Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gonna have to add Israeli loyalty oaths to the pledge of allegiance in elementary schools before long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

we get our first catholic president to not get his brains blown out in Dallas and roe v. wade is dead, america is pledging unconditional support to a crusader kingdom in the levant, and now it's illegal to read the bible.

Papist patriots are in control.

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again
I love that the entire bill doesn't include the word Israel. It just refers you to the Corbyn rules.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

gently caress this isn't just a non-binding resolution saying it's so, it's actually changing the Title VII definition.

they're TERRIFIED of those kids

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Owlbear Camus posted:

they're TERRIFIED of those kids

Good.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wntX-a3jSY

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

:yeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-asb8zTiuZ4

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Good thing I target the state of Israel for reasons other than its Jewish character

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Maybe some of us milquetoast millennials, but not the youth leading these protests. And to be honest I'm not sure the liberal establishment is capable of superficial concessions and better speechmaking.

What an odd thing to wonder about. It's like wondering if a leaf knows the square root of pi. Completely meaningless.

Is AIPAC going to allow them to make superficial concessions? No. And that's the long and short of it. All policy on israel is driven by a handful of insane, bloodthirsty billionaire donors.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Nah I think they're too intermeshed in American hegemony to be let go too easily. AIPAC certainly helps keep them there, but there's plenty of other reasons (albeit not necessarily good ones) the US backs Israel- mostly that we can't get enough of genocidal settler states

HazCat
May 4, 2009

RedSky posted:

Death to Israel.

Is the phrasing "death to Israel" really what we're saying now?

Like I oppose what Israel is doing in Gaza, and the formation of Israel in 1948 and displacement of Palestinians was a crime against humanity. I'm far from a supporter of Israel, but man that phrasing still sounds kind of genocidal in a way I'm pretty uncomfortable with.

I dunno. I know it's not the topic of the thread, so to bring it back I can't imagine matching with someone who said that phrasing. Is this just pearl clutching on my part?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

whatever it was has long since fallen off the recent updates page, you need a permalink for these stories.

I think this is what it was?
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/5/1/us-house-passes-controversial-bill-that-expands-definition-of-anti-semitism

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

HazCat posted:

Like I oppose what Israel is doing in Gaza, and the formation of Israel in 1948 and displacement of Palestinians was a crime against humanity. I'm far from a supporter of Israel, but man that phrasing still sounds kind of genocidal in a way I'm pretty uncomfortable with.

I dunno. I know it's not the topic of the thread, so to bring it back I can't imagine matching with someone who said that phrasing. Is this just pearl clutching on my part?

Death to Israel.
Death to America.
Glory to the martyrs.
Global intifada until Palestine is free.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

HazCat posted:

death to israel

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

source youre quotes

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

you shouldnt have to be told it refers to the current state and its government and armed forces

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HazCat posted:

yeah its pearl clutching. words are wind

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

TeenageArchipelago posted:

https://aje.io/qvjfrm?update=2873038

quote:

The US House of Representatives has passed a bill broadening the definition of anti-Semitism to include the “targeting of the State of Israel, conceived as a Jewish collectivity”.

Lmao

incredible.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

quote:

The definition also bars any comparison between “contemporary Israeli policy” and “that of the Nazis”.
weird, why would they do that? why on earth would anyone compare the Most Moral army ever to the Most Evil army ever?

HazCat posted:

syq

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

oh lol i forgot those

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Harik posted:

whatever it was has long since fallen off the recent updates page, you need a permalink for these stories.

I think this is what it was?
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/5/1/us-house-passes-controversial-bill-that-expands-definition-of-anti-semitism

I just copied/pasted a bit of the summary from the previous day, I didn't look through the previous day's stuff for it

But yeah, that was the whole story

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

so what happened to the cargo?
Israeli forces open fire against suspected drug smugglers at Egyptian border

www.aa.com.tr posted:

JERUSALEM

Israeli forces opened fire on suspected drug smugglers at the Egyptian border on Tuesday, according to the army.

A statement said soldiers operating surveillance cameras spotted several suspects on the border fence in the Mount Harif region.

Soldiers opened fire, hitting several of them, it said.

No further details were provided by the army.

“This is an attempt to smuggle drugs into Israel,” an Israeli military source, who preferred to remain unnamed, told Anadolu.

He said the suspects caused damage to the border fence.

There was no comment from Egyptian authorities.

Drug smuggling incidents on the Israeli-Egyptian border are frequent.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

TeenageArchipelago posted:

https://aje.io/qvjfrm?update=2873038

quote:

quote:
The US House of Representatives has passed a bill broadening the definition of anti-Semitism to include the “targeting of the State of Israel, conceived as a Jewish collectivity”.
Lmao

we are the jews, you will be assimilated

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Harik posted:

weird, why would they do that? why on earth would anyone compare the Most Moral army ever to the Most Evil army ever?

my "israel's crimes are not comparable to those of the third reich" t-shirt is raising questions already answered by the shirt

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

HazCat posted:

Israel is a fascist state it's not like all the Jews will drop dead when it stops existing as it does now

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

I think they're talking about the highly likely scenario of Israelis doing the shooting, but these are not mutually exclusive

Given that Israel has shown they will fire at anyone, including other Israelis and US citizens, to stop aid convoys, I can't help but agree.

But also, given the fact Israel already DID do those things, deliberately, and the US let it slide without any real fuss, the US would most likely just order the troops to at most fire warning shots.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

evilmiera posted:

Given that Israel has shown they will fire at anyone, including other Israelis and US citizens, to stop aid convoys, I can't help but agree.

But also, given the fact Israel already DID do those things, deliberately, and the US let it slide without any real fuss, the US would most likely just order the troops to at most fire warning shots.

:gb2gbs:

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

love this show

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

source youre quotes

I would never impugn the reputation of the EN online dating thread by painting it as the source of such genocide-apologia. It's disgusting that you'd even suggest I'd even consider doing such a thing.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

HazCat posted:

I would never impugn the reputation of the EN online dating thread by painting it as the source of such genocide-apologia. It's disgusting that you'd even suggest I'd even consider doing such a thing.

there but for the grace of God etc etc

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Eifert Posting posted:

There's not a government conspiracy to start general protests across the country, because they're not that smart. That said, if the goal was to spark general protests across the country, what would they be doing differently?

They'd be raising taxes to pay for it instead of sweeping it all into a big pile.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

HazCat posted:

Is this just pearl clutching on my part?

Yes.

DTI

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

It's weird how a Disney show banged this out.

"Tyranny requires constant effort. it breaks, it leaks, authority is brittle, Opression is the mask of fear"

is in a loving star wars show..

what the gently caress.

uhh... DTI

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Isn't this codifying into US law that Israel is a Jewish Ethnostate?

Won't this be really bad for the ICJ and ICC cases against Israel?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

apatheticman posted:

It's weird how a Disney show banged this out.

"Tyranny requires constant effort. it breaks, it leaks, authority is brittle, Opression is the mask of fear"

is in a loving star wars show..

what the gently caress.

uhh... DTI

andor is so great

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

fewer Jedi more jihad plz

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

dune is way better than star wars agreed

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Dunite posted:

Isn't this codifying into US law that Israel is a Jewish Ethnostate?

Won't this be really bad for the ICJ and ICC cases against Israel?

why? there's no rule against an ethnostate committing genocide

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Mandel Brotset posted:

starting to get excited for the al aqsa flood with american characteristics

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

mawarannahr posted:

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1785835412197667119?t=H_38YVLaCDESe2gdEWDKSg&s=19

I know it's Bob Evans but that pic was just too perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

That's some catch that catch-netanyahu