Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

who the gently caress is Aaron Rupar and why should I care what he thinks about anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

who the gently caress is Aaron Rupar and why should I care what he thinks about anything

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

He works for Vox so he’s a great resource if you want your finger on the pulse of exactly what the prevailing wisdom is among the college educated upper middle class millennial demographic

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

There is a pro-Palestine, Bernie 2016 and 2020 voter, and lifelong lefty activist 60-something year old woman in the Delaware left circle. She called last night for one of the very few tolerable people in our legislature (we have a few Reps who are actually very anti-Biden and pro-Palestine).

She called me last night for a donation for him (I did [:sad:], but I just enjoyed speaking to her). She said I was lucky I've never voted for Biden, because I guess she did when he ran for VP in 2008. She also said she is considering not voting anymore outright or changing her registration to independent in our closed-primary state because she's fed up.

It's fun to get confirmation from older people who are generally less unhinged that things actually do insanely blow, and it's not us blowing stuff out of proportion. She tolerated Dems before as a lesser evil (despite not actually liking them all her life) and now is contemplating just not voting in primaries or generals ever again because it's all trash.

Anyway, Biden has run an excellent campaign to get Trump elected. He got someone who was actively trying anything in 2016 to stop Trump to wanting the Democrats to die.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

HashtagGirlboss posted:

He works for Vox so he’s a great resource if you want your finger on the pulse of exactly what the prevailing wisdom is among the college educated upper middle class millennial demographic

no thanks

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

jibjab exists...

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nichael posted:

There is a pro-Palestine, Bernie 2016 and 2020 voter, and lifelong lefty activist 60-something year old woman in the Delaware left circle. She called last night for one of the very few tolerable people in our legislature (we have a few Reps who are actually very anti-Biden and pro-Palestine).

She called me last night for a donation for him (I did [:sad:], but I just enjoyed speaking to her). She said I was lucky I've never voted for Biden, because I guess she did when he ran for VP in 2008. She also said she is considering not voting anymore outright or changing her registration to independent in our closed-primary state because she's fed up.

It's fun to get confirmation from older people who are generally less unhinged that things actually do insanely blow, and it's not us blowing stuff out of proportion. She tolerated Dems before as a lesser evil (despite not actually liking them all her life) and now is contemplating just not voting in primaries or generals ever again because it's all trash.

Anyway, Biden has run an excellent campaign to get Trump elected. He got someone who was actively trying anything in 2016 to stop Trump to wanting the Democrats to die.

One of my parents said if Biden is stupid enough to pull another Kent state then there’s no way in hell he’s getting reelected.

That was last week.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

One Winner and No Losers in HallelujahLee’s Decision to Not Give a poo poo about Aaron Rupar

HallelujahLee has stated that he does not wish to engage with Aaron Rupar’s work. This bombshell decision has reverberated across the Succ thread. Here are the winners and losers from this decision.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

lmfao

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

HashtagGirlboss posted:

One Winner and No Losers in HallelujahLee’s Decision to Not Give a poo poo about Aaron Rupar

HallelujahLee has stated that he does not wish to engage with Aaron Rupar’s work. This bombshell decision has reverberated across the Succ thread. Here are the winners and losers from this decision.

thank you

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I've said this before but I cannot stress enough. I'm half-Jewish. I've only experienced what I considered to be actual anti-semitism in my life once, and it came from a top, long time Carper aide who looks like this:

Please, please, please do not "help" my family with anti-semitism. The official line that "Jewish = Pro-Genocide" does no one any favors.

Also, maybe consider getting cancer and visiting your dead idiot son in hell.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

One of my parents said if Biden is stupid enough to pull another Kent state then there’s no way in hell he’s getting reelected.

That was last week.

Good news, he's pulling a new Kent State basically everyday now!

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Nichael posted:

lol he thinks his twitter account makes him important??!

Healthy young child goes on internet, gets pumped with massive shot of x'eets, feels self-important and changes - TWITTER LIBERAL. Many such cases!

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

This will be a greenlight for universities, police, and Zionist mobs to attack student protesters

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

SixteenShells posted:

The really stupid thing about the university protests and the admins' refusals is that the demand isn't even hard. It's not like they're asking the university to burn the money in its portfolio in a dumpster. Just invest it in literally anything else. The Columbia protest's website specifically names Microsoft, Alphabet, Amazon, and a list of other companies represented in ETFs. Here's the thing though, and this is where I might be just confused or misreading things.
The demands are clear, specific, material, and directly attack imperialism. That's why the ruling class needs to brutally crush this movement and send the message that any flirtation with these ideas will result in your life being ruined.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

*finally reading another book*

You have to vote for President Coin or President Snow will win.

The main character murders Coin in the last book once she realizes Coin is a lib

Akaiku
May 17, 2013

This is technically correct.

Trump was elected before and therefor this is eternally Trump's America (he's supposed to be here!)

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Nichael posted:

Who is president currently

it's going to be november 7th, 2016 for the rest of our lives

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Clip-On Fedora posted:

That was last week.

both of mine have been melting down because “the last time this happened we got Richard Nixon and Trump is 10x worse than he was!!!!”

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

VideoKid posted:

both of mine have been melting down because “the last time this happened we got Richard Nixon and Trump is 10x worse than he was!!!!”

then biden should do something imo!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

biden is 10x worse than nixon too

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nichael posted:

then biden should do something imo!

I’m beginning to think the Dems think if it’s Pro-Zionist protesters brutalizing college students instead of police officers, then they will get off scott free.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Nichael posted:

Please, please, please do not "help" my family with anti-semitism. The official line that "Jewish = Pro-Genocide" does no one any favors.

The zionists want to legitimately encourage antisemitism imo. They want to be able to point to antisemitic poo poo and be like "see?!"

And if there ain't enough antisemitic poo poo to point at they will simply make it themselves

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Political scientists said it couldn't be done. They said it was impossible.
But the Biden administration with help from the Democratic Party leadership rejected those answers.

They put in the hours.
They worked tirelessly, day and night.
They did not give up, and after a long grueling 4 years they proved their doubters wrong.
There had been a lot of sacrifices but they had done it.
They got leftists to vote for Donald Trump and re-elect him as President.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

If college kids want to hand Palestine to Trump by killing Biden’s chances they can gently caress us all I guess.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/arenrlebrun/status/1785699679411343480

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I’m beginning to think the Dems think

?????????

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/thedailybeast/status/1785748536174190823

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nichael posted:

?????????

Magical thinking is still thinking!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

maybe this has been asked —— has obama tried calling any of the protestors and ask them to stop?

He needs to offer the ultimate olive branch: turning NBA arenas into polling locations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol nice

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

whoops that's all they campaigned on!

lmao conspiracy-chow

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Alex is 38 years old... he could be posting here with us

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Likewise incredibly stupid people think too. Just because their thoughts are useless and awful doesn’t mean they’re still there!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://x.com/moose_bigelow/status/1785749113855938675?s=46

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

CubanMissile posted:

He needs to offer the ultimate olive branch: turning NBA arenas into polling locations.

why aren't they doing voter registration at the encampments???

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Likewise incredibly stupid people think too. Just because their thoughts are useless and awful doesn’t mean they’re still there!

trust me, i do not think

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Nichael posted:

trust me, i do not think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm :munch: to see if Biden and the incompetents surrounding him can push his 18-34 y.o demographic as close to 0% approval as possible. I have faith!