Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SCheeseman posted:

I do thanks for the rundown FlamingLiberal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also a little bit of Game Pass.

COMING:
Today: Have A Nice Death (Cloud, Console, and PC)
May 2: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
May 7: Kona II: Brume (Cloud, Console, and PC)
May 9: Little Kitty, Big City (Cloud, Console, and PC)
May 14: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
Leaving May 15:
Eastern Exorcist (Cloud, Console, PC)
Eiyuden Chronicle Rising (Cloud, Console, PC)
Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2 (Cloud, Console, PC)
Ghostlore (Cloud, Console, PC)
Just Cause 4 Reloaded (Cloud, Console, PC)
Norco (Cloud, Console, PC)
SD Gundam Battle Alliance (Cloud, Console, PC)
Supraland Six Inches Under (Cloud, Console, PC)

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I've had Ghostlore in my Play Later for a long time now, I should check it out before it leaves

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Norco is a deeply unsettling and fascinating point-and-click narrative game that you should definitely take a few hours to check out

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Is Brothers the remake? I played that years ago and broke into tears. Admittedly I was depressed and working swing shift but still.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Lammasu posted:

Is Brothers the remake? I played that years ago and broke into tears. Admittedly I was depressed and working swing shift but still.

Nah, it’s just the Xbox One version that has been on Game Pass before

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Toaster Beef posted:

Norco is a deeply unsettling and fascinating point-and-click narrative game that you should definitely take a few hours to check out

Agreed, don’t sleep on Norco.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I don't think I've ever seen another game with as weird of an atmosphere as Norco

The only thing I can sort of compare it to is maybe Disco Elysium? Disco is better but that's not throwing shade on Norco.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

MikeRabsitch posted:

I've had Ghostlore in my Play Later for a long time now, I should check it out before it leaves

Same but for Norco.

And hot dang, game pass delivers once again! The missus will be pleased about that kitty game, she was eyeing it for the Switch.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm glad that hot off the heels of game pass offering the 3rd tomb raider reboot game, they are now going to offer the 1st tomb raider reboot game about a month later.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My Game Pass app is showing “Humanity” coming 5/30, maybe pc only. Also isn’t that a Sony studios game??

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don't think I've ever seen another game with as weird of an atmosphere as Norco

The only thing I can sort of compare it to is maybe Disco Elysium? Disco is better but that's not throwing shade on Norco.

The Pathologic games and Kentucky Route Zero spring to mind, but both comparisons are imperfect.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

i have it on the best console of all time

the nintendo switch

The Nintendo switch is very bad

But its games are very good

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

webmeister posted:

Agreed, don’t sleep on Norco.

Do not

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Toaster Beef posted:

The Pathologic games and Kentucky Route Zero spring to mind, but both comparisons are imperfect.

I love Kentucky Route Zero but it’s hard to recommend to anyone that can’t handle ambiguity. It’s southern gothic magical realism, and you have to just go along with what’s happening because there’s very little logical sense to most of it. It’s a goat though imo

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Love the ‘game is leaving gamepass so here it is for cheap’ thing so I may as well buy hotdogs outright

autocorrected norco to hotdogs whatever I’m leaving it

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Alexa, add hotdogs to shopping list

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Norco starts slow just fyi

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

priznat posted:

My Game Pass app is showing “Humanity” coming 5/30, maybe pc only. Also isn’t that a Sony studios game??
No, though it was a timed PlayStation console exclusive. It was developed by Enhance, who previously did Rez Infinite, Lumines Remastered and Tetris Effect.

It is indeed coming to Xbox on that date.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As a person who knows people who made Norco go fuckin play Norco its also just actually good.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Kins posted:

No, though it was a timed PlayStation console exclusive. It was developed by Enhance, who previously did Rez Infinite, Lumines Remastered and Tetris Effect.

It is indeed coming to Xbox on that date.

oh timed exclusive, gotcha.

I wish "that game company" stuff would come to xbox, I wanna play Flower again.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Norco has a very good soundtrack that very good Louisiana sludge band Thou contributed to

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Norco was my favorite game of the year for whatever year it came out in and I've been desperately searching for anything like it since.

The music is wonderful, the game is beautiful, the story is sad and magical and the graphics are like if someone made a game of the first season of True Detective on the SCUMM engine. I loving love it.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Lot of really good changes. 40 and 60 fps modes. City maps. Land vehicles at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ObHRMHtTMY

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Wiltsghost posted:

Lot of really good changes. 40 and 60 fps modes. City maps. Land vehicles at some point.

Awesome stuff! Especially the new difficulty options and interior ship decoration. Probably should have been there since the start, but we are where we are.

Can't wait to jump back into Starfield, but Fallout 4 has sucked me in again for the moment. Dammit Todd.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Wiltsghost posted:

Only 9 months to add maps.

Is this the second major update?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

Only 9 months to add maps.

Is this the second major update?

I think they've released updates every six weeks since launch. This is a bigger one though.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I hope ‘Added dialogue camera toggle’ means you can switch 3rd person conversations, like how it was in Fallout 4. Lemme see my goofy rear end characters

e: Oh that’s cool. It’s like in the Forza games where you can deliberately make specific gameplay elements harder for a xp boost

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 1, 2024

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I hope ‘Added dialogue camera toggle’ means you can switch 3rd person conversations, like how it was in Fallout 4. Lemme see my goofy rear end characters
Yup.

The Official Site posted:

In addition to the major features coming in this update, there are also a ton of quality-of-life improvements like the ability to toggle the dialogue camera off. Now you’ll be able to watch scenes play out from your chosen perspective.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

These changes are awesome, but like half this poo poo should of been in the game in the first place at launch

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Lube Enthusiast posted:

e: Oh that’s cool. It’s like in the Forza games where you can deliberately make specific gameplay elements harder for a xp boost

Yeah, it is like Forza's system which I like. It's where all the survival stuff is as well so you can have planets give you afflictions and stuff. Can change carry capacity but if you give yourself more it means you are getting 8 percent less xp. Pretty cool way to do it.

e: or I should say the afflictions can be modified and made worse, harder to heal

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lube Enthusiast posted:

These changes are awesome, but like half this poo poo should of been in the game in the first place at launch

Not an empty quote

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wiltsghost posted:

lol they added all of the stuff that Todd Howard insisted was not possible.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

I said come in! posted:

lol they added all of the stuff that Todd Howard insisted was not possible.

He should say it's impossible to make it fun and see what they cook up

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Can't pet Crouton on Xbox :saddumb: Cursor too slow and Norco has no option for speed

e: minigames with a different control scheme don't make the cursor disappear so it's floating around, indifferent to the action. I'm not sure if this platform was tested

Ruffian Price fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 1, 2024

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Blue Raider posted:

Norco starts slow just fyi

2 slow for me tbh, tried 15-20 minutes of it and noped out. I'm definitely not in the mood for an adventure hunt the pixel text heavy game, and I did not like the setting nor the graphics, and the story starts depressing and seems to move into even more depressing territory, plus adding religion to it, so...

Disclaimer: I also hated Kentucky Route Zero, not sure if it's the southern style super-americana-dystopia theme or what but hard pass on this. It seems well done, so for anyone who likes those genres, definitely try it, can't go wrong for the price of "Free on GamePass", but to me this is like one of those A24 films, I get what it's going for and it seems well made, but I'd rather watch something else

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

norcolepsy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
What is this artsy fartsy poo poo??? this isn't sekiro on game pass

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Support the devs and buy Sekiro immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Games aren't art except for the sniper elite series