Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

+5% charm capacity (bringing your charm total from 5 to 5)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things
Your dash leaves behind bapanada

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You don’t get a dash button. You get a walk button that slows you down to a leisurely speed so you can enjoy how awesome and amazing the world of Silksong is.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Cartoon Man posted:

You don’t get a dash button. You get a walk button that slows you down to a leisurely speed so you can enjoy how awesome and amazing the world of Silksong is.

Wrong again, Dash ability is locked at Rank 50 on the season pass (premium track only)

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
5 dashes: 500 gems
10 dashes: 800 gems *most popular*
40 dashes: 2500 gems *best value*

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

1stGear posted:

Wrong again, Dash ability is locked at Rank 50 on the season pass (premium track only)

Left dash and right dash are separate skills to acquire, like possible with the HK randomizer.

Walking left and right are separate skills for the same reason. The West and East ends of maps have turnstiles in case you need to turn around.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm down. That sounds oddly fun.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Bunny Must Die starts you off with the ability to only walk in one direction, and there's an achievement for finishing the game that way. There's a back-dash, so you can move - awkwardly - in the opposite direction, but you will never face that way.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Is there a Floor is Lava one? Like, I'm imagining that touching the ground makes you take damage, but you can down-slash bounce off of anything to avoid that.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

bobfather posted:

Left dash and right dash are separate skills to acquire, like possible with the HK randomizer.

Walking left and right are separate skills for the same reason. The West and East ends of maps have turnstiles in case you need to turn around.

The right developer could make this incredible. Cool idea.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Oh we throwing Hollowknight Fanart around?

Here's mine :3:

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
whos that red person

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s Dante from the Devil May Cry series

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

That’s Dante from the Devil May Cry series

That's right.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My favorite thing about the Devil May Cry series is how it has more than one game.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Hollow Knight is a sequel to Hungry Knight. Only real lore heads like me know this.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

My favorite thing about the Devil May Cry series is how it has more than one game.

This is not what people were saying after the release of Devil May Cry 2.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

PantsBandit posted:

but DmC: Devil May Cry never got any sequels???

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBWUegaqGgQ

so this is a youtube channel that exists, apparently. just in case you were wondering whether there were poor motherfuckers more insane than the denizens of this thread.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Silksong is coming out soon though.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Judge Tesla posted:

Silksong is coming out soon though.

That's right.

When summer
turns
to autumn

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

When September ends

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
When the sun rises in the west, sets in the east. When the seas go dry. When the mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Between the time when the oceans drank Buglantis, and the rise of the sons of Aryas (the bug one) there was an age undreamed of. And onto this, Hornet, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Bugquilonia upon a troubled brow.

It is I, her chronicler, who al-oh-ah-one can tell thee of her saga.

Let me tell you... of the days of high adventure!

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
mid july

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

actually it's shaping up to be quite a good one

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It's gonna be really loving funny when Hades and Hades 2 come out before Silksong

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

PlasticAutomaton posted:

It's gonna be really loving funny when Hades and Hades 2 come out before Silksong
I ain't laughing

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
:negative:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Martman posted:

I ain't laughing

I'm cry laughing

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

That is how Castlevania works though. You know what you need to do and what tools you have to do it and you need to decide how to use those tools. There is an element of "next time I do this I should come in prepared with (x)" but that's because the game is designed with the assumption you'd play it multiple times trying to improve your score.

Another thing to remember about those old-school NES/SNES games is that the cartridges cost like $60-80 - in the late 1980s. That's probably nearly double the price of a modern AAA game considering inflation, which is a huge amount of money for a game that in theory takes 1-2 hours to beat (and not in a speedrun kind of way, but just in a successful playthrough from start to finish).

So for the platformers, the difficulty and instant death pits and lack of saves (with the exception of the occasional password system) was also there so you would be able to play the game for more than a handful of hours. The other main game types would be RPGs that were very grindy, and sports games that you could play endlessly.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

*sigh*

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

PlasticAutomaton posted:

i’m playin Hades 2 right now

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Early access isn’t real

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

what are larams

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
a sports team

Heroine88
Dec 29, 2021
The scream that I've been holding in for the past five years that I'm going to let out once we have a release date is going to deafen my neighborhood.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Heroine88 posted:

The scream that I've been holding in for the past five years that I'm going to let out once we have a release date is going to deafen my neighborhood.

Good news
https://twitter.com/TheColorW2/status/1788033440098529631

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Seems a bit optimistic.