Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Study's here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gf7GkHDSTZzYdWT0eDAgfHdmhPkhW6xQ/view

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

relevant: https://www.hcn.org/articles/what-rural-homelessness-looks-like/

if i were homeless, that's where i'd be too

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I read that url and the answer is “living in the woods hopefully the pigs don’t find me” I’m sure of it

Apr 7, 2003

when housing is good

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

look at that, it got cheaper! Joe fixed it!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

falling over 10% in four months is dece

the problem is any price cuts probably match the extra costs for financing at 8%

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

when housing is good

looks like they added another 50% to the original house? did they just build a new one on the property or something

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

someone paid 90k for a lot and built a house on it. the real starting point of that public record is December 2023

Apr 7, 2003

i say swears online posted:

someone paid 90k for a lot and built a house on it. the real starting point of that public record is December 2023

Nope.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1234-Monterey-St_Pittsburgh_PA_15212_M49707-01917

House was built in 1912.

Apr 7, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud has issued a correction as of 00:40 on May 2, 2024

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Hooked Up Property Solutions LLC sounds like a reliable, stable company to purchase a house from.

Apr 7, 2003

$875k is a reasonable amount to spend for a house that's rated one step above condemned

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

$875k is a reasonable amount to spend for a house that's rated one step above condemned

the tenants won't have to know

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Failson posted:

Hooked Up Property Solutions LLC sounds like a reliable, stable company to purchase a house from.

lol

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

falling over 10% in four months is dece

the problem is any price cuts probably match the extra costs for financing at 8%

With interest rates approximately doubled, housing prices would have to drop by about the same to keep the monthly payments the same. Just 40% more to go!

More seriously, I’m seeing prices start to drop around me, as well. It’s pretty great.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

well they can list it for whatever they want. i'm interested in seeing what the sale price eventually is

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
neighbors are moving and live in a 2600 sqft house , family of 4. they told me they need more space and looking at homes in the 800k and I’m like 2600 sqft is loving plenty

all the homes that are getting sold around me now are either homes that haven’t been touched in a while or ones with like mega kitchen renovations

I wish I could get the data on how many homes in my area have ground level bed/full bathrooms because it skews a little older here and wondering what big issues that’s gonna have in the future.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

lmao that’s rational, where do you think we are, planet sensible?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sonatinas posted:

neighbors are moving and live in a 2600 sqft house , family of 4. they told me they need more space and looking at homes in the 800k and I’m like 2600 sqft is loving plenty

all the homes that are getting sold around me now are either homes that haven’t been touched in a while or ones with like mega kitchen renovations

I wish I could get the data on how many homes in my area have ground level bed/full bathrooms because it skews a little older here and wondering what big issues that’s gonna have in the future.

i posted yesterday that a coworker was buying a home that was 10x her salary. she's a single parent with one young child and i learned today the house is a 4000sqft 5/4

Apr 7, 2003

i am harry posted:

lmao that’s rational, where do you think we are, planet sensible?

That’s not what happened

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

i posted yesterday that a coworker was buying a home that was 10x her salary. she's a single parent with one young child and i learned today the house is a 4000sqft 5/4

what

Apr 7, 2003

lol

well they can list it for whatever they want. i'm interested in seeing what the sale price eventually is

They’ll get over $750k

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

That’s not what happened

that’s my point. they’re thinking the most obvious rational explanation

and we live on planet hellworld so of course it isnt that and is instead someone buying a 90k property and listing it for 10x that

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Gotta have a guest bedroom, a hobby room, and a second guest bedroom but only for the kid’s friends on top of the two normal bedrooms. Can’t forget a formal living room downstairs with a velvet rope that remains immaculate and untouched in case the pope decides to pop by for a surprise visit as well as formal and casual dining rooms and a secondary guest kitchen.

You can fill up 4k easily with all that poo poo.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Failson posted:

underwritten by Cut Me Some Slack Jack Banking

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hahahah wtf

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I would kill for 1200sf home instead of tiny renting apartment

4000+ sf…

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol 4000sqft is two air conditioner territory, gently caress that

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol 4000sqft is two air conditioner territory, gently caress that

uh…
for context, in case anyone can’t visualize 4000sqft….
I live in a house with three women, two cats, a bearded dragon in a 120gal tank. it has three floors, a living room/dining room, kitchen, living room in the basement, four rooms that could be bedrooms, three bathrooms one with a tub large enough for a 6’3 person to fully submerge in, hallways, staircases…

it’s 2000ish sqft

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

i am harry posted:

uh…
for context, in case anyone can’t visualize 4000sqft….
I live in a house with three women, two cats, a bearded dragon in a 120gal tank. it has three floors, a living room/dining room, kitchen, living room in the basement, four rooms that could be bedrooms, three bathrooms one with a tub large enough for a 6’3 person to fully submerge in, hallways, staircases…

it’s 2000ish sqft

thats only 45 cubic feet. pretty small

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
checked my math and its actually 40,000 cubic feet. thats too many!!!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Land speculation must have picked up in the last few years. Listings asking way too much for everything, including literally unbuildable parcels.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

saw this the other day lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

saw this the other day lol

lol bidding wars rule

Apr 7, 2003

i am harry posted:

I live in a house with three women,

dang, didn't know we had Hugh Hefner posting here

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i am a lowly civil servant!! my place is 590sqft

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

i am a lowly civil servant!! my place is 590sqft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfu_iFS-UY8

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Lol the footprint of my foundation is like... 35x30 feet my house would have to be a five over one to get to 4000 sqft haha :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
lady in my group at work is buying her first house and hoo boy you can really spend $900k on a 1500sq ft flip in the Seattle suburbs lol