Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Peachfart posted:

lol at people complaining that after a massive revamp of loot, that there isn't a seasonal mechanic. These are changes people have wanted since launch, and all some of you can do is whine.

I think being disappointed is totally warranted. It sucks that the game shipped with such a bad loot system, it sucks that it took a year to overhaul it, and it sucks that it took so much dev time that they had to try and convince us that fixing a core system is somehow seasonal content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I said come in! posted:

do you know of a good necro minion build to follow yet for season 4? is it too early to have that figured out even with the test realm?

The dude who does most of the build guides for maxroll has been planning them out on his stream. He said that they now have a guy who just does necro minion builds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nrHVcgsTrg

e: their build guides will start updating once the patch notes are live

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Ehud posted:

I think being disappointed is totally warranted. It sucks that the game shipped with such a bad loot system, it sucks that it took a year to overhaul it, and it sucks that it took so much dev time that they had to try and convince us that fixing a core system is somehow seasonal content.

There's also seasonal content so I encourage you to proceed to the next step of the plan, complaining that the seasonal content is also bad

I can't wait to see what you come up with! Post often

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Gentlemen, you can't argue in here, this is the Diablo 4 thread!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doomykins posted:

Gentlemen, you can't argue in here, this is the Diablo 4 thread!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Peachfart posted:

lol at people complaining that after a massive revamp of loot, that there isn't a seasonal mechanic. These are changes people have wanted since launch, and all some of you can do is whine.

This thread deserves the I Am Sam posting lmao

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Haters in 2024 as the game keeps getting better but their contract says they gotta be a sadboy in perpetuity

(the cheering kids are me & all my friends that go to the school across town)

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

harrygomm posted:

i do wonder what this means re: normal seasonal turn around. did they not have a S4 theme as of 1.5 months ago and made it QoL season? was it always gonna be iron wolves but they cut it way back? did they drop their idea to use it in a future season?

surely S4=QoL season want their intent from way out after Swim Team Even wrapped up S2

my guess is the s4 gimmick was going to be more iron wolves stuff, but the loot and crafting revamp was more difficult to implement than planned, so the iron wolves were cut way back.

KrunkMcGrunk fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 1, 2024

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah seems like they just cut whatever big mechanic they were planning since all the other seasonal set dressing is there.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

proceed to the next step of the plan, complaining that the seasonal content is also bad

Thank you :shobon:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Life got in the way of pretty much all of s3 so s4 looks good to me.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Seasonal things that make u strong and then they take away are dumb anyway, fixing the loot is good, game is still too zoomed in though

Looking forward to this poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

flashman posted:

Seasonal things that make u strong and then they take away are dumb anyway, fixing the loot is good, game is still too zoomed in though

Looking forward to this poo poo

they're letting you zoom it out slightly now

like, a little bit

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I know it such a tease

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That poo poo had to be trolling. Anybody asking for more zoom is clearly wanting like 25% more at a minimum, not 5%

And now they know that it's possible to change it, which is even worse

I'd buy in to the 'no zoom because mtx cosmetics' theory if it weren't for the cosmetics still being completely invisible at the current level of zoom

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And now they know that it's possible to change it, which is even worse
That's just silly. There's like four or five different zoom levels depending on where you are and what you're doing.

They've always known it to be possible. It's just not in The Vision.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
If a major overhaul that makes the game way better replaces one season of content I'm ok with that. Especially if that's going to keep me playing longer in general.

Yeah yeah it should have been done already but I'm just happy any improvements get done these days.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

they're letting you zoom it out slightly now

like, a little bit

Ok, I've not been paying attention much but I wasn't excited until I saw this. The zoomed-in tunnel vision really bothered my head. Have there been any comparison screenshots?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Don't even bother looking, the comparison photo will only frustrate you. It's an increase of like 5% tops

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
Ah, bummer.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

iirc the pre-release version was significantly more zoomed out. There’s screenshots of it but I’d have to go hunting to dig them up

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
World boss levels of zoom would be too much for regular playing but definitely need more zoom out!!

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The amazing thing is I got this mouse with a scroll wheel and theoretically I could find the zoom that was good

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
They should just stop getting rid of the seasonal stuff.

Is the robot OP? Does it break the game? Why is it going away? It's something for players to do! Why get rid of it? Why get rid of anything you add to the game?

It's just so loving bizarre. Signed, guy who's still bitter that the farm, garrison, and my loving FLYING CITADEL FULL OF DEATH KNIGHTS disappeared for some reason when new WoW expansions dropped. Seems like that last one would have been very, very useful in the uh, "Battle for Azeroth" but who knows.

I'm going to miss my little bot buddy. :(

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'm just underwhelmed after coming back after bouncing soon after launch
Games like No Rest for the Wicked have so much stronger level design and look, a very cool somewhat fisheye camera makes isometric look so much better. It allows for some view of upcoming threats.
The talent trees just have such minor upgrades per point
Sorry about venting

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 2, 2024

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I'm going to give the new season a shot and actually play some ARPG content that isn't just the campaign for the first time in a very long time so that's exciting for me.
Having just done Necro though I don't want to do another Necro even though the buffs to minions sound great. Druid time, maybe.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
What's funny to me is that the Loot Reborn announcement reads almost exactly the same as I remember the Loot 2.0 announcement 10 years ago. Like, most of the changes are the exact same changes they made to fix D3's terrible loot system.

Anyway, those changes fixed diablo 3, so I guess they might fix Diablo 4, lol. I might actually jump in if reports are positive in a couple of weeks. And if there's a decent viable necro summoner build.

Probably asking too much for both of those.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Minion necro was real good on ptr, so don't lose hope yet, friend

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
even potential for a couple variations of summonmancer too

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Everyone going to ddos diablo with skellies

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

harrygomm posted:

this is like, fourth hand, but the MS earnings call mentioned it was a big gamepass launch, 10 billion hours played in 10 days or 10 billion monsters slayed or something. obviously doesn't speak to returning seasonal player base

10 million hours played in the first 10 days after adding it to gamepass

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/investor/events/fy-2024/earnings-fy-2024-q3.aspx

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 2, 2024

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
billion did sound a bit out of pocket, thanks for finding that

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Betjeman posted:

Everyone going to ddos diablo with skellies

Yeah I'm somewhat worried about the performance implications of pushing everyone towards a single zone in the open world while also getting people excited about playing a build with 10(?) minions

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I see no point in running the new loot mechanic into boredom in a season with no seasonal mechanic.

but really, simply having no mechanic would probably be preferable to whatever season 3 looked like so I guess it's still an upgrade lol

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yeah like we're gonna be paying vanilla d4, shits gonna get boring after a week. This is diablo 4 were talking about here,. New loot ain't gonna provide endless entertainment when you're back to the nmd or duriel grind again

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

queeb posted:

Yeah like we're gonna be paying vanilla d4, shits gonna get boring after a week. This is diablo 4 were talking about here,. New loot ain't gonna provide endless entertainment when you're back to the nmd or duriel grind again

How a company of this size can't do the loot rework AND make seasonal content at the same time is wild.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Didn't blizzard have wild layoffs a few months ago?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Yes. That did happen.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am guessing Blizzard massively downscaled the Diablo 4 team when the seasonal content didnt turn into the massive profits they were hoping for. Too many players abandoned the game and didnt spend money on the cash shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

TyrantWD posted:

How a company of this size can't do the loot rework AND make seasonal content at the same time is wild.

It would be a bad idea, since the seasonal gimmick would interfere with any data and feedback they're gathering with regard to the new balance and changes.

They'll still likely gently caress it up this way, but adding a seasonal gimmick into the mix would probably be a disaster for several seasons.