Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

the american empire has been hollowed out by decades of private equity stripping the copper out of the walls to chase quick gains and wealth disparity reaching such an extreme level a few hundred people can manipulate the bulk of the economy... it offers no promise of a better future for generations to come, just raw violence and oppression when it's leaders get embarrassed for being incompetent shitstains and continuously declining material conditions otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Ardennes posted:

It is because the US took off the "glove/mask etc etc" and is becoming the openly fascist state it has always really been. It is that the protests very clearly found a pressure point and you are getting a very clear response.

But as most fascist regimes, it doesn't really rest on the donors/politicians/cops/talking heads, but middle class people at home who are chill with all of this.

it’s “middle class” people acting as the muscadins who tossed fireworks into a camp and chanted for Trump as the cops marched forward.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

mags posted:

he also loves rape and raping

the worst part is the hypocrisy

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

spacemang_spliff posted:

gently caress the pigs
gently caress the united states
gently caress israel

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

:d2a:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it’s “middle class” people acting as the muscadins who tossed fireworks into a camp and chanted for Trump as the cops marched forward.

Those aren't the people I am talking about; I am talking about people reading the NYT everyday to get the latest on the world. The people who still trust the system, and are counting on their 401Ks. The regime can't exist without them.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Spoondick posted:

the american empire has been hollowed out by decades of private equity stripping the copper out of the walls to chase quick gains and wealth disparity reaching such an extreme level a few hundred people can manipulate the bulk of the economy... it offers no promise of a better future for generations to come, just raw violence and oppression when it's leaders get embarrassed for being incompetent shitstains and continuously declining material conditions otherwise

Ardennes posted:

It is because the US took off the "glove/mask etc etc" and is becoming the openly fascist state it has always really been. It is that the protests very clearly found a pressure point and you are getting a very clear response.

But as most fascist regimes, it doesn't really rest on the donors/politicians/cops/talking heads, but middle class people at home who are chill with all of this.

:yeah:

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Portland update: after a tense night full of rumors no threat has materialized. A May Day dawn breaks on the Refaat Al-Areer Memorial Library

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Google Butt posted:

drat that's crazy ur telling me the pro israel side threw bombs into the pro Palestine encampment while the ones with the ability to stop it look on and shrug? where have I seen this before

I can't believe the cops trained by the IDF are allowing this

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

VoicesCanBe posted:

Joseph Robinette Biden is a genocidal fascist

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
https://x.com/C_Sommerfeldt/status/1785631396939055316

Bike locks are Hamas!?!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
if I was a cynical kind of person I would assume the administration is pushing the campus beat downs to distract from Israel flattening Rafah.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

palestinans are starving and hamas is buying solid gold bike-terror chains?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

it's so wild that the oppressors are given full court on the news talk shows to spread their lies without a hint of criticism.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/EricHartMN/status/1785648100838703565

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Another case of the police arming terrorist

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

everything is so goddamn dumb

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
public opinion on 5/2: jan 6 crowd broke into the capitol to kill congresspeople, columbia students sat in an academic building with bike locks, these things are the same

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Actually both really didn't deserve a heavy handed response.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

It's a typical media distraction. While they talk about that poo poo they don't talk about the rest. That stuff is the typical type of detail that American loving cling to and debate forever. It's pointless and not related to the actual subject but jeez if we aren't gonna talk about those dumb chains for more than 5 seconds. It's like January 5th's plastic zip cuffs or OJ Simpson gloves. Or the piss tapes. Who gives a poo poo really.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 14:05 on May 1, 2024

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

actually the lock is different. let us discuss this nuance on every cables news talk show for at least two days

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pink Mist posted:

public opinion on 5/2: jan 6 crowd broke into the capitol to kill congresspeople, columbia students sat in an academic building with bike locks, these things are the same

As noble as killing congresspeople would be, I still think the Columbia protestors are far more justified in their actions.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

College continues to be an absolutely worthless institution, news at 11.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1785622404103823617

I know it's the post but jesus loving christ........ "anti jewish rioters"

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

nomad2020 posted:

They're going to build a statue about this.

Unironic support for the kids, even the ones from Brown.

yah reducing this to an easily recognizable, replicable symbol of resistance seems like a bad idea but what do I know

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
foreign words are always evil, that's just the way it is. doesn't matter what they mean

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

foreign words are always evil, that's just the way it is. doesn't matter what they mean

Literally correct

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Anti-semitism starts at a very early age

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ0kYxFPM5Q

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Blinken and Biden and Bibi would all happily kill this child and have snuffed out the lives of 1000’s like him. And somehow they have the gall to say the protestors are in the wrong?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

titty_baby_ posted:

Anti-semitism starts at a very early age

as soon as you are alive and Palestinian you’re already a member of Hamas

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if you're a Palestinian under 30 and not a member of hamas you have no heart, and if you're a Palestinian over thirty and not a member of hamas you have no brain!!

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/C_Sommerfeldt/status/1785642368403693914
reminder the NYPD has an entire intelligence department trying to pin terrorist-designated organizations to 19-year-old students:

quote:

The objective of IOAS is to thwart potential terrorist plots. IOAS deploys seasoned investigators and civilian analysts to collect, synthesize, and analyze information about individuals or groups believed to be engaged in unlawful activity.

err has issued a correction as of 15:31 on May 1, 2024

hypoallergenic cat breed
Dec 16, 2010

In New Orleans there are several ongoing protests, one in Jackson square and another in Tulane. The university first tried to drown out the protesters with elevator music coming from a trespassing sign.
Trespassing sign with cheerful music

Jewish student organizations demanded the encampment be removed.

quote:

Tulane student Yasmeen Ohebsion spoke against the demands and questioned how the protestors choice of tactics.

“The demands are silly, I think this university with almost 40 percent Jewish population is not going divest from Israel. If they really wanted to have an actual productive conversation with the administrators, which I have dozens of times, they should scheydule a meeting with administrators,” she said.

Ohebsion said the protest has made Jewish students on campus feel unsafe.

Then they sent mounted police and failed to clear the area after the protesters made a human chain.

Unfortunately, last night the NOPD swat team came through the Tulane encampment armed and arrested tons of people. 7 students were suspended. Jeff Landry that evil bitch is gloating of course.

https://www.wdsu.com/article/swat-nopd-officers-pour-onto-tulanes-campus-overnight-as-protests-continue/60656542 posted:

Early this morning, after issuing numerous warnings, Tulane University Police Department led a coordinated effort by the New Orleans Police Department and Louisiana State Police to remove protestors who have trespassed on our campus over the last two days and erected an illegal encampment on the edge of the lawn in front of Gibson Hall along St. Charles Avenue. The overwhelming majority of the protestors are unaffiliated with our community.

"At this point, police have reported that at least 14 protestors have been arrested, including two Tulane students. These arrests are in addition to the six individuals, including one student, who were arrested on Monday. Monday’s offenses include trespassing, resisting arrest and battery on an officer.

"Students who participated in this unlawful occupation have also been referred to the Office of Student Conduct for immediate disciplinary action. Seven students have been suspended. We are also actively looking into reports of university employees participating in this unlawful demonstration.

"Today’s action was carefully planned and coordinated over the past few days with the goal of keeping the protestors and our community safe while returning our campus to normal operations. In the days leading up to this action we issued multiple verbal warnings, written statements, broadcasted messages and erected a huge sign warning demonstrators that they were trespassing and were subject to arrest.

"Free speech and the freedom to protest are sacred to us. Spirited debate is fundamental to a thriving academic community. We have supported numerous lawful demonstrations throughout this year. However, we remain opposed to trespassing, hate speech, antisemitism and bias against religious or ethnic groups. Harassment, intimidation, violence, and other criminal acts on any of our campuses are not acceptable. Organizers of protests need to know we will not tolerate these things.

"While the protestors have been cleared from campus, police remain to ensure that our university is safe. Security measures and the visible presence of police will remain at their highest level throughout the remainder of the semester.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ron howard voice: biden started the atrocities in yemen

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

that dude has a very short memory or he just wants clout in both camps. he’s going to demand you vote Joe in a month or so.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

nah yemens been going on since obama they all get credit for that genocide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

ikanreed posted:

As noble as killing congresspeople would be, I still think the Columbia protestors are far more justified in their actions.