Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

BillsPhoenix posted:

Sorry, I'm just mad at the stupid student/police protest poo poo not really doing anything to stop the genocide.

the PFLP took a moment away from fighting the war against genocide to say that it does help a week ago

quote:

The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine condemns the repressive practices of the administrations of universities in the United States, and affirms its support for the struggle of the student movement in support of Palestine.

At a time when the genocide war against our unarmed Palestinian people in Gaza Strip continues, and the brutal zionist practices in Al-Quds and the West Bank, executed by the zionist occupation army in partnership, support, and complicity with the American administration and Western colonial countries, aligned with all the forces of evil and tyranny in the world, when the occupation army has been committing massacres and brutal crimes for over 200 days now, the likes of which human history has never witnessed before,

And at a time when all lovers of peace in the world stand by the Palestinian people in their just struggle to reclaim their usurped rights, the ugly face of zionist racism clearly appears.

While our students in American looking forward to support and solidarity from the university administrations, which prioritized their interests, profits, and investments over noble human values, they have undertaken a number of punitive measures (https://t.me/PalestineResist/36990?single) against students, faculty, and staff, threatening and extorting them for nothing but standing by the Palestinian people (https://t.me/PalestineResist/36871?single) and supporting their just struggle for freedom and human dignity. These administrations prioritize their interests over Palestinian blood and human values and engage in hate speeches against Arabs and Muslims, canceling student organizations' licenses, deluding themselves that by doing so, they can suppress our students' struggle in the universities within the United States.

We in the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, along with all our people, the honorable of our nation and the world, confirm our steadfast support for the struggle of the students youth movements , Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) and the Palestinian Youth Movement (PYM) at universities such as Columbia, Rutgers, Yale, Stanford, among others. We call for enhancing the unity of students and their struggle to divest American universities from the zionist entity and cut all forms of relations with it.

As we highly appreciate the positions, movements, and struggles of our students in American universities, and call for the escalation of their struggle against aggressive policies, and the rejection of compliance with the policies biased in favor of the occupation, we also call for the strengthening of ranks and enhancing the unity of students. We highly value the supportive and solidary positions for the struggle of our people in various American universities and around the world, and all the strugglers for freedom, justice, and human dignity.

The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine
Central Media Office
23-4-2024

personally i feel like we can take them at their word on this! i think they might be the experts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
even though the brown kids got owned i think its pretty gauche to criticize them unless you are also involved in organizing these protests

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

speaking of popular fronts, hanrahan blocked me for asking him why he was covering a bunch of random poo poo like skeletons in a nazis basement instead of the student intifada

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the brown students will prob go back to protesting im sure they're getting info from other kids how they got hoodwinked

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
to the excellent posts about building popular power you can see it in spots in the midwest where they had blm protests way before the 2020 explosion, and they were thoroughly owned (and murdered by the police) but their tactics were still carried forward so that when 2020 happened they were able to burn down a cop station. portland protesters have been facing down the cops and their nazi pals since the 80s, and they were able to sustain protests for almost a full year. they were also pointless against the specific topic, but became a laboratory for the dos and donts of sustained protest (mostly donts)

even the hong kong color revolutionaries taught a number of advanced tactics such as the umbrellas, much to their actual chagrin because they were ideologically opposed to blm

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Fuckt Tupp posted:

hes gonna put em in cages to appeal to trump voters
guantanamo isnt off the table at this point
https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1785707101676773621

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1785695892193849801

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JainDoh posted:

excellent post. protests of this size would have been unimaginable in 2019, and many people thought after 2020 it was sheerly the quarantine that led to the numbers.

Agreed and I would add 2 more important distinctions

1) the presence of organized labor in street actions. They are not showing up every single day in the last 7 months but there locals all across the country throwing in with statements of international solidarity, taking material action within their own organizations to support ceasefire/divestment calls, and a huge variety of shop floor actions to protect student vanguards, slow down administrative function of universities, protect members of their workplace who may be retaliated against for being party to organizing etc. An enormous development - trade unions have long been slumbering, and the new generation of members and organizers are charting paths of renewed militancy.

2) the sustained nature of street actions for Palestine. these campus flashpoints are following a completely different trend from occupy, Ferguson, BLM, which were singular actions with no future plans for escalation or sustained tactics. Since Oct 7, there have been near daily actions all across US raising a series of demands. As these demands have not been met, instead of fizzling out, Americans are escalating. Its Epic.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

WoodrowSkillson posted:

no protest is going to stop it today, tomorrow, or in the next few months. america is still building the capacity to effectively mass protest. for decades after the civil rights movement, protests have been hamstrung and neutered by "peaceful" protest propaganda about how the civil rights movement worked, along with effective management of popular demands by the elites. for a long time they have been very good about letting off the gas on things like gay marriage and keeping people just happy enough that the only protests were marches and other such ineffective methods. That's failing now, they are running out of concessions, and they can't concede on israel without collapsing significant parts of the system.

Occupy was the first wave, BLM was the second, this is the third. There will be more. But each time people have gained institutional knowledge, which has also precipitated the increasingly heavy handed responses by the pigs. Now you have kids reading up on past movements and right out the gate using much better tactics overall, which required an unprecedented show of force in NYC to temporarily stop it. People were showing u pas medics from minute one this time, if anything the only lacking area is other equipment to deal with the violence the pigs are bringing, since the response has been insane even by past american standards.

uncritical support of the kids. even the brown university kids that got hoodwinked since that still caused the ADL to go apoplectic.

ah, so this is the new cool zone thread

somebody DM me when one of the regulars shoots the dick off of a random gropyer in the parking lot of a dave n busters

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

ah, so this is the new cool zone thread

somebody DM me when one of the regulars shoots the dick off of a random gropyer in the parking lot of a dave n busters

gently caress off this is the support the kids thread.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

BillsPhoenix posted:

Sorry, I'm just mad at the stupid student/police protest poo poo not really doing anything to stop the genocide.

What's your better plan for pressuring university endowments to divest from the MIC, or anything else?

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

WoodrowSkillson posted:

you're not in a random bar dumbass

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

They want to censor poo poo so bad.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Granted, I think one fundamental way these protests are different than OWS/BLM is there was a way for the Democrats to "accept" their demands thus beginning the process of neutering those movements and replacing them with an safe alternative. Anyone remember Occupy Democrats?

I think there was attempt at that at Brown but I think part of the issue is that Israel is simply too much of a live wire and that there isn't even room for pretend concern at this point, it is simply jack boots on the ground.

Also to be honest this whole thing isn't about the US in reality, and the real war is happening on the ground in Palestine. Even if the entire movement collapses it isn't going to slow the stride of the Palestinians, it is a nice thing to see though even in the heart of the empire there is still some resistance.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 22:56 on May 1, 2024

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

HallelujahLee posted:

the brown students will prob go back to protesting im sure they're getting info from other kids how they got hoodwinked

wait they can't just do that. agree to a deal and then keep protesting as if they hadn't. thats illegal

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BillsPhoenix posted:

get your sorry rear end out of the thread and join a protest goddamn

err
Apr 11, 2005

Ardennes posted:

Even if the entire movement collapses it isn't slow the stride of the Palestinians, it is a nice thing to see though even in the heart of the empire there is still some resistance.

Good point

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

good news from Qubec

https://twitter.com/SamHersh01/status/1785708697118798125

quote:

In Wednesday's ruling, Justice Chantal Masse wrote the plaintiffs failed to show that the protests were causing irreparable harm, nor was there any indication at this point that the protesters intended to block access to exams or McGill's buildings.

The judge also says the injunction request was too broad and restrictive, since it would have limited the right to protest in front of 154 McGill buildings.

"The court is of the opinion that the balance of inconveniences leans more toward the protesters, whose freedom of expression and to gather peacefully would be affected significantly," the ruling reads.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Ardennes posted:

I think there was attempt at that at Brown but I think part of the issue is that Israel is simply too much of a live wire and that there isn't even room for pretend concern at this point, it is simply jack boots on the ground.

Brown showed that all it would have taken is crumbs, but apparently that is a bridge too far for most of these ghouls

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1785776302865223828?t=XFHKQA041YAySeAm4xwBSA&s=19
https://twitter.com/FOX4/status/1785778210015269213?t=4UqGPe60udpas7alJ7Rr4Q&s=19

err
Apr 11, 2005

few steps away from loyalty oaths

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

BillsPhoenix posted:

Agreed, but the protestors are liberals too largely.

It's a loaded term because US media and even conversational usage has nothing to do with the definitions. It's everyone who isn't right wing.

It's all loving terrible as a vote for biden was... a vote for genocide and police state.

liberals are right wing and will ultimately always side with fascists.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

wow i wonder if the first person they try to silence with this poo poo is going to end up with a fat settlement for having their 1st amendment rights violated

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Would that necessarily imply there is a form of lawful antisemitism?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Ardennes posted:

Granted, I think one fundamental way these protests are different than OWS/BLM is there was a way for the Democrats to "accept" their demands thus beginning the process of neutering those movements and replacing them with an safe alternative. Anyone remember Occupy Democrats?

Also to be honest this whole thing isn't about the US in reality, and the real war is happening on the ground in Palestine. Even if the entire movement collapses it isn't slow the stride of the Palestinians, it is a nice thing to see though even in the heart of the empire there is still some resistance.

The Democrats only got their foot in the door with BLM because Trump was president during the 2020 protests and its always easier for the losing party to fingerwag the President over their poo poo when they arent the ones in power. Same with how they reacted to COVID then and now. Now that Genocide Joe is President, all the Democrats have is These protests are bad, actually. and Do you seriously think Republicans can do better?

Biden winning 2020 just helped show more people how much of a sham the Democrats are.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

glenn platforms more campus protestors
https://twitter.com/SystemUpdate_/status/1785746988689986045

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

(audio on)

https://i.imgur.com/byLhLht.mp4

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

BillsPhoenix posted:

biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiills you scamp, you do your thing in the marxism thread

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

jesus loving christ everything

god drat america

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

jesus loving christ everything

god drat america

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

err posted:

Thought some states already did that lol. Like if you take bureaucrat job you have to sign a pledge to never support BDS

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

Thought some states already did that lol. Like if you take bureaucrat job you have to sign a pledge to never support BDS

its close to like 40 states

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

oh you support the protesters? name one policy theyve changed

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

BillsPhoenix posted:

Hey I want you to look at something.

https://twitter.com/DD_Geopolitics/status/1785517304807342287
https://twitter.com/DD_Geopolitics/status/1784444558799155442

This is you.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Al! posted:

even though the brown kids got owned i think its pretty gauche to criticize them unless you are also involved in organizing these protests

Yeah like generously I think they will suspect that the university will try to renege and plan stuff for then, and I can't really blame them for picking the "do this again in six months" option over the "go to jail" option

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

err posted:

if you work for the government in most states you literally already have to take one

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/nrtn_antivirus/status/1785523702433558917