Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I will bravely take the Bryce Young poverty squad that’s on offer. I’ve been wanting to get into a dynasty league… lemme know what you need from me to get started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I would be interested in the other slot. I’ve likewise been looking to take over a dynasty squad for a while now

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I'll PM you both

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Those both look like fun projects, also been wanting to get into a dynasty league but at the same time trying to trim down my leagues (sadly going to have to quit Goontier this year :saddowns:)

Curious in dynasty superflex, are QBs going no-question 1.01 over MHJ?

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
welcome to Degens -- the two of you. It's a lot of fun.

I basically promise I won't win it this year.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
edit - did not see the last page, looks like spots filled.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pain of Mind posted:

edit - did not see the last page, looks like spots filled.

missing out on Pain of Mind? no fun.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

EconDad posted:

Could always co-run your team

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
your meaning team Fortress. You should! It'll look good on you.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

EconDad posted:

One of my leagues dissolved so I had some bandwidth for fantasy to spare, but since it filled up it looks like you are back on track with your league. Spent 10 minutes too long looking at the teams and making coffee.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Whoreson Welles posted:

Those both look like fun projects, also been wanting to get into a dynasty league but at the same time trying to trim down my leagues (sadly going to have to quit Goontier this year :saddowns:)

Marvin is a special enough talent that I don't have any quarrel with him going 1.01 in SF, especially if a team is already pretty solid at QB. Even when Caleb is going 1.01 I think MHJ is usually going above the rest of the QBs.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I'm in a 10 team SF league where you start 3 WR and 4 flex and I am smashing MHJ at 1.01

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Why was I not warned that mcmagic is in this league????? :negative:

(jk posting bud, and thanks for the invite YOLO!)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Whoreson Welles posted:

Admittedly I had 1.01 and 1.02 but Caleb was going over MHJ in my dynasty superflex no matter what.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What’s CMC’s worth these days in dynasty? It’s a salary cap league and he’s at 1/4th of a team’s cap at the moment.

His owner wants to move him but idk how much would be reasonable to give up to take on that salary.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I have 1.01 in my 12 team PPR superflex dynasty with .5 TEP, and I took Caleb 1.01. But I had to take him because Bryce Young was the only qb I had on my roster. This team was a total tear down tank and rebuild, I also had 1.06, 1.09, 1.10, and 1.12. I traded what should be a late 2025 1st to move up from 1.10 to 1.05 where I took JJ Mccarthy. Then I moved back from 1.06 to 1.11 and got 2.04 and 3.05 back. 1.08 is currently on the clock and I'm trying to overpay to move up one spot because Odunze is there and I don't want anyone to trade into that spot and take him from me.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I'll post my Rookie Sleepers right after pre-season camp. But I would have these guys on the watch-list:

• Marshawn Lloyd
  • Jaylen Wright
  • Javon Baker
  • BTJ

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Caleb is 100% the 1.01 in SF. Quarterbacks have more inherent value than other positions and he is one of the best quarterback prospects in years going to a stacked team. I am taking MHJ at 1.02 over any other QB because he's probably the safest pick in this draft.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Counterpoint: Bears

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Counterpoint: Bears

I want to refute this, but unfortunately I'm a Bears fan

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

This has to be the ultimate nature vs nurture test case. Caleb was created in a lab to be the best quarterback prospect since Jesus personally invented football 2000 years ago. He has every weapon you could ask for. There is no way he can fail.

And in the far corner: over 100 years of Da Bears

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Im rooting for Caleb to fail but only so chicago will finally fire eberflus

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Trevor was supposed to be eternally all pro Football Jesus, and 3 years in he looks middling.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Im rooting for Caleb to fail but only so chicago will finally fire eberflus

Keeping Eberflus (oh my god his name has entered my autocorrect) is honestly baffling. Like he obviously sucks. You’re either capping Caleb’s ceiling or forcing Caleb to learn a new system in a year or two when his dumb rear end is fired. This is the one time you absolutely should throw the baby out with the bath water!

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Sataere posted:

I want to refute this, but unfortunately I'm a Bears fan

The first step is admitting it.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Docjowles posted:

Keeping Eberflus (oh my god his name has entered my autocorrect) is honestly baffling. Like he obviously sucks. You’re either capping Caleb’s ceiling or forcing Caleb to learn a new system in a year or two when his dumb rear end is fired. This is the one time you absolutely should throw the baby out with the bath water!

I'm not 100% convinced Eberflus sucks. I thought he should have been fired also, but I understood the case for keeping him. That locker room loves him and he was handed a roster torn down to the studs, and the turnaround he had in the second half of last season where they had the number two scoring defense was noteworthy. When he finally had the horses on defense, he delivered.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Trevor was supposed to be eternally all pro Football Jesus, and 3 years in he looks middling.

I mean he's still a good starting QB and any of those teams without a QB would've traded multiple 1sts for him probably. To be fair to Trevor, his o-line was hot garbage last year, Ridley didn't work out, and Christian Kirk got injured.

Also:
https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1785372640439574643?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Sataere posted:

I'm not 100% convinced Eberflus sucks. I thought he should have been fired also, but I understood the case for keeping him. That locker room loves him and he was handed a roster torn down to the studs, and the turnaround he had in the second half of last season where they had the number two scoring defense was noteworthy. When he finally had the horses on defense, he delivered.

Agreed. The offense was mismanaged from the jump, trying to force players into a scheme rather than implementing one based on the personnel they had, which is what fantasy players all focus on.

He might suck, he might not but it could still be poor team management sticking with a defensive minded head coach when everyone knows the inherent variance that comes with it, and probably more so when you have a rookie QB with huge potential and huge draft capital.

But as a Bears fan I’m conditioned to be cynical and pessimistic about the team.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

In the end, I have so much confidence in Poles that I'm willing to give Flus the benefit of the doubt. The way they built their offensive staff is nice because they have multiple guys waiting in the wings if Waldron is poached. And I don't think that Flus being a defensive coach means he can't be a good head coach. They are two different skillsets. This is going to be a very telling year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dynasty superflex rookie draft today. These people do not understand how important these QBs are, I'm worried Rome won't fall to me at 6.

If they knew what they were doing they'd all take QBs. I have Mahomes and Stroud and I've given up hope on Nabers falling to me and now giving up on Rome. UGH

ares
Feb 5, 2004
i'm here for the gangbang

kiimo posted:

Dynasty superflex rookie draft today. These people do not understand how important these QBs are, I'm worried Rome won't fall to me at 6.

If they knew what they were doing they'd all take QBs. I have Mahomes and Stroud and I've given up hope on Nabers falling to me and now giving up on Rome. UGH

Just in the middle of mine. I have AR/Tlaw/Danny Dimes and think I made a mistake taking Odunze over JJ.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I am cautious because Rome looks like he'll be available but I already have DJ Moore. Dare I have more than one Bear on my team? Seems like a historically bad idea.

ares
Feb 5, 2004
i'm here for the gangbang
I traded up to the late 3rd to draft Kimani Vidal and the dynasty community must be hot on him as the Bucky Irving drafter (went early 3rd) wants to do a straight swap. I suppose he is probably worth the home run chance over the other day 3 rbs.

Re: Bears - if you believe in Caleb then I have no problem with having both - even though it feels like a foreign concept that the bears can have two startable wrs haha

ares fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 4, 2024

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

kiimo posted:

I am cautious because Rome looks like he'll be available but I already have DJ Moore. Dare I have more than one Bear on my team? Seems like a historically bad idea.

It will definitely work this time, though

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

If it helps any, here's ours from Wednesday. I have Mahomes and Bryce Young already and picked up Caleb Willams, so I should hopefully be decent at QB for awhile. I started the draft with 11 picks and through trading ended up with 8 and another first and second rounder next year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ares posted:

I traded up to the late 3rd to draft Kimani Vidal and the dynasty community must be hot on him as the Bucky Irving drafter (went early 3rd) wants to do a straight swap. I suppose he is probably worth the home run chance over the other day 3 rbs.

Re: Bears - if you believe in Caleb then I have no problem with having both - even though it feels like a foreign concept that the bears can have two startable wrs haha

He's definitely not a secret any longer.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol @ darnold (we allow free agents to be drafted)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

lol @ darnold (we allow free agents to be drafted)

Brock Bowers was way underdrafted, unless it's not a TE premium.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I know! I traded up to 4 and took Malik Nabers and didn't have a second round pick and it was KILLING ME seeing Bowers fall that far.

Luke McCaffrey went too high clearly based on his name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I still can’t believe Ladd McConkey is a real person and not a name George Lucas made up for someone from the Irish stereotype planet