Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
SAW is live. https://twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SporkChan posted:

Wait that was Hal that posted that.

##vote Hal

Teach me to post right after waking up.

Are you scum spork? I’ve had mixed feelings about you…

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m actually a little cooler on yuming after reading again. She did have a good vote on Maer but looking at the illu case again and I’m less convinced that Maer was voting Keats to “save” illu

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
So far on my reread one thing I've noticed is that the big drama on D1 was between Iggy, Keats, and beet.

Who have all flipped town now.

So Scum was probably sitting back pretty for most of D1.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SporkChan posted:

So far on my reread one thing I've noticed is that the big drama on D1 was between Iggy, Keats, and beet.

Who have all flipped town now.

So Scum was probably sitting back pretty for most of D1.

Yeah, agreed

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Oh buckets Hal is scum with Illu

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Oh buckets Hal is scum with Illu

Nope

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

I'm doing something more interesting, poop math

4 people abstained from pooping Day 1, Tsietisin being one of them but not sure who the others were or why.

This pinged me when it came up during D2, but I forgot to push on it. Plus Maer was dead scum posting, doubt I'd have gotten a good answer.

Maer knew that 4 people had abstained from pooping on D1, but not who. Only way that makes sense to me is if someone else in scumchat was tracking it, and had just mentioned the number at somepoint.

Makes me think one of the remaining scum is a spreadsheet type who is tracking the poop actions. Possibly because evil scum have an ability that plays off of poops.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Oh ok nvm

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

JosefStalinator posted:

Also ##poop on sporkchan

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Okay, caught up. smh a bit that Maer won't even attempt muddying the waters any with a wild bullshit claim but I respect not wanting to waste anybody's time too.

##poop on Spork

Is there anybody who still needs time to poop?

Hal Incandenza posted:

##poop on spork

Just realized I was pooped on 5 times during D2! Five! Times!

You all are so nasty.

But also I got no notice in my confessional of anything happening to me. Didn't even affect my studies.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
What does it mean that Cube is a cat in jail, did he do something bad?

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

PhantomMuzzles posted:

when your avi turns into the cat in jail it means you recently got a high score

it's the only way to win something awful dot com

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

PhantomMuzzles posted:

He was probed by STING 4 for 'being wronk' so I'm assuming it's SAW related.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Zoya posted:

when your avi turns into the cat in jail it means you recently got a high score

it's the only way to win something awful dot com

You must have a high score by now!

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
If you're a cat in jail can you read stuff but not post? Or can you not read stuff either?

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

PhantomMuzzles posted:

If you're a cat in jail can you read stuff but not post? Or can you not read stuff either?

Just no posting.

Could always load the site without being logged in and see the forum anyway.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Anyway, pretty sure it's Illu.

##vote Illu

For third I'm hung up on Cube and Hal mostly. With some minor pings from yumming, PMuzz, and Tsiet.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Spreadsheets are dumb! Sugar cubes are yucky! I don't know what SAW is and I wish someone would explain it to me right this second or I'll never want to know about it again!

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

SporkChan posted:

Anyway, pretty sure it's Illu.

##vote Illu

For third I'm hung up on Cube and Hal mostly. With some minor pings from yumming, PMuzz, and Tsiet.

Illu/Hal/Tsiet, and I'm the cutest bird. Calling it all now.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Spreadsheets are dumb! Sugar cubes are yucky! I don't know what SAW is and I wish someone would explain it to me right this second or I'll never want to know about it again!

click the kitty in my siggy to find your way to SAW -- it's "Something Awful Wrestling" and basically it's a bunch of goons hooting and hollering at eachother in-character while in-game representations of their avatars beat the poo poo out of eachother in WWE 2K24 controlled by the computer, interspersed by very old very cursed commercials, wrestling promos, lore, and way too many videos about baked beans. oh and you can bet on the outcome of the matches with fake money, and then you can spend that fake money to make cube fight to the death against the cast of cheers or something along those lines

it's a lot of fun!

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I like the little rolling kitty

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Also who is scum, sorry I've been busy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Illu/Hal/Tsiet, and I'm the cutest bird. Calling it all now.

I’m the other Pretty Coore and while it’s not guaranteed by any means it feels like the group getting to know who’s in it and have something magical happen if we get wise enough makes me think we’re probably all town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##poop on Pmuzz

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

Also who is scum, sorry I've been busy

Spork is probably at least 2 of the scum

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Illusionis (5): yuming, Zoya, Bifauxnen, PhantomMuzzles, SporkChan
CubicalSucrose (1): Illusionis, SporkChan, SporkChan
PhantomMuzzles (1): Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (0): SporkChan, SporkChan
SporkChan (0): yuming, yuming

Not Voting (4): CubicalSucrose, JosefStalinator, mycelia, Tsietisin

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 30th, 2024 at 10 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 12 hours, 29 minutes.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Time to go back through everything and try and figure out what the hell is going on.

It does seem as though there is a bit of Meta gaming going on with people trying to figure things out based on how people played in previous games. I'll be honest and say it makes me want to play more so that I can do the same.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

You know what...

Seems like theres a bit of consensus here about who is evil, so i think it is time to...

##vote Illu

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Illusionis (6): yuming, Zoya, Bifauxnen, PhantomMuzzles, SporkChan, Tsietisin
CubicalSucrose (1): Illusionis, SporkChan, SporkChan
PhantomMuzzles (1): Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (0): SporkChan, SporkChan
SporkChan (0): yuming, yuming

Not Voting (3): CubicalSucrose, JosefStalinator, mycelia

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 30th, 2024 at 10 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 10 hours, 13 minutes.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
"Huh? Wha?" Illu was napping as the birds wandered over to him to put him in detention. "Why are you putting me in detention? I didn't do anything wrong. Oooooh, you need a teacher to supervise detention. Yeah, I guess that works."

With that, he wandered over to the detention room to supervise. A soft snoring could be heard soon.

Illusionis, TOWN-aligned Nanaki Kazuaki has been sort of sent to detention Day 3!

quote:

You are Nanaki Kazuaki, the sleepy teacher!

You're a math teacher and you sleep a lot. Really a lot. This could possibly be related to the fact that you bleach your feathers, those fumes can not be healthy for a bird. You're generally well-liked by your students, even if you have a dark past that you hide.

Your starting stats are:
WIS 5
VIT 1
CHA 3

Because of your starting stats, you may pick one of the following common oneshot abilities:
Track: As a night action you may ##track another player, learning who they visited
Watch: As a night action you may ##watch a player, learning who visits them. You may use this ability on yourself.
Ninja: When performing a night action, you may combine it with the ##ninja to make your action undetectable

On reaching certain stat levels, you will gain the following personal abilities:
WIS 8: Pretty Coore Light Grey: You are a member of the Pretty Coore Magical Girls (or at least cosplaying as one). On reaching this stat level, you will learn the identity of the other two Pretty Coore members. If more than one of you reaches this stat level, magical things will happen!
CHA 10: Better in Black: You stop bleaching your feathers. The lack of bleach fumes makes you so awake, you could probably dodge a bullet! You gain one passive stack of bulletproof.
VIT 10: Stabby: You gain a ##dayvig. If they haven't already flipped, you will also learn the identity of Dr Iwamine Shuu, who you blame for the death of your brother.

You are TOWN-aligned. You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

It is now Day 3. Because of the early hammer, you have about ten hours to get your classes in. Any unpooped poops will go unpooped.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Bright and massive, Josef Stalinator strolled through the school building. Unlike most birds, he didn't need a flashlight to find his way at night. His Bright and Massive form was enough to illuminate the shadows!

Well, except for the shadows his opponent was hiding in. Josef, still glowing in his own radiance, completely missed them, as they stuffed drugged birdseed down his throat. In his drunken stupor, Josef sadly mistook himself for a rooster and ran off to the nearest farm to greet the sun.

Josef Stalinator, TOWN-aligned Mr One has been sent to a nice farm upstate Night 3.

quote:

You are Mr One, the janitor!

You are a Bright and Massive maintenance worker! Your secret identity is that of the S-class agent Leone J.B., but you're currently working undercover as a school janitor.

Your starting stats are:
WIS 5
VIT 3
CHA 1

Because of your starting stats, you may pick one of the following common oneshot abilities:
Track: As a night action you may ##track another player, learning who they visited
Watch: As a night action you may ##watch a player, learning who visits them. You may use this ability on yourself.
Ninja: When performing a night action, you may combine it with the ##ninja to make your action undetectable

On reaching certain stat levels, you will gain the following personal abilities:
WIS 10: Disarm bomb: As a night action you may ##prevent any lethal actions aimed at and performed by your target
VIT 7: Stun gun: Using your stun gun you may ##roleblock your target, stopping them from performing any action
WIS 8: Master key: Using your janitor's master key, you spy on another player, ##actioncoping them to find out what action they perform this night

But meanwhile, in a different part of the school, something much more important took place.

Bifauxnen was doing her nightly patrols when she came upon three Tsietisins, who were currently attempting to clean a gun that was in the worst shape Bif had ever seen a gun in. Unable to watch the Tsietisins blow themselves up, Bif stepped in and showed them how to properly handle a gun. The Tsietisins were very impressed by her skills, and eventually convinced Bif to tell them her life story.

As the sun rose, Bif and the Tsietisin's looked at each other in the morning light and were certain. This was true love. Bif decided to take all three of them under her wing and teach them the way of the assassin butler. They flew off into the sunrise together, on the way to a happy ending.

quote:

You are Albert, the butler!

You are a dark and mysterious man, an assassin who has killed countless people. Right now, you have been hired by Sakuya Le Bel Shirogane, where you work as his bodyguard and butler. But... something is different. You are not sure if it's because spring is coming, because of hormones or because the RNG had some really weird sense of humor when it picked you for this role, but whatever the reason, you are looking for LOVE!

Your starting stats are:
WIS 3
VIT 3
CHA 3

You are looking for your one true love! As a free unblockable night action you may ##ask out another player. If their preferred stat is lower than your corresponding stat, they will be impressed by your prowess and the two of you will fall in love and automatically ##abscond the next morning with a personal win for the two of you, as well as true love! This will be accompanied by romantic flavor text.

If the game ends or you are removed from the game without having found your true love, you will lose.

You may use your ##ask out action even if you have studied hard during the day, but may not use any additional action.

WIS 7: study hard As a oneshot you may gain an additional stat point
VIT 5: bulletproof feathers Your feathers are so sleek, they can block even bullets! You gain a oneshot bulletproof
CHA 7: During your night action you will also learn your target's preferred stat

You are SELF-aligned. You win according to your personal win condition.

quote:

You are Three Punkgeons, local delinquents!

You are delinquents who are not particularly bright or talented, but the sheer numbers can make up for it.

Your starting stats are:
WIS 1
VIT 1
CHA 1

CHA 5: They've got a gun!: Get a random ##dayvig. This will target a random player in the thread, including you. This ability is a prerequisite for your other personal abilities.
WIS 5: They can use the gun!: You may now aim your dayvig.
VIT 5: The gun is actually loaded!: Your dayvig is unstoppable by any normal means.

Bifauxnen and Tsietisin have found true love and won the game!

Thanks wol and AI!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjIasSAurB0

And finally, following up on our theme of the day, Zoya is Loved today, requiring one more vote for elimination!

It is now Day 4! The game continues.

Cloacamazing! fucked around with this message at 11:50 on May 1, 2024

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): CubicalSucrose, Hal Incandenza, mycelia, PhantomMuzzles, SporkChan, yuming, Zoya

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 03rd, 2024 at 10 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 2 days, 11 hours.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

**Posting with mod permission**

In the quiet glade, as dawn's first light painted the sky in hues of rose and gold, four birds danced amidst the swaying branches. Their feathers shimmered with the promise of spring as they intertwined, their melodies blending into a symphony of passion. With graceful movements, they whispered secrets known only to them, their love a timeless tale written in the language of flight and song. In that fleeting moment, the world stood still, captivated by the beauty of their union, as nature herself applauded their harmonious love story. Bif was made goddamn airtight.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Beautiful. Thank you.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Well then. Congrats you two! Although I rather wish you hadn't taken a town player with you.

Something happened to me last night and I am not sure how to talk about it. Or if I even should. The mod communication was brief and unclear (presumably on purpose).

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Tsietisin posted:

**Posting with mod permission**

In the quiet glade, as dawn's first light painted the sky in hues of rose and gold, four birds danced amidst the swaying branches. Their feathers shimmered with the promise of spring as they intertwined, their melodies blending into a symphony of passion. With graceful movements, they whispered secrets known only to them, their love a timeless tale written in the language of flight and song. In that fleeting moment, the world stood still, captivated by the beauty of their union, as nature herself applauded their harmonious love story. Bif was made goddamn airtight.

:parrot:

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Mods have confirmed that while I can't directly quote the mod communication, I *can* say that it was just the word "moe" over and over.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

mycelia posted:

Mods have confirmed that while I can't directly quote the mod communication, I *can* say that it was just the word "moe" over and over.
I got the same result—assuming my action failed <:mad:>

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I wish I could ascend with Okosan but instead I will bask in the glow of PUDI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Does the moe thing make sense to anyone who's played the game?

I didn't get that but I didn't use an action last night so I didn't have any mod message. But seems like mycelia and Yuming are claiming their actions were blocked and results replaced with moe? But clearly someone's action worked last night because Zoya is loved

Anyway I'm still the cutest bird but Josef is now second cutest, lookit his lil face