Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I was looking at the cap space situation today. The Bucs have the least available at under $400k so they basically have to get a deal done with Winfield and/or Wirfs to get some cap relief to sign rookies.

The Patriots still have over $50m in cap space and the Commanders are at $43m. Looks like several teams will have to create some cap space to get rookies signed.

The Saints are currently $73m over the cap for next year. Browns second at $31m over. 49ers are the only other team over coming in at $24m over.

Looking further ahead to 2026, the Browns only have $4m in cap space, the next closest team is at $52m in cap space. That Watson contract is brutal.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Maed posted:

tyler boyd should come home and play at heinz field again and also be my best friend

how much do you think it would cost me for him to not play football and just be my friend. on a full time basis

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Play posted:

how much do you think it would cost me for him to not play football and just be my friend. on a full time basis

Fox had to pay Tom Brady about $375m for 10 years of that.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

Fox had to pay Tom Brady about $375m for 10 years of that.

drat. i dont have that much

*looks in wallet*

yeah, nope

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Imagine making millions in the NFL and then going to prison for nonsense

Breeland faces felony drug charges and charges of assaulting a government official, resisting an officer, and injury to personal property.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...406d73fe8&ei=10

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

I will be shocked if this isn't Tyreek's fate within like 5 years of retirement

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

kiimo posted:

Breeland faces felony drug charges and charges of assaulting a government official, resisting an officer, and injury to personal property.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...406d73fe8&ei=10

addiction, brain injuries, and being famous basically your whole life is quite the potent cocktail for being an idiot

Play
Apr 25, 2006

listens to too much hip hop and thinks its all completely real

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

quote:

Police said they found marijuana, a plastic bag with mushrooms, five promethazine hydrochloride bottles (used to treat motion sickness), and dihidrocodeina bitartrate, a synthetic opioid analgesic used to treat moderate to severe pain.

Last August, the Super Bowl LIV champion was arrested and charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, guns and drugs, where he faced a total of eight counts, which included altering serial numbers and a title, records showed.

He was allegedly in possession of two AR-15s, a pair of AK-47s, five pounds of weed and 62 grams of mushrooms while in a stolen Mercedes SUV.

:stare:

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 1, 2024

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

I was looking at the cap space situation today. The Bucs have the least available at under $400k so they basically have to get a deal done with Winfield and/or Wirfs to get some cap relief to sign rookies.

The Patriots still have over $50m in cap space and the Commanders are at $43m. Looks like several teams will have to create some cap space to get rookies signed.

The Saints are currently $73m over the cap for next year. Browns second at $31m over. 49ers are the only other team over coming in at $24m over.

Looking further ahead to 2026, the Browns only have $4m in cap space, the next closest team is at $52m in cap space. That Watson contract is brutal.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

how in the world are the giants right up against the cap with that dogshit roster?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Relentlessboredomm posted:

addiction, brain injuries, and being famous basically your whole life is quite the potent cocktail for being an idiot

Yeah, in a similar vein, Bill Romanowski filed for bankruptcy yesterday due to owing like $1.5m in unpaid taxes. Dude's always been a piece of poo poo, but hearing him give interviews during when people cared about concussions was pretty harrowing stuff. Like dude's brain is swiss cheesed enough he occasionally forgets where he lives as he's driving home.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

how in the world are the giants right up against the cap with that dogshit roster?

Turns out Daniel Jones cap number this year is nearly FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

almost $50m in cap space devoted to Daniel Jones and absolutely 0 desire to negotiate that into future years for obvious reasons.

They'll clear up like $14m more if Darren Waller retires though.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Won't his signing bonus all trigger if he retires? That's about half that $14m if so.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

wandler20 posted:

I seriously can't believe this poo poo every time it's pointed out to me.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

2.5 ounces of shrooms dang man. Going to a forest festival or what

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Won't his signing bonus all trigger if he retires? That's about half that $14m if so.

When a guy retires the team can claw back a prorated chunk of the signing bonus. Not sure if they would or wouldn't for Waller. Good point though, odds are I bet they don't as a way to get him to waive any medical claims he might make.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Amy Pole Her posted:

2.5 ounces of shrooms dang man. Going to a forest festival or what

He got a discount for buying in bulk.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

wandler20 posted:

The Saints are currently $73m over the cap for next year.
KEEP DIGGING, ASSHOLES

Actually looking at OTC, next year there are guys that can be cut for cap gain so it will be easier than usual for Mickey to dig the hole deeper.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Kalli posted:

almost $50m in cap space devoted to Daniel Jones and absolutely 0 desire to negotiate that into future years for obvious reasons.

The Danny Dimes contract is such an unnecessary albatross that ownership hung on the team. So stupid.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Waller is retiring, but he announced it during the draft so it flew under the radar unless you're a sicko who likes the giants (me)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rogue Elephant posted:

Waller is retiring, but he announced it during the draft so it flew under the radar unless you're a sicko who likes the giants (me)

Honestly think he retired because they didn't draft a QB. I saw the alert on Day 2 if memory serves.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Important news

https://x.com/Lj_era8/status/1785725246311473183

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Soul Glo posted:

I don’t want this year’s Bengals FA WR. I want next year’s Bengals FA WR.

Ah well nevertheless

https://x.com/jfowlerespn/status/1785775137704304938?s=46

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
We can get Boyd this year and Higgins next year when Hopkins leaves.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Usually it's a guy bigger than you who plays in the NFL

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Mega64 posted:

We can get Boyd this year and Higgins next year when Hopkins leaves.

yeah i mean i would much rather take boyd as a wr3 or 4 and push everyone down a peg and maybe mason kinsey finally gets pushed off the boat.

titans wr room getting unexpectedly crowded. i would expect the new guy to start as a returner and colton dowell starts on the practice squad or maybe even still pup depending on his injury from last year.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 1, 2024

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'd like Boyd on the Chargers

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i created the market for tyler boyd earlier. please send me money tyler boyd

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

KEEP DIGGING, ASSHOLES

Actually looking at OTC, next year there are guys that can be cut for cap gain so it will be easier than usual for Mickey to dig the hole deeper.

lol u mad

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Very classy to end with 513 catches

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Cavauro posted:

i created the market for tyler boyd earlier. please send me money tyler boyd

You should be his agent, you're hustling hard to get him paid.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Can't believe Tyler Boid stole Zay Flowers thunder

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Waller hasn't officially announced he's retiring, just that he's pondering it, and none of the accounts that posted he's retiring offered a source to my knowledge and I wouldn't trust them

I assume he is though and the Giants drafted a TE so they probably do too

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Browns second at $31m over.

this rules

except for the part of Deshaun Watson getting a billion dollars, but small victories

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mystic Stylez posted:

this rules

except for the part of Deshaun Watson getting a billion dollars, but small victories

Cap hits:

2022 - $9.5m
2023 - $19m
2024 - $64m
2025 - $64m
2026 - $64m
2027 - $9m void year

Every penny guaranteed

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Unless he figures it out this year he’s probably not even the starter going forward. Just a massive lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

you got what you asked for, browns. now you're gone choke it down and you're gonna LIKE IT

zay flowers opoy would be like the most wild poo poo that ever happened in history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Unless he figures it out this year he’s probably not even the starter going forward. Just a massive lol

If he sucks this year, Browns are definitely going to try to draft a QB next year.