] considered running against Manchin for the Senate,[76] and called for a new investigation into the explosion.[77] On May 25, 2017, he formally appealed his case to the U.S. Supreme Court. His petition argued that the U.S. District Court in Charleston and the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia, "both erred in rulings, and they claim Blankenship was a victim of politics."[78]

In August 2017, Blankenship funded a television ad featuring the sister of one of the miners killed in the Upper Big Branch coal mine explosion. The sister, Gwen Thomas, asks in the ad "if the United States Mine Safety and Health Administration insisted that changes be made which reduced Upper Big Branch's airflow before the explosion." She asks the government to publicly release the gas analyses taken after the explosion, and asks for help from Trump and Senators Joe Manchin and Shelley Moore Capito in getting answers.[79] The US Center for Disease Control's (CDC) National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) found that the initial explosion could have been prevented by MSHA forcing Massey to avoid a build up of gas, and that subsequent injury could have been prevented by forcing Massey to avoid build up of coal dust.[34] The NIOSH's page on Mining, says that to avoid Methane buildup "Large fans circulate air in mines to provide ventilation to the working areas."[80]

In August 2018, Blankenship for Senate released a statement outlining a finding of the Department of Justice's Office of Professional Responsibility (DOJ-OPR) which had investigated Booth Goodwin and Steve Ruby, the prosecuting attorneys in Blankenship's federal trial. The DOJ-OPR found that both prosecutors were responsible for "recklessly" disregarding their discovery obligations, though the errors were not found to be deliberate.[81] The conviction was upheld on appeal.[82]

To this day he claims that he did everything right and the explosion was the fault of negligence at the MSHA.

Ran Mad Dog
Aug 15, 2006
Algeapea and noodles - I will take your udon!

Gucci Loafers posted:

Their revenue has been slowly falling throughout the years but they still have large core audience of mostly boomers. There recent expansion into Gen X and Millennials is through their Fox Nation app with curated programing like MAGA Moms!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S-RKgFq3KA

Older Gen Xers are scum similar to Boomers, so this isn't surprising. They'll probably settle for X the Everything App as the replacement since they're so eager to kiss Elon's rear end for pennies though.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

FunkyFjord posted:

That's my grandparents you're talking about.

They are idiots who intentionally ignore any news source that doesn't automatically line up with what they already want to hear and they're certain this is the correct way to do thing because their sports team is right.

To be fair they all have certain hosts (I almost said talking heads but that's giving them a little bit too much credit) that they dislike, but that's always because 'she's an annoying woman' or 'they don't talk about economics like larry cudlow and mark levin.' Hamas is using human shields? no second thoughts there that's horrible and Gaza should really stop killing their own. Students are protesting? Yeah I agree we should uphold our freedom of speech principles and anti cancel culture attitudes by sending in the cops and arresting them all, kicking them all out of college, and suing them into oblivion in court for violating civil rights.

etc etc. There's no thought that goes on the mind of average Fox watchers, just reaction and fear, pure projection and team sports politics.
Try this. Propose to them that if they name literally any political belief at all that they hold true, you'll tell them how it is convenient either to their political goals or their personal life for them to hold it. See if they figure out logic isn't supposed to work that way at any point when you somehow never miss

Also lol if they try a reverse Uno on you because the current state of capitalism and the fact that it's gonna be forty years or so before it changes is very loving inconvenient to us and our goals- they have actual avenues to punish the people they hate

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OgNar posted:

Caught this guys commercials on Colbert and they are pretty amazing.
Used to be Republican but now mysteriously running as a Democrat, to 'Make Democrats relevant again'.
With stuff like 'none of that transgender nonsense' as his messaging.
Almost as bad to listen to as RFK Jr but the message on the last 5 seconds of each commercial is insane.
Skip to the end.

https://twitter.com/MediumBuying/status/1784915237432439200

"If they tell you I fell off the bed and hung myself, I didn't"

Oh yeah this guy who was a favourite of John Oliver's for a bit https://www.newsweek.com/don-blankenship-coal-baron-west-virginia-sore-loser-constitution-party-1044235

Highlights how cursed the political landscape is in WV that they interviewed a guy back then who was like "yeah he killed my brother in that explosion but he's the only candidate who cares about coal" which is when I started my internal perception of West Virginians as people who will hoot and holler and carry you out on their shoulders if a candidate gets up to a podium and just says "coal."

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

John Yossarian posted:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call your parents stupid. I probably shouldn't have used that word.

Oh, sorry I wasn't offended.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is it just me or is there some serious inbreeding going on here?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Lone Badger posted:

Is it just me or is there some serious inbreeding going on here?

If you just look at the image a little closer I think you'll find.... yep, perfectly normal god fearing Republican family.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It’s a biblically-accurate Republican family.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I do want America to take away/ban lovely AI though.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Do you think if thalidomide was discovered now the GOP would defend your right to take it over the woke FDA's commie lies?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Tesseraction posted:

Do you think if thalidomide was discovered now the GOP would defend your right to take it over the woke FDA's commie lies?
An indecent fraction was clamoring about ivermectin, what do you think?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
A decent number of them would start using radium based virility enhancements Right Now if trump said it was a good idea.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

dr_rat posted:

If you just look at the image a little closer I think you'll find.... yep, perfectly normal god fearing Republican family.

Old God fearing still counts as God fearing.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Mercury_Storm posted:

A decent number of them would start using radium based virility enhancements Right Now if trump said it was a good idea.

If you take a little radiation at a time, you eventually become immune to cancer. Radium is particularly good because it gives your skin that natural glow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Mercury_Storm posted:

Someone start a rumor on Twitter than Fauci said you shouldn't do this and let the cards fall.